Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Nyx Nerf Update 30.5.5 (Armour Strip)

Bobberan

Not sure if anyone had noticed or if I just haven't been able to find it inside of the patch notes for the last patch/hotfix but it seems recently Nyx lost the ability to strip Lich/Sister armour with her 2 ability, was this intended and not inside the patch notes or is this one of those 'hidden nerfs'?

Just wondering if it was included or not and from skimming over it seems Nyx/Armour stripping wasnt really mentioned.

bad nerf, this is a single target skill this nerf makes the frame more inconsistently. the skill description say the function but the effect doesn't work globally.

I am thinking about the helminth khora skill and the target control. a lot of skills need work the same way, atlas petrify, mag pull, nidus larva... why this skills dont work in acolites like khora skill? when this skill be popular goes be nerfed?

anyone know.

5 minutes ago, Famecans said:

bad nerf, this is a single target skill this nerf makes the frame more inconsistently. the skill description say the function but the effect doesn't work globally.

I am thinking about the helminth khora skill and the target control. a lot of skills need work the same way, atlas petrify, mag pull, nidus larva... why this skills dont work in acolites like khora skill? when this skill be popular goes be nerfed?

anyone know.

CC effects on some enemies have inconsistent results.  DE could do a better job standardizing this, or streamlining it in some way so it's more obvious to players when an effect will work and when it won't (or when it will be reduced in effectiveness).

13 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:
16 hours ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

I don't think so, I've been removing armor from Sisters just fine with my Oberon (2 casts, 50% armor strip each). 

Yeah, Nyx is still removing every bit of Sister shield and armor for me, so Iunno.

this skill can remove damage reduction on enemy, probably armor removal still works, but damage reduction removal is disabled for sisters, damage reduction is extremely more superior that armor.

I haven't tested this and I don't even want to waste my time testing it.

the enemy should defend against the skill using visible defensive abilities like magnetism or radiation but the DE prefers to put tricks in the dark so the new player needs to go to wiki.com and get frustrated with an arbitrary description.

...yeah, we have the nulli arcane that can correct that suggestion... so you just need to increase the enemy's intelligence: the tenno who denies magnetic damage gets another radioactive damage attack with increased duration...

20 hours ago, Famecans said:

this skill can remove damage reduction on enemy, probably armor removal still works, but damage reduction removal is disabled for sisters, damage reduction is extremely more superior that armor.

Yeah, the damage reduction seems to still be on the Sisters, but this topic is about armor removal specifically, and that has at least not been changed for me. To my knowledge, she's never been able to remove the Sisters' damage reduction, so no change there either.

22 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:
  On 2021-08-07 at 2:32 PM, Famecans said:

Yeah, the damage reduction seems to still be on the Sisters, but this topic is about armor removal specifically, and that has at least not been changed for me. To my knowledge, she's never been able to remove the Sisters' damage reduction, so no change there either.

I just got this image from the wiki and remembered a youtuber recommending Nyx to easily kill the enemy that drops the granum crown, removing its damage reduction at high levels.
it's not my main frame and I've never used it for that but looking at this skill now, for single target debuff Nyx is a much more effective full warframe than Ash as it's not just removing armor it also removes auras and turns the enemy into 100% unprotected meat.

https://i.imgur.com/RNfmDvk.png

as I mentioned earlier I think the topic owner misspelled the title, he should have described the nerf in removing damage reduction.

I haven't tested this myself since my very first Corpus Lich where the armor/shield removal worked as expected.

To my knowledge, Psychic Bolts have never removed damage attenuation. The wiki also pretty clearly states, that either a) armor and shields, b) Ancient's auras or c) Eximus' auras are removed.

A fairly common issue with the ability is it not working reliably as client. You sometimes have to spam it a couple of times to see the effect. This killed Nyx for me in squad play, unless I'm hosting.

7 hours ago, Famecans said:

I just got this image from the wiki and remembered a youtuber recommending Nyx to easily kill the enemy that drops the granum crown, removing its damage reduction at high levels.

According to the wiki, some of the Treasurer's sturdiness is from health damage reduction, but most is from its shield damage reduction and lack of shield bypass.

I don't play Nyx, so I don't know, but it seems plausible she owns Treasurers just by virtue of instant shield removal alone.

51 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't play Nyx, so I don't know, but it seems plausible she owns Treasurers just by virtue of instant shield removal alone.

This is correct. Nyx does not remove innate damage reduction that Sisters, Treasurers etc. have applied to them. Treasurers have a giant shield HP so Nyx makes them much easier by removing this. They still reduce damage consistently but their HP pool is relatively small compared to their shields.

I should've been a bit more specific in what I put in the description/body of the thread but the "Shield Removal" still works perfectly fine on Sisters/Liches, its mainly the "Armour Removal" that I was noticing no longer working and the damage resistance that came from said armour.
Really odd especially seeing as it was deliberately left out of the patch notes.

Archived