Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashes and black screens AMD [SOLVED 2021]

Pitchers

After spending almost 2 years with these problems that playing with AMD, the screen went black, lost the HDMI signal, the game crashed, or had to force a manual shutdown to be able to restart. I finally discovered the AMD graphics problem with Warframe and other modern games. Whatever AMd graph you have, basically the same thing happens, and the solution is practically simple. without having to make power adjustments, overclock or anything like that.

It seems that simply the new drivers called "Adrenalin" from AMD, create a strange incompatibility bug forcing the graphics to disconnect when it detects some strange change while playing.

The solution is to simply uninstall the current drivers for the GPU or Graphics Card using the DDU, and install the "Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.6.3" version. In this way we get rid of these obnoxious problems and headaches. We continue to have access to overclocking options, overlays, and more. Only the interface changes.

I'll leave the links to the official 32-bit and 64-bit versions, for faster access and to the DDU.

I hope that with this you will also solve that horrible bug that AMd still does not know how to solve, and you can continue to enjoy the game.

Att Pitchers :) 

AMD GPU DRIVERS:

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.6.3 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.6.3 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit

DDU

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.2 Released

10 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I've been using full AMD desktops for nearly a decade and I don't have your issues with warframe at all

I'm on AMD 5600x CPU and 6900 XT GPU.
Currently running 21.6.1 version of Adrenalin and the drivers it sets.

No issues here at all with Warframe.

I've been looking at another method for weird black pantallqzos and I think it will never happen to me again. The thing is to create a manual profile, activate the fan frequency option, then put the base frequency in the last vertical. then deactivate it and lower the graphic power to -10. With this we avoid that the graph exceeds its limit, and also the temperatures are lower. Thus avoiding graphical problems in any game.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-08-08 at 8:48 PM, Pitchers said:

I've been looking at another method for weird black pantallqzos and I think it will never happen to me again. The thing is to create a manual profile, activate the fan frequency option, then put the base frequency in the last vertical. then deactivate it and lower the graphic power to -10. With this we avoid that the graph exceeds its limit, and also the temperatures are lower. Thus avoiding graphical problems in any game.

sorry for the necro post but I don't get how to do this. I have like no idea what you are talking about and if someone could tell me exactly what to do, that would be great. I hate randomly freezing then crashing. I lost so much progress due to this

17 minutes ago, TacoLauncher said:

sorry for the necro post but I don't get how to do this. I have like no idea what you are talking about and if someone could tell me exactly what to do, that would be great. I hate randomly freezing then crashing. I lost so much progress due to this

Im not 100% sure but isnt he talking about fan speed? Where you how fans behave in AMD software?
But better wait for some AMD user to clarify that

9 minutes ago, TacoLauncher said:

I'm a Nvidia user, but I'm good at searching support websites. You want to open the AMD control panel. The screen should look similar to this:

DH2-020-02.png

You can create a separate profile using the "Add Game Profile +" button in the upper-right corner.

I don't totally understand Pitchers' post but I think it means have the Power Consumption set to low. @Pitchers can you verify this is what you meant? (There were last online a month ago).

I got this picture from the official AMD support website. They have a lot of step-by-step instructions for tweaking specific settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived