Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the deal with Hounds? Companion Weapons?

Oreades

So finally sat down today to liquidate my small stockpile of Hounds because I want to collect some of the mods I don't currently have. 

Starting out I had exactly room for one companion in my pool as I was able to remove a hound from my Foundry. So that means removing one from the foundry and then juggling through menus to delete them from my inventory because outside of the mods and possibly weapons they are useless to me. 

I delete the first one and it's dupe weapon fine. I pull out the second one which has a new weapon, it is deleted and the weapon is retained. I go to pull out the third Hound and am told that I will need to plat up because I currently do not have any space for companions.... So I can only assume that the game is counting the companion weapon against my companion pool? 

Are you actually counting the companion weapons against players?

I mean I'm already kinda irritated that I have to virtually blind pull these things because other than the head you don't know what the components where. So there is no telling what mods they actually have. But to also be told that I can't pull out a COMPANION because ostensibly the WEAPON is taking up a COMPANION slot?

5 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Companion weapons have taken up companion slots since forever. I forget which update, but it's been years.

And if they hadn't forced a system that required me to micromanage this, I probably never would have noticed. 

That bit aside, it's bunk that Weapons are eating Companion slots. 

..... Now thinking on that, that means that all of these years we've been getting a song and dance about how Sentinels (Two slots) can't be revived by players mid mission so when they die you're just hecced. While Companions (One slot) down you get a lengthy grace period to correct that?

So for years we've been getting convoluted Band-Aids for sentinels that are twice as expensive to retain. 

Think I'm going to go not Warframe for the rest of the day....

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

..... Now thinking on that, that means that all of these years we've been getting a song and dance about how Sentinels (Two slots) can't be revived by players mid mission so when they die you're just hecced. While Companions (One slot) down you get a lengthy grace period to correct that?

There's a mod for sentinels that allows them to auto-revive a few times, which companions have not had until Vulpaphylas were added.

2 hours ago, AkHannar said:

There's a mod for sentinels that allows them to auto-revive a few times, which companions have not had until Vulpaphylas were added.

The issue here is that companions enter bleedout whereas sentinels just die. Companions dying feels more like player error rather than system unbalance.

Archived