Unrealistic minimum fire rate Azima?

redella

I just ran into someone who was running a really powerful Azima build, but it almost looked unreal in terms of game mechanics. The mags ejected would stay afloat for minutes at a time, and it looked like there were up to 4 or 5 huddled in the same spot, meaning multishot was through the roof. He also ejected tons of them all over the map (it was a small defense map), effectively wiping out everything that spawned within seconds. I never saw ammo restores anywhere, and with that many mags out at a time, there was no way there would still be ammo lying around even with ammo mutation (I wouldn't think).

Is there an explanation for this? I tried to get an explanation out of him, but he was just rude to me the whole time and never gave me any. I apologize that I didn't take any images, but if someone knows what's going on here, it'd be great to know.

There's only one mod for sidearms with reduced fire rate, Creeping Bullseye (+200% Critical Chance, -20% Fire Rate), so they would have had to have boosted the magazine and damage as far as possible with that, or stacked a fire rate reduction riven on top of it. Unsure how Protea's 4 would affect Azimuth.

Couple different factors that could be at play here. Stacking multishot is pretty easy now with the galvanized mods+ a decent riven, there's also the +100% ammo max on the Merciless Arcanes. But more importantly there's this taken from the Wiki:

"Fully loaded, an unmodified Azima magazine-turret will fire for approximately 10 seconds.

This can be increased with magazine size mods such as Slip Magazine, and it is reduced by fire rate.

Ammo Efficiency can further increase this duration by slowing the rate at which turrets consume their ammo. However, this only applies to efficiency values below 100%; exceeding 100% will no longer benefit them and cause them to last their normal duration.

The buffs from a rank 4  Arcane Pistoleer and rank 3 Energized Munitions apply multiplicatively to give 96.25% ammo efficiency, causing turrets to last several minutes."

18 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Unsure how Protea's 4 would affect Azimuth.

I meant her Grenade fan.     It remotely resembles Azima's turrets. 

Because that is exactly how every Protea does the defense....They spam Grenades everywhere in large quantities.

Maybe it’s me who you ran into!

As already explained by someone else, the build you’re talking about is R4 Arcane pistoleer + Energized Munitions + Azima alt fire. 

The 85% and 75% ammo efficiency from the arcane and the Helminth ability stacks, which is the reason why the floating discs lasts for a whole single round in a defense mission. 

Btw this trick doesn’t work if the arcane is max rank (108% efficiency), which if it did work otherwise, it would break the game literally lol. 

Surprisingly I’ve never seen anyone do this build aside from one or two people. 

On 2021-08-04 at 11:15 AM, UncleHanayama said:

Maybe it’s me who you ran into!

As already explained by someone else, the build you’re talking about is R4 Arcane pistoleer + Energized Munitions + Azima alt fire. 

The 85% and 75% ammo efficiency from the arcane and the Helminth ability stacks, which is the reason why the floating discs lasts for a whole single round in a defense mission. 

Btw this trick doesn’t work if the arcane is max rank (108% efficiency), which if it did work otherwise, it would break the game literally lol. 

Surprisingly I’ve never seen anyone do this build aside from one or two people. 

I'm sure it wasn't you, haha. The person I talked to wasn't very nice, and like I stated, didn't explain anything about his "perfection" build. 

Thank you, and everyone here for being kinder about it though! 

Archived