Foundry Times

nemethyl

Hello there,
PLEASE for the love of God, lower the crafting times.
I don't understand why I have to spend either plat or 120 hours waiting for 10 mutagen mass to make a single weapon. It's actually ridiculous.
I wouldn't even complain about crafting times for weapons and warframes / sentinels or whatever, however I just have to complain about this one.

Just please lower the times for Detonite injector, Fieldron and Mutagen Mass or any of these you can only make one of at a time just to make a weapon that THEN requires another 24 hours to make.
Timegating especially for new players is pain in the *** and kind of forces them to spend plat for either insta building or just buying it. There's no fun in that.

The recipes for those particular resources is meant as a fall-back option, and is often a waste of resources to craft those. Generally it's much easier getting those from invasions. Advise not crafting them, as you may need those raw resources (particularly the mutagen samples) for other things.

The timers are a symptom of the f2p nature. Pay up, or simply wait.

The issue is, that it's all a waiting game no matter if you do invasions or craft it, I'd like to level up a new weapon, not wait for 120 + 24 h craft, pay 120 plat, pay just for the weapon or do invasions. I get that invasions may be the main thing, but recipes are in the game and they take that long, AND you use the resources to get them, while in invasions you don't use them. That's why I feel like it's pointless to have such a long waiting time for it.

Hobie-wan has the right idea for what to do in situations like this.
IF you are crafting something like this then start looking for invasions that reward what you need so you don't need to craft as many.  I mean you're going to end up waiting in the end so why not cut that time down via invasion rewards?

You could also be working towards other samples and faction resources to start getting those out of the way so that you aren't waiting for Fieldron or something else to build later in the game.

You could start grinding out prime parts for crafting and for ducats.  Or if you're far enough in Railjack you could be running void storms to try to get some Holokeys if you need them.

You should always set your eyes on your next goal and start working towards that.

The worst thing you can do is sit there and stare at your foundry as you wait for it to build what you need.  Thankfully unless you have done literally everything in the game you should have plenty of other things that you can be doing while the foundry does its work.

18 часов назад, nemethyl сказал:

Timegating especially for new players is pain in the *** and kind of forces them to spend plat for either insta building or just buying it. There's no fun in that.

Welcome to free to play games. They were working like this since fish invented walking. You should pay something for your shiny new pixels either time or money if waiting is not for you.

As people pointed out, you can and should be doing something else like progressing through starchart or getting resources for whatever else. Getting all the things leveled in a day is not the point.

18 часов назад, (PSN)iuvenilis сказал:

The recipes for those particular resources is meant as a fall-back option, and is often a waste of resources to craft those. Generally it's much easier getting those from invasions. Advise not crafting them, as you may need those raw resources (particularly the mutagen samples) for other things.

Ironically it is actually the other way around. Invasions were introduced ~7 months after detonite/fieldron/mutagen, can't be a fallback if you were here first. So in a way invasions helped fixing the issue of needing a lot of crafting time and horrible mutagen drop rates at the time and helped with people's complains about those, though the main goal of invasions themselves was entirely different.

But the point of your post is correct, getting stuff via invasions is way faster.

Archived