Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Capturing

LifEisWorlD

Question

I tried to capture an Eidolon Teralyst and this my first time. I hacked and charged 2 eidolon lures then proceeded to destroy the 2 lower limbs and then the Teralyst disappeared, My clanmates say I was supposed to destroy all four limbs  but I only destroyed 2, They say that the Teralyst teleported but having a charged lure would prevent it from teleporting right? Can anyone tell me what happened? Also, best warframe for baby eidolon hunters?

7 answers to this question

Was it becoming day when it disappeared, because the eidolons go away when it hits day. If not then lure may have been too far away, or it could have just bugged out. Volt is the best frame to bring in general for eidolons, he can buff your guns with elec damage with his 1 augment and his shields give amps double crit damage, his speed is also nice for archwing. His 4 is entirely useless for hunting so it's a free helminth slot, Eclipse is your best subsume option for a limb DPS build.

4 часа назад, --ZeRo-- сказал:

lure may have been too far away

This is def a possibility. Especially considering Onko likes to yell "Run away!" before Terry screams and I saw people new to the hunt following said instruction, probably beginner guides also advice running away to avoid magnetic procs.

The indication to if lures are close enough is the beam connecting lures with eidolon's limbs. If those are not present, you are too far. Just in case you can make lures stay in place like specters or syndicate helpers so you can run around without them, you just need to remember to pick 'em up when eidolon moves away naturally during the fight.

4 часа назад, --ZeRo-- сказал:

Eclipse is your best subsume option for a limb DPS build.

Aren't you considered always in the shadow during nights thus having def buff instead of damage one?

1 hour ago, Darth_Predator said:

Aren't you considered always in the shadow during nights thus having def buff instead of damage one?

Last I heard, DE changed the lighting so the light from the moon makes it the damage buff all the time, unless you stand in the shadow of an object.

2 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

The moonlight at night is enough to proc the light buff, it's been this way for a long time. It's not the full buff because it's still low light, but it's easily enough to be the best option, even over roar.

i'm going to also go with the Lures being too far away. the Lures themselves need to be within 50 Meters of the Eidolon at the point in time that the Eidolon stands back up, in order to trap it.

23 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

The indication to if lures are close enough is the beam connecting lures with eidolon's limbs. If those are not present, you are too far. Just in case you can make lures stay in place like specters or syndicate helpers so you can run around without them, you just need to remember to pick 'em up when eidolon moves away naturally during the fight.

though - note that these beams tend to be unreliable as hell if you're a Client, so only rely on them as a Host.

On 2021-07-31 at 3:19 PM, LifEisWorlD said:

I tried to capture an Eidolon Teralyst and this my first time. I hacked and charged 2 eidolon lures then proceeded to destroy the 2 lower limbs and then the Teralyst disappeared, My clanmates say I was supposed to destroy all four limbs  but I only destroyed 2, They say that the Teralyst teleported but having a charged lure would prevent it from teleporting right? Can anyone tell me what happened? Also, best warframe for baby eidolon hunters?

Possibility #1: morning came so eidolon ran away.

Possibility #2: lure(s) too far so they didn't tether.

Best warframe is the one that'll keep you alive. But if you insist, personally I'd suggest volt. Cast shield then shoot from behind shield. Then get yelled at for not placing shield on "correct" position, just ignore those people.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Then get yelled at for not placing shield on "correct" position, just ignore those people.

more likely is everyone else actively avoids shooting through it because they're Pepega
that's my 95% of the time result, atleast.

i can even spam a ring of them around the Eidolon constantly and people will actively walk around them to not shoot through them.

Archived