Do max mods make a significant difference?

(XBOX)Seb el guardian

Question

9 answers to this question

hace 12 horas, Tesseract7777 dijo:

It really depends. If you are still trying to level a lot of mods and once, and still have a lot of mods that are not fully maxed, don't stress about that very last level, and if you really have a ton of mods you are working on, r8 is probably okay for now. 

Those last levels are going to help you get more power, but they will cost exponentially more endo for smallish gains the higher levels they get. So is it worth it to fully max them? Yes, over time, but if you are hard up for endo, not immediately. If they are r10 capable mods and you are hard up for endo, you might be better off stop at around r8-r9 for now depending on how hard you are finding it to get enough right now. 

If r8-r9 mods are not enough, there is something more going on, as those last couple levels only add so much oomph. I can do SP w/e solo and most of my primed mods are only R9, for example. If you have a lot of mods that are at least close to max and you are still not getting the results you need, post your build in PHP and people can give you suggestions on how to help you get the most out of your mods and your gear. 

Thanks for the response. I think I now know what to focus on to try and make my builds better.

In this game you can stack stats as much as possible, the only exception I can think of are ability efficiency(cap at 75%) and heavy attack efficiency(cap at 90%).

Stats like ability efficiency has cap at 75% so it's not necessary to use max rank of Streamline(max 30%) or Fleeting Expertise(max 60%) at same time, unless you already have negative efficiency from Blind Rage.

I used to be very specific and use lower rank mod for very specific scenario(ex: r0 60% viral), but eventually having too many copy of same mods just make the mod management too chaotic.

Max Mods does not make a significant difference.

It's hard to grind for that endo just for the small difference between R9 and R10.

Personally, I'd rather put those endo to R9 another Mod I might need instead of upgrading to R10 the current mod I have.

Another thing: if you share the mod between lots of builds/frames, then maxing it might make it unusable in some frames without putting yet another forma on it.  Luckily the game warns you about this when ranking up a mod; yesterday I decided to inc one of my prime mods in some frame from 8 to 9 and I was told it wouldn't fit in my Octavia anymore, so I decided to leave it at 8 for now.

And then there are corrupted mods which are sometimes better left unmaxed, since the downside of the negative characteristic won't outweigh the upside of the positive at the max rank.  Think e.g. Narrow Minded; at max it has +99% duration, but -66% range, and for frames where range is important for their abilities that can be disastrous without sacrificing 2 mod slots on range mods to compensate for the -66% range.  Then again some abilities have nothing to do with range, so there a rank 10 mod would be best.  Final verdict: probably get 2 of these; leave one at rank 6/7/8, and the other at 10 for specialized builds.  So if yours is at 7 already, it's probably best to keep it there for now and only later get a new one up to rank 10.

And lastly: there are also legendary cores.  Now the best thing is to just don't get your hopes up on ever obtaining one, but once you happen to get one it's best served on leveling a primed mod from 0 to max for free (no credit nor endo cost).  IIRC I once got one from a sortie, and IIRC also very infrequently DE gives them as compensation from altering game mechanics (to offset resources previously spent by players).  But like I said: don't get your hopes up on this route, they're extremely rare :)

When you are still relatively new in the game and not swimming in Endo and credits, max all your rank 5 mods but the rank 10 and primed mods you gather, keep them at rank 8. The last 2 ranks basically double the cost of the mod and only give 10% difference which in 95% of the game isn't going to matter.

for the majority of 10 Rank Mods, which offer direct simple Stats (Damage, Ability Stats, Et Cetera), not especially. 8/10 offers plenty for the time being.
5 Rank Mods should all be upgraded because i find it hard to believe a few hundred Points is going to be a big deal.

however, there are some 10 Rank Mods which if you're going to use, you'd really want Ranked up high, due to offering unique/special effects. and those effects are either there or they aren't, or may be difficult to use without the Stats pushed up as high as they can get. or, most things that stack.

for example:
Adaptation - yes, yes. this Mod technically still functions if you don't Rank it up. however, most of the time in Warframe you aren't dying to small pin pricks over the course of a Minute, it's short bursts of Damage. if you don't max out Adaptation, it's therefore basically unhelpful against the most common scenario of dying, taking a hell of a lot of Damage in a short period of time. when it is, it can atleast offer like 30-40% protection against the thing that's about to Kill you, so having an effect at making that less likely to Kill you.
and it also means that against chip Damage, you'll basically always have those Damage instances maxed out, additionally, each hit provides a separate stack on the Counter. so if you're building the stack at a small value at a time, you have to get a lot of continuous hits in order for the DR to be a particularly relevant strength. up to 90 hits, if it's Unranked, after all. versus 10 hits.

unique Mods like Cautious Shot, Primed Sure Footed, Et Cetera. these effects are not only RNG based, if they don't successfully pull off that roll, well, that Mod Slot didn't help you.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Seb el guardian said:

So I have my mods almost max, but cant seem to get the kind of results Im expecting. I have some good mods, some off them are maxed, although most of them are a few ranks from max, mainly because endo is a pain to farm. So do max mods make a difference compared to almost maxed mods?

It really depends. If you are still trying to level a lot of mods and once, and still have a lot of mods that are not fully maxed, don't stress about that very last level, and if you really have a ton of mods you are working on, r8 is probably okay for now. 

Those last levels are going to help you get more power, but they will cost exponentially more endo for smallish gains the higher levels they get. So is it worth it to fully max them? Yes, over time, but if you are hard up for endo, not immediately. If they are r10 capable mods and you are hard up for endo, you might be better off stop at around r8-r9 for now depending on how hard you are finding it to get enough right now. 

If r8-r9 mods are not enough, there is something more going on, as those last couple levels only add so much oomph. I can do SP w/e solo and most of my primed mods are only R9, for example. If you have a lot of mods that are at least close to max and you are still not getting the results you need, post your build in PHP and people can give you suggestions on how to help you get the most out of your mods and your gear. 

I use the Rank 0 verson of Adaptation. And all my primed mods I have two ranks below max. It pays the bills without breaking the bank. I wouldn't worry about maxing anything out until you have surplus endo/credits and you want to rank them up because you see a direct benefit to your favourite frame/weapon.

Archived