Suggestion: Helminth Enhancement -- Two Abilities on One Configuration

XennethKeisere

So we have all these Abilities not only from the many Warframes at our disposal, but also from the Helminth itself. And if you looked around, you could probably find some crazy good combos in the Helminth by synergizing abilities; unfortunately, some ideas are unavailable unless you're partnered up with an ally, if even then.

Can you imagine being able to do things like say, use Sickening Pulse on an enemy with some heavy Toxin procs and follow that up with Expedite Suffering to simply eradicate them? Or use Golden Instinct to farm for unscanned items and rare caches and run after it with Infested Mobility? How about Marked for Death combo'd with Expedite Suffering after you laid hundreds of Slash procs on a target with your Convectrix? None of these combos are available to a single Warframe...but what if they could be?

I propose that the next time DE upgrades the Helminth, they add a new enhancement when reaching a certain rank with the Helminth. This new enhancement would allow a Warframe to Subsume two NON-WARFRAME Abilities onto a configuration. This means you can't use any Abilities gained from your lil flower garden, Tenno.

Thoughts? Opinions? Vay Hek rants?

4 minutes ago, XennethKeisere said:

Can you imagine being able to do things like say,

Can you imagine how many ppl will come here in a moment and tell how that would break the system even so they would not need to even use it?
Or that warframes are made to be played as they are and not as making hybrids or changing 1 warframe into another?
Have fun

17 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Can you imagine how many ppl will come here in a moment and tell how that would break the system even so they would not need to even use it?
Or that warframes are made to be played as they are and not as making hybrids or changing 1 warframe into another?
Have fun

It's simply an idea for customization. There are some cool abilities in the Helminth that could synergize effectively with each other but they'll never be able to when you can only have one.

21 minutes ago, XennethKeisere said:

It's simply an idea for customization. There are some cool abilities in the Helminth that could synergize effectively with each other but they'll never be able to when you can only have one.

Im not against it i just told u what would happen

I would love to have the possibility to stick 2 utility abilities together in the same build, but it won't happen since it would lead to the powercreep crowd to ask for the same but for things like your examples with deleting enemies faster (faster than already is in some cases tho). 

1 hour ago, XennethKeisere said:

And if you looked around, you could probably find some crazy good combos in the Helminth by synergizing abilities

Yes, sadly the game already suffers enough from crazy good frames and power creep issues, last we need is being able to make it even worst.

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Nah, its fine as it is now, we dont need mroe and more powercreep

Yeah, lets worry about "power creep" in a game where we deal enough damage to kill enemies a billion times over. In a game where developers keep increasing our dps over time. A game where "trash" weapons can aoe mass delete enemies in SP.

DE could've allowed Helminth to be a free for all, with the only limitation being no "ultimate" stacking or buff stacking, and the overall power level wouldn't change, at all.

Although, I'm sure it's fun to throw around buzzwords with zero consideration to context.

see, I WAS gonna say that's be OP, but then helminth Invigorations already exist, so at this point we're already sticking our heads down the rabbit hole. might as well dive in and let all abiltiies be subsumable on every frame and allow all 4 powers to be replaced if we want. I mean why not, we came this far..

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

see, I WAS gonna say that's be OP, but then helminth Invigorations already exist, so at this point we're already sticking our heads down the rabbit hole. might as well dive in and let all abiltiies be subsumable on every frame and allow all 4 powers to be replaced if we want. I mean why not, we came this far..

Let's just release warframe rivens with regular dispo changes while we are at it. 

Make all companians totally invincible without the need for any protection mods. 

And scale down the enemies again. 

This game is too hard. 

Also we need a 50m range vacuum at all times, I shouldn't ever have to even move to loot everything on the map. 

The day Helminth was announced and introduced i got soooooo excited, and since then i've been having so much fun with frames thatwere almost perfect, turned into the perfect gameplay experiece.

Sure, identity and what not i important i guess, but not for me, since i can introduce similarly themed abilities to my frames.

Ideally, for me, even further ability customization would be a dream come true, the perfect gameplay experience (I could finally create the perfect telekinetic badass, or a vanguard from Mass effect series!), even custom build warframes!

Aaahh...

If you're someone that doesnt like that...

Well, that's why Im happy and you're not :-P

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Okay maybe that, but when you combine it with the rest it just all sounds really silly. 

Honestly I'd take being able to bring an invulnerable Companion if they say, couldn't attack or do much of anything outside of using passive Precepts like Vacuum.

Outside of a few edge cases that's mostly why I have them around in the first place.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Helminth already damaged Warframe identity and Warframe roles. We don't need to make it even worse. No thanks.

I'd say Helminth more so just showed how much a single ability can make or break some Warframes, and why it's important to have all Warframe abilities be worth your time instead of only having one good ability. It's like how pre-rework Vauban was deemed useless due to Raids disappearing, Vauban didn't change at all, but his one overly specific niche did and it showed  that just because the character has a use doesn't mean their now a good Warframe. That's why Nova didn't have any real difficulty with the change despite being used with Vauban for similar reasons.

Archived