Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path levels

Tauthe

This will be a RANT, be advise.

So, i'm doing the steel path and the missions are difficult and i like it but why the #*!% the excavators and the hostages are #*!%ING LEVEL 1???? I't doesnt make any sense to have a disavantage where you can lose the mission ON A 1 #*!%ING SHOT and dont start me saying "use this" or "use that"

I dunno. Didn't have much problems myself. Limbo for Excavations vs Grineer and Infested, max ability Strength Frost and Kuva Nukor built for Toxin damage vs Corpus. For Rescue I just stick Banish on Loki with Helminth, use it on the hostage, and walk to the exit.

It's all about having the right setup for the job.

6 hours ago, Tauthe said:

This will be a RANT, be advise.

So, i'm doing the steel path and the missions are difficult and i like it but why the #*!% the excavators and the hostages are #*!%ING LEVEL 1???? I't doesnt make any sense to have a disavantage where you can lose the mission ON A 1 #*!%ING SHOT and dont start me saying "use this" or "use that"

i don't know maybe it's supposed to be challenging? keeping things alive is part of it

with excavations, if you're going solo you should consider taking a frame with a defensive barrier like Frost or Gara, or someone who can properly lock down a room, like Vauban or Limbo. with rescues, you just gotta move like crazy to the exit: the hostage will teleport to you once you get far enough. if they go down, just enter operator void mode and res them. 

really never had problems at all in this regard.

Don't get me wrong, but I think the people responding in this thread are kinda missing the point. The OP is saying that some defense objects are stuck at level 1 while the planet-based objectives are at their proper level. As-in, probably a bug.

I don't know if that's true though, so if anyone has evidence for or against it, then go ahead and show it.

I always enjoyed doing excavations and disruption when I wanted something endless without the pressure to keep a high killrate like survival. So it was pretty disappointing to see that they never ended up adjusting the excavators' health after SP released because it really is a delicate piece of crystal to SP enemies.

6 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Here I found something. It has a pair of sunglasses next to it.

I just got on to check and there is some scaling for the excavators between normal and SP... but an extremely meager amount given the difficulty of the content. On Earth, both the Defense cryopod and excavator have a little over 2k health on normal. On Steel Path, the excavator goes up to 7k, while the cryopod goes up to a whopping 188k with 21k shields. I know the advantage of excavators is that their health resets with every completed dig but it's still within the range of being destroyed in under 2 seconds before the first dig.

Archived