Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honest Question ???

(PSN)Pragmatic_2015

Just now, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Reason for doing so is because of the Celestya Syandanas and a few skins and maybe a mod or 2.

I hope you have many other reasons than the Syandana. It is incredibly disappointing - the tails require you to do conclave challenges to light up.

The best way to access conclave is to have friends that want to do it. Failing that you can probably find a discord server or similar for it.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

If I wanted to access the Conclave, what would be the best way to go about it ????????

Reason for doing so is because of the Celestya Syandanas and a few skins and maybe a mod or 2.

Also I tried joining the server but the join command wouldn't go thru.

Kind regards, Prag

The best method is:

First set your ping limit to maximum. Otherwise, you will get put in empty lobbies even though there are open ones. Ping is not a big problem in Conclave because hit detection is client-side (some of the best players in the North America servers are actually in Australia!). 

Next, join public matches around / a little after the daily reset. This is when activity is usually the highest. Even if you join a North American dedicated server and there is nobody else there, it typically only takes a couple of minutes for somebody else to join. [Note: this is not true if there has recently been a major PvE update, since Conclave players also enjoy PvE and want the new PvE stuff too! Usually the Conclave players come back around a week after big updates.]

When playing, add everybody you meet to your friend list. Then, in the future you can see if Conclave matches are going by opening your communication window even before trying to join one. You'll also notice that DE has some weird systems that force people into empty servers even when there are open ones within the ping limit, so using public matchmaking can be problematic. After a while, you'll join Conclave matches pretty much through the friend list only, never by public matchmaking! You'll also make real friends by doing this, and can share strategies to improve. [The best way is to chat with people around your own skill level and play with them, improving together is a really fun and enjoyable experience! People better than you can give good advice, but typically you won't improve much by punishing yourself playing against them.]

You know how successful PvP games have skill-based Matchmaking? DE's answer to this is called "Recruit Conditioning". This means that while you are rank 2 or below in the Teshin Conclave Syndicate you will not be placed in matches with any player who is at rank 3 or above. Of course, this is a terrible way to emulate the skill-based matchmaking of other games, and results in "smurfs" (i.e.: players who keep their rank low to farm new players and boast about their 7:1 k/d ratio). Since recruit conditioning further splits the available servers, you may want to experiment and try with it enabled and disabled to see if you can find a match. My personal experience when new to Conclave was that my difficulty was pretty even between the two, but that may have changed with time.

Joining the Conclave discord is a good idea, they have special channels called something like "LFG_Newplayers" or something similar (I forget). It's also generally a good place to try to make friends around your skill level to play with. Again, I want to reiterate that Conclave is always the most fun when you play with others around your skill level. You don't improve when you farm somebody worse than you, and you also barely improve when getting stomped by somebody much better than you. 

EDIT: Once people get to know you, you'll probably also get invited to other discord servers that are far more selective than the standard Conclave discord. This is also great for making friends and finding matches with people you enjoy playing with. Note: if you abuse obvious exploits or act toxic, you probably won't make friends like this.

There are also mods that you earn through Conclave matches and by purchasing from Teshin. These can be helpful for modifying your playstyle and improving outcomes in certain situations, but generally an unmodded player with higher skill will perform better than a modded player with lower skill. So, I wouldn't worry too much about the mods when you're just starting out!

Above all, just have fun! If you're in a Conclave match and not enjoying yourself then it's not worth it. If you want the Celestia Syandana / Skins / Mods, then it may distract you from the enjoyment. I suggest playing for fun and earning these rewards passively instead. 

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

@Sevek7

What about on console ????

Oops, Sorry! Totally missed the fact that you're on console. I apologize for my mistake, and hope you forgive me.

On Console, you have no access to the dedicated servers that we enjoy on PC. So a lot of the advice I gave simply does not apply to you. 

In your case, I would try to play at various times, and see if I can make some connection with the players who are around. The Conclave discord does have console players, but personally I tend to skip out on conversations that don't apply to me, so I don't know much about what goes on there! (That's not to say there isn't valuable information there, it's just to say that I'm not a good source of information for that!)

The best suggestion I can give you is to find other PSN players who enjoy conclave (either through the discord or public matches) and play with them, make personal connections based on self improvement (i.e.: no exploits / standing farm via abuse etc...). My guess is they have their own discord / friend group that you can join!

I hope you will accept my apology, I made a mistake!

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

What about on console ????

it's easy enough...

you change the lenguage of your console to an obscure one that you know people don't play much....maybe spain? not quite sure. 

and then you go with another person.

mind you...you have to NOT be friend in game with this person and NOT being in the same clan. 

the matchmaking will try to make you two always be in the same team otherwise, plus it's against the EULA to play conclave with a friend to farm affinity. 

26 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Honest Opinion? They should do with Conclave, what they did with Raids.
DE should generally start cutting down the game a bit again, as lots of content just exists for the sake of existing with no updates or improvements at all. But Conclave would be a good start. Sorry though for the 12 players...

I came into Warframe as a console pve player. I dabbled in Conclave when I started but then moved on. In the last 6 or so months I have been browsing the Conclave offerings and thinking there is this entire content island sitting there and wondering what is the most direct way to access it.

I've had a few ideas and I'm hopeful that any problems can be solved through mutual dialogue.

13 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Honest Opinion? They should do with Conclave, what they did with Raids.
DE should generally start cutting down the game a bit again, as lots of content just exists for the sake of existing with no updates or improvements at all. But Conclave would be a good start. Sorry though for the 12 players...

Do you guys really scroll to the bottom of the feedback forums just to type out these nothings. 

Well I'm glad I'm not you at least. 

Archived