Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Boss drops?

BiancaRoughfin

Swazdo-Lah Fellow Tennos! <3

For a wile now i have been imagining if bosses had more special drops added to their loot tables, by drops i dont mean Warframes but maybe have each boss drop an exclusive weapon related to the attacks they have and use during the fight, also other stuff like collectibles? What if bosses had a small chance of dropping their Noggles or some other thing of theirs as Orbiter decoration?

Examples like Sargas Ruk could drop part of that shoulder exhaust of his which players could either place on their orbiter floor or craft into a frame like the Fishing trophies and place on a Wall, a Toe of Vay Hek`s Terra Frame, The Sergeant`s helmet, Alad V`s broken Control Collar?

The idea is to give players more reasons to replay boss fights aside just farming the frames that drop from them, kinda like Vor drops the Crono Sword BP, Seer BP/Parts and now Jackal drops the Stahlta and Stropha BPs, also have things exclusive from those bosses that players can have as souvenirs, like the Eidolons and Orb mothers already have with their respective Articulas.

What are other Tenno`s thoughts on this?

Sure, adding new items might attract players to farm those bosses at first. But once players have those items, they will have no reason to do bosses ever.

If your reason is to have players revisiting old bosses, maybe implement new game mode like "sortie" that require players randomly revisit old content, it will have better long term result. Something like "boss rush" mode where randomly bosses are selected to be complete each day.

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The idea is to give players more reasons to replay boss fights aside just farming the frames that drop from them, Like Crono, Seer, Stahlta, and Stropha

Making them replayable? For one day? That's what this does. There is still no incentive to return.

As for articulas, please fecking NO. I don't need another 3% drop chance at a specific ephemera. Last time DE said "We want to reward you overcoming challenges", that's how it came out. If things were given based on actual challenge completions, holy hell things would be better. Time Restrictions, Damage Taken, etc.

Just now, Godmode_Ash said:

Sure, adding new items might attract players to farm those bosses at first. But once players have those items, they will have no reason to do bosses ever.

Not true, people often use large amounts of decorations to build sculptures in their ships and also donate to Dojos for same reason so there would always have reasons for players to farm these.

Just now, NoLife said:

If things were given based on actual challenge completions, holy hell things would be better.

If they were a One-Time thing yeah but my idea was so they could be farmed endlessly for the reasons i mentioned above. Also, they would probably be tradeable so there would be a market for them and rarity means value. ^^

Since Dojo decoration is now a competition, im sure lots of clans would love hoarding these decorations.

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Sounds great to me! Weapons are a good start. Personally I'd like the Holokeys to be added to the drop tables, even if it's just a single key.

That would pull players from RJ void storm, which is what DE desperately encourage players to do.

Also players will most likely just farm the quickest boss instead of evenly farm on all bosses.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If they were a One-Time thing yeah but my idea was so they could be farmed endlessly for the reasons i mentioned above. Also, they would probably be tradeable so there would be a market for them and rarity means value. ^^

Since Dojo decoration is now a competition, im sure lots of clans would love hoarding these decorations.

You initial question was for Players, not Clans. Minority of players participate in the Decoration-game, let alone the massive projects.

Addon: You're from the same closed beta age as me. Can you honestly say you would want more than one of each 'decoration' or articula for your collection? If any at all? It would be to make one trophy wall, maybe a second for the clan, but that'd be it.

1 hour ago, NoLife said:

Making them replayable? For one day? That's what this does. There is still no incentive to return.

This.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, this does few things:
1) I'll go back to farm them if they drop weapons. Mastery fodder is mastery fodder (as I don't expect good weapons to find their way on Star Chart bosses)
2) If its Orbiter decorations, I can safely ignore it. I've never used a single orbiter decoration and I likely never will.
2.a) Depending on how many of said decorations are added or what loot slots they'll occupy, they have the potential to become active hindrance and detriment to drops as now they get in the way of relevant drops and further dilute the loot tables.

If you want to incentivize people to go back to the Star Chart bosses, you need evergreen gameplay-relevant rewards on them.

Archived