Invigoration System sucks

So I was under the impression that once you got ten warframes invigorated it would unlock and allow you to invigorate any warframe after that, but no. I have to invigorate ten more warframe to do it again. As Tony Stark said when fighting Hulk " blank move Banner." Not going to use the helminth invigorate again.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MaddawgTL said:

So I was under the impression that once you got ten warframes invigorated it would unlock and allow you to invigorate any warframe after that, but no. I have to invigorate ten more warframe to do it again. As Tony Stark said when fighting Hulk " blank move Banner." Not going to use the helminth invigorate again.

That doesnt seem worth it.

• Like 1

The way I read the description of Invigoration Mutation, I was also under the impression that after 10-invigs I could always pick whatever frame I wanted. But that would be so game breaking. I understand now it is more like a coffee card "buy 10 coffees, get the 11th free".

It's kinda funny, in an ironic-hypocritical way:

Before Invigorations were released, players were shouting "its ruining the game!" and "warframe rivens are bad!"

Now that they are released, we hear "invigoration system sucks!" and "not worth it" and "absuletely lame". 

I mean, it was just supposed to spice up our games a bit. It was intentinally designed to not be "the new meta". And of course any experienced player could adjust their builds to take advantage of this feature. I think encouraging players to change their mod configurations and use different warframes was the goal.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, MaddawgTL said:

Why would you ever think that was the way it worked? There were videos, text and even the very mechanic itself that says it's not a permanent invigoration. 

• Like 4

Seemed pretty upfront to me, every 10 invigorations you get one for your preferred frame. Like going to a coffee shop, every 10 punches on your card you get one free.

I'm not going to #*!% with it anymore though, got my 10 and used my freebie on Grendel. Didn't even get any buffs that affect the warframe, just status immunity and crit damage. I wanted range, strength hell even energy would be nice. Pretty useless buffs.

While it would indeed be a bit broken since you could always choose your strongest/favorite frame to buff, it also has the opposite effect:

Giving me random buffs for three random frames that I don't like isn't going to make me play them; so I have to agree, I find the invigoration system kinda useless

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

The way I read the description of Invigoration Mutation, I was also under the impression that after 10-invigs I could always pick whatever frame I wanted. But that would be so game breaking. I understand now it is more like a coffee card "buy 10 coffees, get the 11th free".

It's kinda funny, in an ironic-hypocritical way:

Before Invigorations were released, players were shouting "its ruining the game!" and "warframe rivens are bad!"

Now that they are released, we hear "invigoration system sucks!" and "not worth it" and "absuletely lame". 

I mean, it was just supposed to spice up our games a bit. It was intentinally designed to not be "the new meta". And of course any experienced player could adjust their builds to take advantage of this feature. I think encouraging players to change their mod configurations and use different warframes was the goal.

It will ruin the game and the system sucks is still the same.

Invigoration could have been the end game customization for dedicated player to get more power or other stuff yet it’s a mess.

The issues:

1) Although the warframes are picked at “random”, they actually have invidual rates so some frames can show up multiple times.You get hydroid first invigoration,you can actually get it for the next 3 weeks just because DE says that x5 jump will fix it

2)If you don’t have all the frames combat ready,you can’t actually try it,by the time you finish the build you have half of the invigoration left,and after that you lost 5 forma trying to make a frame you don’t usually play usable

3) Buffs, make no sense,the system is ment to boost warframes yet since i installed the system,my invigoration were either primary/secondary boost,x5 jumps and 2-3 stats adjustments

4) Free invigoration - is not a separate one where you pick your frame,you sit on the chair and choose what invigoration you want.You replace one of the current week frames,maybe you wanted to see a 600 range limbo just for the lulz…if none of the current week invigoration has range…bad luck

5)Time, 3 weeks just to see what you get in the forth and if the stars allign you get the right invigorations from which you can choose one

The good:

1)It could be could if it was redesigned from the ground up and woudn’t be a 3 layer rng system that is used as an excuse for De not to rework frames

I’d rather give all the resources to that chair to allow me to choose my invigorations and the duration so i spice the game however i want rather than logging in every monday to invigorate hydroid and the friends

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Actually, it's not. It says "after 10 you can pick the Warframe for it" and doesn't include "after every 10" which would clarify the reoccurring invigorations.

"The Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff!"

Is what the patch notes say, even the workshop says basically the same thing

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

It's absolutely lame. Wait a week to see 3 random things. If I don't like any of them then wait another week. I'll forget it exists before the end of summer I know it.

I've forgotten it existed since it was announced on the workshop lol

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

It's mainly because people want the buffs for Warframes they play, although, this doesn't change the fact invigorations are an unnecessary buff. Especially given not all "unpopular" Warframes are due to them being actually bad.

The invigoration system does create an imbalance, but most people complaining are still living in a fantasy world where they convinced themselves DE has ever at one point cared about balance.

• Like 1

I never liked the system to begin with either. I repeat myself in so many threads, but the maximum potential of your arsenal should only involve randomization when you can own said randomization (see: Riven Mods for weapons). Even Rivens are a slippery slope, but atleast you own what you have. Invigorations are just dumb. Your Warframe should not be a cut above other builds simply because you rolled the right stats for a week with no investment or ownership.

