Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is harrow good?

BabiMinune32

Question

Hi. i wanna know if harrow is a good warframe so if i can farm for him because i wanna try new frames, i’ve got bored of my Old frames and harrow caughted my eye and he looks actually interesting and i wanna know more about him(playstyle, is he good for endgame?, could he be a good solo frame ?) 

3 answers to this question

He's a selfish support. As in, He's a Support Frame. He grants Health, Energy, and Crits for days, with self-sustaining CC. But HE needs to be the carrying player to be effective, which means the support isn't as needed. It's better for solo or old player carrying young player. If on equal playing field as others, more likely what he brings to the table won't be made use of, because he has to hurt enemies for his benefits to come through.

To be clear, he a STRONG selfish support, but needs the ability to be selfish amongst his party to do so. So Solo is good placement for him, as is leisurely carries of less experienced.

Unless your Eidolon farming, then he's a team carry.

He's basically a self buffing Gun-Mage, who incidentally buffs others near him, but he needs to hit enemies to trigger some of his buffs and needs kills to regen team energy.

He's fun to play, though not speed/nuke/AoE meta.

Though as he's the headshot frame, he may see some more general use now, with the new arcanes.

I'd check out his abilities and see if you like them.

I could go on and on about Harrow, but here's a few things about him you should know beforehand: 

- Often called the hardest frame to farm, since his system only drops in Defection.  And his Prime will probably come after Nidus, so you might want to hold off farming him or investing in him for now.

- He's extremely "busy" and rotation-oriented compared to most frames.  If you don't like the idea of spending a lot of time monitoring buffs, he might not be for you.

- Essentially a weapon platform.  His buffs are very good at "fixing" weapons with low attack speed, reload speed, and/or poor overall damage.

- Often not great for random squads, especially in fast moving missions, mainly  for reasons given in the posts above this one.

- People will often talk about how you need to be good at hitting headshots with him, but IMO that's more a bonus than a requirement.  If you love playing that way anyway, he can be -extremely- satisfying.

Archived