Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Update. Our Insides. What We Look Like Under The Armor.

Slurmageddon

In the small ammount of cinematic we saw at the start of LS#17, We saw this:

oY56DES.jpg

Now, before trying to discern anything from it, lets establish that what we are seeing is an Excalibur warframe with a new skin 

J52XkLd.jpg

And a Pendragon helm 

250px-ExcaliburSeries3Helmet.png

Being separated into his "core components".

Now, when we arrive on scene he is not moving at all and when cut apart, theres no red, or blood or anything we conventionally associate with flesh so there is a possibility that this frame was empty. 

However we also saw Mag become similarly motionless after subjected to this thing:

svSCFiY.jpg

So the Excalibur could have just been subjected to that thing too, explaining its motionlessness.

And as for the flesh or possible lack therof, its possible that the laser cutter just blackened it as it cut through, cauterizing the wound as it went.

But bear in mind that the only other Tenno we've ever seen, is our placeholder "Cryopod Kryten"
2MUUgNM.jpg
Who also has black flesh. Even though he's just a placeholder, there was no real reason for his flesh to be black.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So does this mean we've gotten our first official, albeit grim look at the tenno beneath the frames ?
Some might argue that the orange rings around Excalibur's cuts mean the armor is empty, but bear in mind only metals glow orange when hot, flesh just burns.
And something about that slimy sad-eyed Mr.Mime bastard doesnt seem like he'd be merciful enough to only dismember an empty frame. My Vectis wants to have a word with him. One very loud, very accurate and very final word.
Edited by Santaphrax

Hmm.. if you think of it, when mag's placed in stasis you can see a sort of orange glow, and that Excalibur doesnt seem to be motionless, just empty.

Also Alad mentions her being "the best for last", that makes me think she's one of the few if not the only Warframe captured with the user still inside.

Why would there be restraints on the contraption if he was dismembering warframes only?
If I remember correctly, from Dark Sector, Hayden Tenno's warframe was a symbiotic exoskeleton, so it was always on him.
If he was only dismembering warframes, why was that mag placed on the contraption while alive, why not just knock them out or "Transfer the body" before, like, as soon as they're captured?

Pretty sure he was killing them guys.

When I first saw that video And heard Alad V say "I commit thee to the void" I thought he might have literally sent her to the void. But I'm not really sure if they have the tech or that that is simply a figure of speech, but they do have the ability to send ships into the void so it's possible they are capable of teleporting smaller objects into the void too.

Edit: off topic but am I the only one whom finds it highly Ironic that A mag of all frames is being magnetically held in place?

Edited by EclecticDragon

The "snip" was purposefully provided just so this discussion was had. We cannot ascertain that question for sure with the material we currently have, only postulate.

That said, i believe that the "field" that went through Mag was a transporter of some kind that the Corpus have developed to remove the Tenno within, since they might not know how to remove the user from the frame. That, or the Warframes can only be removed willingly by the wearer, and "self-destruct" if a forced removal is attempted.

Also, the frames aren't empty. There are people inside them, if DE wishes to follow the re-imagined Dark Sector as soft-lore.

When I first saw that video And heard Alad V say "I commit thee to the void" I thought he might have literally sent her to the void. But I'm not really sure if they have the tech or that that is simply a figure of speech, but they do have the ability to send ships into the void so it's possible they are capable of teleporting smaller objects into the void too.

Edit: off topic but am I the only one whom finds it highly Ironic that A mag of all frames is being magnetically held in place?

Yeah, it's best not to take every word literally. Keep in mind that the Corpus are a mercantile cult. More like than not it was a prayer or passage. I can't remember the wording, but that's what it screamed to me.

Yeah, it's best not to take every word literally. Keep in mind that the Corpus are a mercantile cult. More like than not it was a prayer or passage. I can't remember the wording, but that's what it screamed to me.

Yeah I know, but considering how deep of a fasination the Corpus have with the Orokin I wouldn't put it past them to send people into the void as some form of ritualistic murder. Though the way they panned onto Mag at for the last few seconds gives me the inkling that she is about to break free and kick Alad V and/or robo pups butt.

Edited by EclecticDragon

• 2 weeks later...

Krill actually says in battle, "Beneath those suits exist fleshFlesh bleeds. [player name] bleeds."

Assuming he's killed a couple Tenno.

Also I got the idea that Tenno have metallic skin, because they have a modified version of the Technocyte plague. And has anyone noticed how the virus merges flesh with the armor? And also ability mods state the Warframe's gender, for example: "Shedding *her*- skin like a snake, SARYN leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies." and "Rhino charges towards a target, clobbering any in *his* path and goring his victim." And I personally don't think Tenno have "rebirth" trait that uploads them to another body when they die, because in the video Mag expressed fear. Like she had something to lose. But that's just my opinion.

With the Excalibur I would say that it is very possible that the cutting process was used by a mechanism or device that uses both heat and pressure that would cauterize the wounds and not let anything drop. I honestly doubt the Corpus would be so messy as to leave bits after a dissection. also the Tenno in the  cryopods could simply look like  because they're sealed in a skin-tight suit all over their body to protect them over the centuries of sleep. Makes perfect sense to me. Or, even without that, Hayden's skin was affected by the Technocyte and changed color and texture, that could just affect the warframe all over.

Ya'know, I gotta wonder. What exactly makes the warframe (potentially) more valuable with the user still inside? Unless they're studying/using the actual limbs and insides of the Tenno for something, I would think it would get in the way and decrease the value of the most important part, namely the actual suit.

I think the cutting instrument was a plasma type blade which cauterized any flesh in the suit.  The Tenno inside was either dead or still in stasis and didn't recover from forcefully being pulled from stasis.

As for the Mag frame being paralyzed I think this was a shield augmenting field which turned the shield into a kind of stiff shell that kept her from moving.  She regained movement when her shackles were removed.

In the small ammount of cinematic we saw at the start of LS#17, We saw this:

oY56DES.jpg

Now, before trying to discern anything from it, lets establish that what we are seeing is an Excalibur warframe with a new skin 

J52XkLd.jpg

And a Pendragon helm 

250px-ExcaliburSeries3Helmet.png

Being separated into his "core components".

Now, when we arrive on scene he is not moving at all and when cut apart, theres no red, or blood or anything we conventionally associate with flesh so there is a possibility that this frame was empty. 

However we also saw Mag become similarly motionless after subjected to this thing:

svSCFiY.jpg

So the Excalibur could have just been subjected to that thing too, explaining its motionlessness.

And as for the flesh or possible lack therof, its possible that the laser cutter just blackened it as it cut through, cauterizing the wound as it went.

But bear in mind that the only other Tenno we've ever seen, is our placeholder "Cryopod Kryten"
2MUUgNM.jpg
Who also has black flesh. Even though he's just a placeholder, there was no real reason for his flesh to be black.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So does this mean we've gotten our first official, albeit grim look at the tenno beneath the frames ?
Some might argue that the orange rings around Excalibur's cuts mean the armor is empty, but bear in mind only metals glow orange when hot, flesh just burns.
And something about that slimy sad-eyed Mr.Mime bastard doesnt seem like he'd be merciful enough to only dismember an empty frame. My Vectis wants to have a word with him. One very loud, very accurate and very final word.

Cryopod Kryten? Dude thats Naked Nick! he was a rescue guy first. we rescued him so often we got tired of it and stuffed him in a cryopod ;D throwing out the Volt that was originaly in em