What should i do in warframe? (returning player)

I didnt know where to post this, so here it is.

It’s been a long time, i started in update 7 and have been regularly playing wf and enjoying it and i seemed to have lost interest with the Venus open world update. So i left after it. Then i played wf on and off for a bit and finally not playing it. Now before the new war, i wanted to get back into it, what should i basically focus on? I logged in today and just did sorties and sat in orbit and just wondered what to do, then after 10 mins of going through arsenal, changing colors etc i quit the game.

I genuinely wanna play but I’m so lost. I don’t like the rj content but even if i wanna give it a try, my rj is base level with nothing. Aside from rj what is it i can do that is interesting? Any suggestions would be helpful.

If you haven't caught up on quests yet, you might want to look into that. Some of them will likely be required for The New War when it drops.

For Railjack, you can actually join other people's squads if you're worried about your rail not being able to take the heat. That way you can get mods, upgrades, and material. There are railjack drydocks in the Relays.

You could also look into hunting Liches and Sisters. You will need to either upgrade your railjack or join someone else hunting them for the final kill, though.

If none of that appeals to you, there's also Steel Path. Starchart missions with buffed up enemies. Basically hard-mode. It's toggleable from the starchart, so if you decide you don't like it or want to switch it off you always can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

I didnt know where to post this, so here it is.

It’s been a long time, i started in update 7 and have been regularly playing wf and enjoying it and i seemed to have lost interest with the Venus open world update. So i left after it. Then i played wf on and off for a bit and finally not playing it. Now before the new war, i wanted to get back into it, what should i basically focus on? I logged in today and just did sorties and sat in orbit and just wondered what to do, then after 10 mins of going through arsenal, changing colors etc i quit the game.

I genuinely wanna play but I’m so lost. I don’t like the rj content but even if i wanna give it a try, my rj is base level with nothing. Aside from rj what is it i can do that is interesting? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hunt sisters and liches and then make those weapons powerful for the coming war.

They give Ephemeras and robo-dogs, MR for new weapons, and have some nice alt-mechanics to their very legitimate power-creeped weapons.

They have made hunting them a quicker experience and it’s easier now to join squads doing the same

Edited by (PSN)Silverback73
  • Like 2

So many things to do actually!

Hunt Kuva Liches, Sisters of Parvos, acquire and perfect their weapons, do the quests, unlock syndicate armor sets, collect new stuff (prime stuff etc) do Arbitrations, and test your mettle in THE STEEL PATH!

Also, welcome back Tenno ^^

Edited by Kaggelos

To get back into the feel of Warframe after I break I always do some void fissures. Unlocking relics is easy and you'll probably have some old relics that aren't available in game at the moment and you could potentially make some nice plat if you have some old relics. 

If you want a bit more to do, look at arbitrations and steel path. They both have stores with unique items, some of them quite powerful like the new galvenized mods. 

Kuva liches and sisters of parvos are another thing to look into and have a lot of replayability. Though they can be a bit grindy and you will need railjack to finish them off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Any suggestions would be helpful.

well, things I've personally been doing since I started playing again (though my break was WAAAY shorter)

- Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos: these "nemesis" enemies, once created by you, wield powerful weapons and sometimes unique cosmetics called Ephemeras which you can claim by taking them down. the process is also shorter than it used to be but it does still take some degree of effort to hunt them and learn which combination of requiem mods you need to kill them. they will steal some of your mission rewards and credits but you get it all back once they are either vanquished or converted: converting them makes them an ally, while vanquishing them kills them permanently but gives you their weapon. some of these weapons are pretty damn good too.

- Arbitrations: basically level 60+ endless missions where small black drones make other enemies invincible and immune to powers until the drones are killed, and if you go down, the team has to work hard to revive you. each time you do so many rotations or kill a drone you can get Vitus essence, which can be spent on a few nice goodies at the Arbiters of Hexis shop. they recently added Galvanized mods, which greatly increase the scaling ability of guns and makes them more viable than before.

- Railjack: I know you said you don't like it, but I'd recommend at least trying it again as much has changed. you can now rank up the new Command Intrinsic that lets you recruit AI crewmates to help you on the missions, and they can really help make Railjack missions be more doable solo. railjack is also tied to Liches/sisters now but you can usually find a random squad, and you get to see and help them kill their liches/sisters as well. Railjacks now have a "plexus" which is basically the same as the modding system for everything else, complete with Aura mods, and anything you picked up will have been converted to this system so you might have a load of mods you can use straight away to upgrade your Railjack. even junk parts of the same type stack up instead of taking up individual slots, which is nice. there's been a lot of QoL changes and Railjack is much better now than it was before.

- I would also recommend at least trying the Deimos open world. granted the gameplay formula is a lot like the other open worlds, but the token system means you can keep getting standing after you reach your cap, ready for the next day. also you can get Necramechs, which are powerful and awesome killer robots, and Vulpaphylas, an immortal companion type that is hands down the best companion in the game. there's also some neat weapons and infested kitguns to get as well, and you can even learn a bit more about some of the lore regarding the discovery of the Void and the Man in The Wall. Deimos is also where the derelicts are located now.

so yeah, you've got a fair bit to catch up on, but don't burn yourself out, just go after the stuff that looks interesting to you first, and see how you feel about any further grinds afterwards.

• Like 1

It's the same as before. You missed six big systems:

- Kuva Liches(then sisters of parvos). It's a twist on the basic starchart gameflow that rewards ephemera skins and above the curve weapons with one customised elemental damage bonus.

- Railjack, it is easy getting back into RJ, just open void keys where you can to get enough intrinsics to unlock the next rj planet and so on. You don't have to gear your rj, it has changed a lot over time, right now it is more of a fery than anything in current content

- Necramechs, the voirig has the highest damage output in the game, it's more or less fluff if you have farmed arcanes when eidolons was meta, the second necramech is imho no future. Necramech content can be skippable and I try avoiding it

- Steelpath: basically you trade confort and clearspeed for enemy density and loot buff and kill acolytes every 5mn(in endless) and around 4mn in normal missions that drop valuable weapon arcanes and a +- kuva source

- helminth abilities and invigoration: it is a huge deal and it is gated behind the thrid open world rep

- arbitrations: you can run it one each cycle. It provides you a currency that is used to buy things that have platinum trade values and on top of it certain mod and arcane rewards are pretty expensive as well. Depending on the arbitration type, it can easily be the most platinum/hour system in the game if done right, but it can also be failed

The third open world grind is not long if you follow a guide and is a good endo source, there are arcanes there but these are not meta. The bounties and ruins are imho garbage tier however.

Then there are the new frames, long story short if you missed Barruk and Wisp those are the bigger deals but it's personnal preferences. Most frames in the game have fun builds and newer frame have things for them, Xaku can be pretty strong with few formas for example. (and I believe is god tier if you get a status immunity invigoration)

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1