Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did people like about raids?

NecroPed

Opinions differ you hated it I loved it.. you want to know what people liked about Raids, but dont say why you hated them.. I liked them because I did them with my clan mates and we always laughed our asses off with the bugs and mistakes we made.. its was fun thats why I liked Raids.. as for the rewards we liked the rare crates ;)  but really for us we had a ball and really enjoyed the team play.. but as always it's each to their own .

12 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Opinions differ you hated it I loved it.. you want to know what people liked about Raids, but dont say why you hated them.. I liked them because I did them with my clan mates and we always laughed our asses off with the bugs and mistakes we made.. its was fun thats why I liked Raids.. as for the rewards we liked the rare crates ;)  but really for us we had a ball and really enjoyed the team play.. but as always it's each to their own .

I found it boring and incredibly tedious. I didn't find it particularly challenging in terms of core gameplay. There were large portions of the raid which just frustrated me if someone made a mistake(im okay for people making mistakes but a mode that punishes so heavily for a mistake by any one person is often frustrating). There were parts of the raid which I felt halted the flow of gameplay drastically. I don't have any fond memories of the raids. 

I personally just never felt like the raid (was it called trials?) was based enough around the core gameplay of Warframe. I thought it was jarring. It wasn't a game of skill, it was a game of listen to the guy who knows how to do it and follow their guidelines or they'll get pissed off. It felt like a list of chores, not a gamemode.

Though I'm not sure I got to try the jordas one before it was removed.

I'm honestly not seeing any reasons as to what made it fun other than things that shouldn't (like the bugs). What made the gameplay of the raid fun for you?

24 minutes ago, MonkeyRise said:

It was very fun to play raids with friends,laught at our mistakes\success.

We usualy did raids with most pathetic comps possible to challenge our self,and it was very enjoyable!

I never felt joy like this anymore in this game... 😌

Did you enjoy the core gameplay of the raid? Or just screwing around in it with friends? 

1 minute ago, NecroPed said:

I found it boring and incredibly tedious. I didn't find it particularly challenging in terms of core gameplay. There were large portions of the raid which just frustrated me if someone made a mistake(im okay for people making mistakes but a mode that punishes so heavily for a mistake by any one person is often frustrating). There were parts of the raid which I felt halted the flow of gameplay drastically. I don't have any fond memories of the raids. 

I personally just never felt like the raid (was it called trials?) was based enough around the core gameplay of Warframe. I thought it was jarring. It wasn't a game of skill, it was a game of listen to the guy who knows how to do it and follow their guidelines or they'll get pissed off. It felt like a list of chores, not a gamemode.

Though I'm not sure I got to try the jordas one before it was removed.

I'm honestly not seeing any reasons as to what made it fun other than things that shouldn't (like the bugs). What made the gameplay of the raid fun for you?

You didn't have good clan mates to do them with, that's why.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You didn't have good clan mates to do them with, that's why.

That's absurd. Even playing with competent people who had done the raids on many occasions I still have the exact same reasoning for hating the raids. Didn't matter how good the team was, I hated raids. For several reasons. Not having clan mates to do them with was NOT the issue AT ALL. 

5 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

That's absurd. Even playing with competent people who had done the raids on many occasions I still have the exact same reasoning for hating the raids. Didn't matter how good the team was, I hated raids. For several reasons. Not having clan mates to do them with was NOT the issue AT ALL. 

You literally said before that "it was a game of listening to the guy who knew how to do it". It's not absurd it's a fact. I also meant that we played for fun not being serious. We always completed them regardless but we did them in silly ways because we enjoyed it, a game mode where teamwork was actually required for once, a daily meeting on vc talking S#&$ with clan mates for a few hours.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You literally said before that "it was a game of listening to the guy who knew how to do it". It's not absurd it's a fact.

Raids are terrible content. Even in destiny where i did have enough friends for raids its over punishing and can alienate friendships if someone is a slower learner than the rest of the group. When everyone knows how to do the raids  it just becomes droll and mundane, as stated earlier its just a list of chores to receive some loot MAYBE. The content itself is the issue as to why the content is fun with friends or not, not having friends with a good attitude about it compounds all the issues.

AND theres always that loser that thinks getting high or drinking makes the content more fun. When theyre the only ones having fun because theyre too incapacitated by bad decisions to be part of the team and think its fun to drag everyone else through their S#&$.

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

Raids are terrible content. Even in destiny where i did have enough friends for raids its over punishing and can alienate friendships if someone is a slower learner than the rest of the group. When everyone knows how to do the raids  it just becomes droll and mundane, as stated earlier its just a list of chores to receive some loot MAYBE. The content itself is the issue as to why the content is fun with friends or not, not having friends with a good attitude about it compounds all the issues.

That is a matter of opinion. Plenty of good players enjoy them. Raids are by design not supposed to appeal to average players, in most games they are aimed towards being content for the higher level players, that's not a bad thing.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That is a matter of opinion. Plenty of good players enjoy them. Raids are by design not supposed to appeal to average players, in most games they are aimed towards being content for the higher level players, that's not a bad thing.

"average players" are working adults who dont have 12 hours to sit and learn a raid as it drops. "average players" are playing the game with the time they have. Working adults and "average players" are skilled higher leveled players too, its not mutually exclusive. There is no raid mechanic designed for players. Skill is never part of the equation. Raids take way too long for any potential rewards to be worthwhile. S#&$ happens, and when it does you've now wasted everyones time.

Time is the only true non-renewable energy source humans have. To be wasted in something as trivial as a raid... no words.

