Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it ok to use AutoHotKey to swap keys?

Teshin.Jr

Question

I heard people getting ban for using autohotkey, but those people used to auto farm resources, i just want to use it to hack lures, systems faster, and the Y key is to far, also you cannot remap on warframe settings, which sucks. this is the script that allow you to switch keys

c::y
y::c

now if this can get me banned can you recommend another way to switch keys?  in a safe way? i tried using keytweak but that only changes the letter nothing more.

3 answers to this question

Zitat

[...]

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

While we could technically issue blanket bans on everything that alters the game files, the fact of the matter is that there's some software that can be useful and helpful for members of our community. This is where context is very important. The difficulty here is that it's incredibly hard for players to prove that they are not using a program nefariously, and while it is certainly possible that there are false positives (which a ticket to support can resolve), the ban will remain in place until your ticket can be processed.
[...]

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

- https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1105960-third-party-software-and-you-a-psa/

It's your own risk!

This most likely won't be an issue, but it might happen that you get caught by some sort of anti-cheat.
Then it's up to the support and your cooperation to solve this issue.

But you can also create a feedback post and ask if they can make the cipher key rebindable.

28 minutes ago, Teshin.Jr said:

I heard people getting ban for using autohotkey, but those people used to auto farm resources, i just want to use it to hack lures, systems faster, and the Y key is to far, also you cannot remap on warframe settings, which sucks. this is the script that allow you to switch keys

c::y
y::c

now if this can get me banned can you recommend another way to switch keys?  in a safe way? i tried using keytweak but that only changes the letter nothing more.

Yes this is fine.

DE has stated, that macros are acceptable, so long as they do not play the game for you

as simple key remapping is not an Autopilot, it still requires human Interaction; so it is allowed.

The 'use at own risk' statement is blanket C.Y.A. legalese, so DE can cover any and all 3rd party hacks that show up in the future. but DE staff have publicly made their stance on simple macros clear.

For games that can lock keys to certain keys, I have in the past used ATNSoft Key Manager 

I've had a couple of games over the years that would let you remap your keys but when it came to some cut cinematics it would prompt you to press such and such key which was different to what the game let me remap, the above program fixed it, so instead pressing say 'F' to dismount I could make the game think I was pressing 'F' instead I was pushing a totally different key.

Archived