These bonuses also damage the game when in squads when you have:

• Extra range on Thermal Sunder
  • Extra duration on Mirage
  • Status immunity on Saryn/Volt in Profit-Taker/Eidolons
  • Energy Max/Energy Regen while playing Railjack (which is directly tied to your Warframe's energy).
  • Future Operations with scoring.
  • Etc.

I can't believe this system got lots of praise on the Forums and Reddit. It boggles my mind considering how much people hate Riven Mods.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Time gate mixed with RNG mixed with resource burn resulting in a dice roll you can only play every 4 weeks, at most. 

I hope it gets changed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I never liked the system to begin with either. I repeat myself in so many threads, but the maximum potential of your arsenal should only involve randomization when you can own said randomization (see: Riven Mods for weapons). Even Rivens are a slippery slope, but atleast you own what you have. Invigorations are just dumb. Your Warframe should not be a cut above other builds simply because you rolled the right stats for a week with no investment or ownership.

These bonuses also damage the game when in squads when you have:

• Extra range on Thermal Sunder
  • Extra duration on Mirage
  • Status immunity on Saryn/Volt in Profit-Taker/Eidolons
  • Energy Max/Energy Regen while playing Railjack (which is directly tied to your Warframe's energy).
  • Future Operations with scoring.
  • Etc.

I can't believe this system got lots of praise on the Forums and Reddit. It boggles my mind considering how much people hate Riven Mods.

Theres nothing about this system i like. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

It's absolutely lame. Wait a week to see 3 random things. If I don't like any of them then wait another week. I'll forget it exists before the end of summer I know it.

well, that defeats the entire purpose of the system, since its meant to encourage you to use different frames.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

well, that defeats the entire purpose of the system, since its meant to encourage you to use different frames.

I love using different frames. I just wish it was more incentive and more variety.

If invigoration system did 5 frames a week and every 5th invigoration you can choose the frame I'd use them all every week. Every single week I'd get all the frames to use all the invigorations, no matter what.

5 hours ago, minininja77 said:

If it let us invigorate any frame permanently after a measly ten that would be one hell of a broken system.

It goes the other way too. Either way, it's broken.

The Invigoration system is a terrible mess of janky randomness as it stands. 

Most of the buffs are pointless. The rest are brokenly powerful. Most of the time you will never get invigs for a frame you care about, and when you do, they will more often than not be garbo. 

The whole thing is a mistake, and should be removed from the game, with their apologies for such a bad experiment. 

• Like 2

invigorations should never have been added in their current state. lord knows plenty of us told DE not to, but they went and did it anyway. and then to add icing on the cake..

I found out invigorations are actually weighted.

yep. DE knows EXACTLY which frames are worse because those are the ones more likely to appear as one of your random 3 to invigorate. so it's not totally random, it's just that if you tend to prefer frames that are already strong, the chance of you getting a buff you'll actually use is slim, whereas it is more likely to benefit you if you prefer to use weaker frames because they're fun for you. nothing wrong with that of course, but if Invigorations are "warframe rivens", then the Invigoration weighting is the equivalent of Riven Disposition. lower weights mean less chance of being up for invigoration. 

proof:

Explicit Invigoration weights are as follows:

• Grendel: 2
  • Garuda: 2
  • Nyx: 2
  • Atlas: 2
  • Banshee: 2
  • Harrow: 2
  • Hydroid: 2
  • Wukong: 0.5
  • Saryn: 0.5
  • Mesa: 0.5
  • Wisp: 0.5
  • Volt: 0.5
  • Khora: 0.5
  • Gauss: 0.75

Warframes not listed are weighted at 1.00 (neutral).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

invigorations should never have been added in their current state. lord knows plenty of us told DE not to, but they went and did it anyway. and then to add icing on the cake..

I found out invigorations are actually weighted.

yep. DE knows EXACTLY which frames are worse because those are the ones more likely to appear as one of your random 3 to invigorate. so it's not totally random, it's just that if you tend to prefer frames that are already strong, the chance of you getting a buff you'll actually use is slim, whereas it is more likely to benefit you if you prefer to use weaker frames because they're fun for you. nothing wrong with that of course, but if Invigorations are "warframe rivens", then the Invigoration weighting is the equivalent of Riven Disposition. lower weights mean less chance of being up for invigoration. 

proof:

Explicit Invigoration weights are as follows:

• Grendel: 2
  • Garuda: 2
  • Nyx: 2
  • Atlas: 2
  • Banshee: 2
  • Harrow: 2
  • Hydroid: 2
  • Wukong: 0.5
  • Saryn: 0.5
  • Mesa: 0.5
  • Wisp: 0.5
  • Volt: 0.5
  • Khora: 0.5
  • Gauss: 0.75

Warframes not listed are weighted at 1.00 (neutral).

LMAO, so I guess warframes have dispositions now. 

What's next, DE just throws their hands up in the air and gives us Warframe rivens? 

Actually, that lets me really put my finger on why I hate invigs so much. They basically ARE Warframe rivens, dispositions and all. Sure, they might be way more random, you can't spend plat for them, etc. But it's the same concept. Random, sometimes useful, sometimes non useful buffs for your frame, and they were even weighted by tier. 

Sad when even DE has to admit some of their frames are basically low tier lol. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3