Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some good ways to use Dizzying Rounds?

Redfeather75

I started playing with this mod and now I got to find a melee weapon to use it with. So far I just know of the sword Skiajati. Anyone know of special melee weapons that are interesting effects to use alongside Dizzying Rounds?

edit: Found a new one. If the Dizzying Rounds Bronco is modded to apply radiation then the Rakta Daggers can grant me overshields during the finisher.

29 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I started playing with this mod and now I got to find a melee weapon to use it with. So far I just know of the sword Skiajati. Anyone know of special melee weapons that are interesting to use?

Maybe with Mark for Death (as someone noted in comments) with high crit/damage melee? However it were slow, not sure about range.

39 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I started playing with this mod and now I got to find a melee weapon to use it with. So far I just know of the sword Skiajati. Anyone know of special melee weapons that are interesting to use?

Rapiers are neat, since they have good finisher multipliers and a free bleed proc.  There aren't many things that will survive a semi-decently built finisher weapon, but the bleed pushes the envelope further on targets like Noxes.

Dizzying Rounds used to make Demolishers vulnerable to finishers-- which was hilarious--but I think that's all been fixed.

I specifically use that mod to unlock the riven challenge "perform ## finishers".  Without having to bother to be invisible and perform slower back stealth kills, I can perform quicker front finishers to clear that challenge a lot faster using any frame.

Note that for most weapons, their front & back finisher multiplier damages are the same, but some back finishers have higher multipliers and nikanas are the only ones with higher front finisher multiplier. Wiki page

9 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Note that for most weapons, their front & back finisher multiplier damages are the same, but some back finishers have higher multipliers and nikanas are the only ones with higher front finisher multiplier. Wiki page

Oh wow, I either forgot about this or did not know about it to begin with. This might change how I approach finishers when I Desiccate enemies and turn them into sandfriends

There's a few arcanes that grant on-finisher effects aren't there? 

EDIT:

unknown.png

unknown.png

15% chance is pretty garbage for invis, but that +1200 armor seems really good and has a long duration.

I completely forgot about ratka dark dagger's effects, I should pull that out again sometime.

There's no good way to use Dizzying Rounds because you don't get the stealth multiplier when you use it. You're better off doing finishers properly and getting your stealth multiplier... the way you can max your rank 0 melee weapon in a single 10 minute mission. You can't do the same with Dizzying Rounds.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

I saw Dizzying Rounds and immediately dumped 6 forma onto a Bronco Prime. Paired that up with a Covert Lethality Rakta dark dagger and now my Ivara can backstab all day long.

It is a very interesting combo. I wish I could favourite weapons because I want to use this combo in infested mission on my hildryn,

On 2021-08-02 at 6:30 AM, Redfeather75 said:

I started playing with this mod and now I got to find a melee weapon to use it with. So far I just know of the sword Skiajati. Anyone know of special melee weapons that are interesting effects to use alongside Dizzying Rounds?

edit: Found a new one. If the Dizzying Rounds Bronco is modded to apply radiation then the Rakta Daggers can grant me overshields during the finisher.

If you like the Rakta dark dagger, you can get much more mileage out of it with Loki and radiating disarm.

I used to run an ensnare Nyx with Dizzying Rounds on Bronco for SP disruption. Was easy demo one shots with ensnare > psychic bolt > prime with bronco > finisher. 

I have not been keeping up on patch notes for quite a while and DE might have fixed it so you can't open demo to finisher.

37 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

It is a very interesting combo. I wish I could favourite weapons because I want to use this combo in infested mission on my hildryn,

Galvanized Diffusion, Hemorrhage, Lethal Torrent, Ice Storm, Pistol Pestilence, Scorch, Dizzying Rounds, Stunning Speed, Suppress in Exilis, Secondary Dexterity Arcane.

For you, run what ever suits your needs in the exlius slot. Most things will work there. It's that simple.

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I used to run an ensnare Nyx with Dizzying Rounds on Bronco for SP disruption. Was easy demo one shots with ensnare > psychic bolt > prime with bronco > finisher. 

I have not been keeping up on patch notes for quite a while and DE might have fixed it so you can't open demo to finisher.

Sorry for the double post/spamming but that's brilliant.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Sorry for the double post/spamming but that's brilliant.

If you timed it right it worked really well into stupid high lvls too. You have just enough time to one shot if you start your rotation right after demo does their nullifying pulse. 

People still think Nyx sucks but she is one of the easiest frames to play vs. stupid high lvl enemies if you play her right.  

Archived