6 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

average players" are working adults who dont have 12 hours to sit and learn a raid as it drops. "average players" are playing the game with the time they have. Working adults and "average players" are skilled higher leveled players too, its not mutually exclusive. There is no raid mechanic designed for players. Skill is never part of the equation. Raids take way too long for any potential rewards to be worthwhile.

12 hours? Nah man not even close more like 2-4 hours. 12 hours is an exaggeration by someone who’s never done raids or didn’t have the ability to learn.  The “raid bus” was a thing of beauty. But wasn’t well known. My clan and myself help many of the average player do trials thanks to the raid bus. IMO was a good place to learn if you could be taught. But that’s all gone now. Shame. 

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

"average players" are working adults who dont have 12 hours to sit and learn a raid as it drops. "average players" are playing the game with the time they have. Working adults and "average players" are skilled higher leveled players too, its not mutually exclusive. There is no raid mechanic designed for players. Skill is never part of the equation. Raids take way too long for any potential rewards to be worthwhile. S#&$ happens, and when it does you've now wasted everyones time.

Time is the only true non-renewable energy source humans have. To be wasted in something as trivial as a raid... no words.

Not much of that made any sense. If you have less time to play that means your gear won't be as good, I'm not talking just Warframe here. In general Raids in games are designed for more dedicated players who have more time to play, grind, practice etc. It's also silly to expect that Raids should appeal to everyone, if you don't enjoy them then don't play them, problen solved. But allow the ones who do enjoy them,  to continue playing them ans having fun.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You literally said before that "it was a game of listening to the guy who knew how to do it". It's not absurd it's a fact. I also meant that we played for fun not being serious. We always completed them regardless but we did them in silly ways because we enjoyed it, a game mode where teamwork was actually required for once, a daily meeting on vc talking S#&$ with clan mates for a few hours.

Yeah, ONE OF MY REASAONS for not liking raids was that it was OFTEN a game of listening to the guy who knew how to do it regardless of if I knew how to do it or not. It was frustrating as hell having my entire time playing a game mode dictated by someone else (IF they even let me in their squad knowing I hadn't completed a raid yet). It didn't matter who knew how to do what, I was always being told what to do. I wanted to just PLAY it, and apparently I wasn't allowed to even learn as I play because OTHER PEOPLE wanted to dictate my gameplay. For the longest time I couldn't play raids because no one would accept me in their squad because I hadn't played raids. 

As far as I'm concerned needing 'good clan mates' is awful justification behind a game mode anyway. (Leaderboards are a different story)

I hated them... not because of the raid itself, but external factors...

Impossible to get a good host that could keep a good ping for everyone. Not forgiving about mistakes... one wrong move could end the mission :(

Also during that time I was in one of the worst clans in the game... the leader had a dumb rule that everyone was forced to give the arcanes to him, to place them on some sort of 'guild bank'...

3 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Yeah, ONE OF MY REASAONS for not liking raids was that it was OFTEN a game of listening to the guy who knew how to do it regardless of if I knew how to do it or not. It was frustrating as hell having my entire time playing a game mode dictated by someone else (IF they even let me in their squad knowing I hadn't completed a raid yet). It didn't matter who knew how to do what, I was always being told what to do. I wanted to just PLAY it, and apparently I wasn't allowed to even learn as I play because OTHER PEOPLE wanted to dictate my gameplay. For the longest time I couldn't play raids because no one would accept me in their squad because I hadn't played raids. 

As far as I'm concerned needing 'good clan mates' is awful justification behind a game mode anyway. (Leaderboards are a different story)

Then they weren’t for you. The rewards were only arcanes and credits. 

I hated that stupid battery thing. I don't know how that was fun in any way. There were too many aspects to it that just weren't intuitive. 

Matchmaking was horrible too. It could take almost 10 minute trying to find a group of meta slaves, only for the host to quit because he didn't like the final squad.

Raids had it's moments, but I'm glad it's gone. There are things DE could've done to salvage it, but I think they just decided to move on to different content. 

I do wonder how current Warframes and gear would fare in those old raids though. Trinity was a necessity back then, and CC was king. Could probably solo old raids with the stuff we have now. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Then they weren’t for you. The rewards were only arcanes and credits. 

Rewards weren't why I wanted to even do them. I wanted a challenging and intuitive game mode that revolved around the core gameplay of Warframe. Yeah, maybe as Raids were they weren't for me. Because they weren't intuitive. They weren't very well revolved around the core gameplay of Warframe. It did not really put my gear or my skills to the test. It only really tested my patience with standing on a circle while not killing enemies and that's about it. It felt so detached from Warframe and it just irked me that 'the end game content' was in my opinion so out of place in Warframe. 

I’m not gonna defend them, they had there problems and were a massive CC gear check for sure. But those 3 trails were more than just standing on a circle. There was at least some coordination and communication involved. Much different that what we have currently, where communication doesn’t exist outside of “camp where”. 

6 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Rewards weren't why I wanted to even do them. I wanted a challenging and intuitive game mode that revolved around the core gameplay of Warframe. Yeah, maybe as Raids were they weren't for me. Because they weren't intuitive. They weren't very well revolved around the core gameplay of Warframe. It did not really put my gear or my skills to the test. It only really tested my patience with standing on a circle while not killing enemies and that's about it. It felt so detached from Warframe and it just irked me that 'the end game content' was in my opinion so out of place in Warframe. 

Ughh..I hated the "stop killing enemies!" Thing about raids. It was really boring if your weren't one of the designated meta frames. 

I always wondered why they didn't implement more reasons for us to kill in raids. Half of it was about avoiding the enemies. Weird.

Archived