Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connection So Good, You Won't Even Want To Leave

Renathy

I had done Kiliken well for 5 rounds straight. We got up to the 8th or 9th wave and enemies would start warping from area to area, so would players. After a few minutes, on the 10th wave, two of them were frozen in place, yet would one still speak, while me and some other player could still roam around freely, without any signs of poor latency between each other, but he was still able to kill enemies I had killed - Enemies die but are still able to shoot, until they disappear, this bug was present, after the connection problem, in every enemy I had killed.

The 10th wave ends and for my surprise, I find a T2 Capture. To my eyes, this key was obnoxiously rare and I needed it to find one last Prime piece. So, I press Claim and Exit and waited a few seconds, until I took notice that my name did not move, so I could exit, and I ended up clicking it a lot but nothing still happened. Countdown reaches zero and host migration happens, while nobody had left or stayed for battle, except the one guy I mentioned earlier, that could kill my kills, so to speak. The game continued for a few good waves but somehow ended without warning.

This has never happened before and I hope it does not repeat. I'm really sick of joining players with poor connections or hardware to handle a single room, from countries such as Russia or close by.

Edit: I just found out that I did get the key, regardless. I still hope that I do not come across hosts like these, anymore.

Edited by JRMC

Idk why but i ALSO experienced this only today strangely, everyone else runs around smooth killing stuff but... Doors wont open for me, i wont pick up loot and i cant deal damage and i rarely get hit, as if im in a ethereal mode or smth, rejoining the match fixed it.

Edited by 1lusion

I don't believe this is "lag." Even lag wouldn't be this horrendous no matter how bad your PC/Internet is. If it were, you, or they, would be disconnected before you would even see it. I was caught victim to this too, four times now and counting. Just had another so I came here to check if anyone else is complaining. Surprisingly not a lot.

Once in a T3 Defense, host and a Nova were the only ones able to do any damage, pick up loot, and press the use button on laser panels and revives. Me and a Nekros walked around, not being able to do anything of said things. We saw each other walk around, not warping, like we were walking another parallel dimension, but on host's and Nova's screen, we were running in one spot. And on our screen, they were the ones running in one spot.

I would categorize this a bug rather than lag and already submitted a ticket.

Edited by Lavanite

Yeah, it's a known bug that happens under specific circumstances. For instance, every time I play with my

, it will lag me out to the point where exactly what you describe happens. Unable to switch weapons, UI becoming unresponsive, everyone else teleporting around(from my PoV). It can also trigger if your game freezes for a few seconds for whatever reason and is unable to resynch itself to hosts ticks.

I know the level type is different but this happened in a Void 3 mobile defense. Only me and one other person were able to move, one was frozen, but typed saying they were following us like a Ghost since we couldn't see him, and the fourth... well Weird story I had invited them before mission, started. They didn't show on list or anything. Deeper into game suddenly as I was defending the first console they poofed into the game, or Materialized into existence without a message saying so-so joined.

Edited by Arlayn

They don't really have a "server" where the games are being hosted,but yes,they do have a physical Server,the one where they store your data,purchases,etc. And I'm guessing it has something to do with that >_> hope they fix it. Also,dedicated servers would be nice also.

They don't really have a "server" where the games are being hosted,but yes,they do have a physical Server,the one where they store your data,purchases,etc. And I'm guessing it has something to do with that >_> hope they fix it. Also,dedicated servers would be nice also.

dedicated servers are so expensive THQ couldn't even afford it for Warhammer 40k Dark Millennium... I doubt DE could do it.

I had the same problem and it was definetly from my side the host could see me Freeze  while i i can't harm enemies or don't use energy when i use abillities and can't pickup energy or ammo at all i had this happen today once and i kept being knocked down kept loosing health or shields till i died :(

DE really needs to check out this problem it is quite annoying :(