Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Choice Nightwave

LillyRaccune

lsZ9Ccr.jpg

"Listen up, Dreamers...

As Nora wipes the sleep from her eyes, she thinks the time has arrived. The time for the big, bad Wolf of Saturn Six to return to the boys and girls of the Origin system. We will awaken to the nightmare of the Wolf's howling as he comes to give gifts of beatdowns and to bless those standing up straight with the taste of dirt in their mouths.

That Wolf has drawn his strength from the gases six leagues deep within Saturn, he will be stronger than ever."

I want the Wolf to be added to the start chart and I want him to be returned to his original super-tanky-bullet-spongy self the star char in any form. If DE wants to stick it behind Steel Path or Railjack, I can live with that.

Now it's time for speculation: what will Nora's Choice contain as regard content? Will it be text based lore and activities like we have for Sorties? Will it be a new series of Nightwave Intermission with a different wrapper? Or something else?

What DE revealed so far:

Nightwave: Nora’s Choice. This brings back some of Nora’s favourite Rewards but also introduces the new exclusive Yareli in Action Glyph and the Waveform Ephemera for the first time. You can tune into Nora’s Choice beginning on August 4th at 2 pm ET.

In the "End of Nightwave Intermission 3" post, DE mentioned Duplicate Protection and focusing on The New War. So keep that in mind.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

I want the Wolf to be added to the start chart and I want him to be returned to his original super-tanky-bullet-spongy self

Bullet-sponges aren't fun to fight against, it's not harder, it's not a challenge or anything, it just takes forever to kill them

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Probably just going to be a longer intermission bring some stuff from old nightwaves something to keep nightwave there because they don't have time to make a story for it when they're focusing on the New War

I heard that as well from a stream I think.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PSN)ErydisTheLucario:

Bullet sponge wolf again? Naw, Too many people complained how tanky he was, and that rage ended up riddling  the thr forums. Good riddance Wolf, you hardly had anything worthwhile. 

Wolf was never a problem himself, but taking him down could take forever with his status immunity. The real pain were his 3 followers who were throwing deadly grenades during the fight while being invulnerable as long as Wolf lived.

Pretty sure the only difference between Choice and another Intermission is using the new name to try and justify a longer run time. Since rerunning rewards is half the point of Intermission in the first place. And with New War on the horizon I can't see them having any new story/mechanic additions ready for NW.

Also I think Wolf should be reworked into a RJ assassination mission since his prison used to be a set piece in Saturn Proxima. Though the hyper bullet sponge version of him wasn't any fun to actually fight it would be far more acceptable as a stand alone mission than a random spawn which is really what made him so awful.

11 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Wolf was never a problem himself, but taking him down could take forever with his status immunity. The real pain were his 3 followers who were throwing deadly grenades during the fight while being invulnerable as long as Wolf lived.

You talk about him in the past tense. 

Remember, you never know when a random Tenno might just pop open a wolf beacon during a SP alert... 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

So 2 new things and hundreds of ranks of old stuff. Great! xD

I have a feeling that is going to be Nightwave for the forseeable future lol. 

After wasting who knows how much time on that super long Glassmaker Story they couldn't finish in a reasonable amount of time, I think they realized their mistake. Trying to make stories for Nightwave cannibalizes way too much development time. 

Nora's choice is this:

Spoiler

does she take an early lunch with Konzu, or pour herself a drink? what an intense, unfathomably high-stakes decision! Sophie's Choice has nothing on this!

but for real, as long as there's something new to work towards, which there will be, I'll be willing to participate. if nothing else at least it'll mean I can stock up on Catalysts again, damn Tenet weapons cleaned me out lol.

Alert is still the better alternative and I think DE realized it too because of the increased development cost dumped on NW for some essentially free giveaways to players. Now they can't revert the change so they have no DE's choice but to shove in few ephemeras and decorations and call it a new episode.

30 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

What about insanely aggressive bullet sponge that chase you down like Tom & Jerry with abilities to close distance like super jump and such?

The insanely aggressive part would be the interesting aspect, not the 'bullet sponge' part. The amount of times you hit something isn't fun. It's how you hit it, and how you make sure it doesn't hit you. All the number of times you hit something changes is how long you experience that process for.

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Remember, you never know when a random Tenno might just pop open a wolf beacon during a SP alert... 

I am one of those Tenno. It's funny how oftenly all of the squad members leave instantly when I drop this beacon in a Steel Path alert. Got one and two angry DMs after I did that.

If they want to brint The Wolf back. His status immunity needs to go.

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Then you just learn to git gud and deal with a stronger enemy, or fail.

It's not the end of the world dude. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And in a game as imbalanced and player-favoured as Warframe, it's nice to be reminded that it's theoretically possible to fail a mission.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Then you just learn to git gud and deal with a stronger enemy, or fail.

It's not the end of the world dude. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And in a game as imbalanced and player-favoured as Warframe, it's nice to be reminded that it's theoretically possible to fail a mission.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about it. 

I think its funny AF when it happens. I roll over laughing. 

30 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's funny how oftenly all of the squad members leave instantly when I drop this beacon in a Steel Path alert.

Somebody once dropped one in an Augmented Armor Sortie Defense mission on me.

I just turned the game off and stopped playing for a week.

If DE brings back that sponge I expect I will be skipping most of this Nightwave too.

8 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hey that's my trick, I own the copyrght! I had to find something good to spend my Nightwave credits on...

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sounds like the sorta thing that would be a great way to end a 1 hr Mot endurance farm on Steel Path.

On an unrelated note, anyone keen for a Steel Path endurance farm deep in the void. Somewhere like Mot ??????

Archived