Have Limbo and Gara's abilities to infinitely extend proc duration been removed?

TheArcSet

Question

I was thinking of trying Limbo for some endless steel Path and wanted to check some things, but on his and Gara's page it now just says "frozen enemies are not immune to new procs" and "procs that existed before freezing will end normal".

Was this feature nerfed?

Thanks for any confirmation.

5 answers to this question

Good question, I wasn't aware of that myself as it's been awhile since I used either of them (Finally have Gara Prime in the Foundry though, so I'm looking forward to that).

• There is another other way to do some proc-stacking in place of that though, with Sickening Pulse. It's the Rank 14 Helminth ability, so it'll take some time to get up to that point from Rank 1-10 hypothetically. Of course that's just for general-use, at least.

Regarding Limbo / Gara, I would think that Limbo can use it through the Rift on already-procced enemies, but I haven't tested that yet myself. Not yet informed on how it works on Frozen / Glassed enemies at the moment since you mentioned they're not immune, but hopefully the pulse can still work on them.

That being said, using whichever weapons you have to apply status procs could work just as well, but maybe not as directly :)

• Like 1

As I recally, yes. I'm of two minds about it.

On the one hand, I don't really miss it and one could possibly argue it made him a tad over-capable (infinitely stacking slash procs for example), but on the other it was some fun nuance.

• Like 2

Yes it was removed. The code affected frozen (from Frost) and crystalized (from Gara) enemies. Once in that state, they can't take any status procs but any status proc they already have before being frozen or crystalized would continue.

It was different for Limbo's stasis. It froze the status proc duration timer but didn't prevent enemies from receiving new status procs. I guess it was mostly removed for Frost and Gara's sake.

• Like 1