Railjack is better experienced solo

Doraz_

Just the P2P system alone strengthens this point.. sometimes you have luck and play with someone with Google fiber, resulting in a smooth experience,..

But most of the time you connect to someone below that, resulting in hundreds upon hundreds of issues, bugs and anything but a decent experience. 

• Like 1

Yes, i solo farmed 160 Corrupted Holokey in few first days after update, it take me ~8 hours, i got fullmetal bada$$ railjack, with good crew (1 eng, 2 guuners, me as pilot) i prefer use Wukong or Wisp (fast, mobility warframes) I play most often high lvl corpus proximas. I love to grind in grind-based game, so I don't understand the people who are complaining about these keys now. I EXP and formas this tenet melee weapons only for the mastery rank points (Especially with the introduction of new mods for guns, i dont need melee)

I realized from day one that railjack feels better in solo. It was more convenient for me to do everything solo and not wait for team. And with the introduction of the NPC, most of my responsibilities have disappeared.

Yes, it will be very difficult for beginners to build a railjack for solo play, but it was much more difficult to build it when the railjack was first introduced into the game.

12 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

And on the flipside, if I just want to clear the node and not spend twenty minutes dealing with bullS#&$ Corpus (an inexplicable 99% damage resistance on two of the moa enemy types) for a very low chance at getting a part for a weapon which is nothing more than 30 and ditch mastery trash, then I also do not want to get a team that wants to sit there for a full C rotation.

So yeah, solo railjack FTW. Grineer ain't so bad in multiplayer because you can actually do multiple objectives at once (yay teamwork), but Corpus? Hell no.

That's a good point, too. It's not like we can't already get host migrations mid-mission so I'm not sure why the same can't be done with the extraction after the countdown reaches zero.

En 2/8/2021 a las 21:31, (PSN)GingyGreen dijo:

Fully agree, but for different reasons.

Played solo, you are the captain of your little Corvette, and you don't have 3 other jackasses breaking your immersion or spamming the hell out of everything to insta-complete your missions. You can actually enjoy flying around with a crew and have adventures.

My only gripe is how limited the crew are, how you can't elect to bring a few with your out into missions (why can't On-Call teleport your Crew to the areas?!)

Course that really applies to most missions in general. Warframe in general is a whole lot more fun played solo. Especially when you play a non-nuke Frame, where your powers actually come into play rather than spending an entire mission watching your ass hole Mesa Nova Xaku and Saryn teammates insta-delete every enemy in sight before you can even fire a shot.

I hate how I must fight for the ship control.

if leave one second the navigator seat one random guy go fast to reclaim it.

i've started playing railjack really late and now stuck behind the giant grind of intrinsics, i'm 480 points away for command rank 10 for example and it really takes a long time getting there solo and it's really hard to join a party because of how buggy and inconvenient it is to play railjack on a public match. now i'm stuck waiting for a mastery booster either on login bonus or when baro brings one to be able to make the grind more sane.

it's the chicken or egg all over again for me, i won't play railjack because it's not fun without the intrinsic unlocks, i don't have the intrinsic unlocks because i'm not playing the railjack.

13 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i've started playing railjack really late and now stuck behind the giant grind of intrinsics, i'm 480 points away for command rank 10 for example and it really takes a long time getting there solo and it's really hard to join a party because of how buggy and inconvenient it is to play railjack on a public match. now i'm stuck waiting for a mastery booster either on login bonus or when baro brings one to be able to make the grind more sane.

it's the chicken or egg all over again for me, i won't play railjack because it's not fun without the intrinsic unlocks, i don't have the intrinsic unlocks because i'm not playing the railjack.

I don't get the 'late' part - I have played the game for a couple years, did not bother with RJ except to build it initially and let it sit there before the changes, did not do missions with it until like just a few weeks back...I have 3 crew already from just buying them when they looked good, and with intrinsics at like 3-5...and the mode is already easy...all solo.

How are you late?

How is it not fun to play all of that w/o rank 10 and only fun with rank 10? It's the same game.

I don't get it.

Edited by Zimzala
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

I don't get the 'late' part - I have played the game for a couple years, did not bother with RJ except to build it initially and let it sit there before the changes, did not do missions with it until like just a few weeks back...I have 3 crew already from just buying them when they looked good, and with intrinsics at like 3-5...and the mode is already easy...all solo.

How are you late?

How is it not fun to play all of that w/o rank 0 and only fun with rank 10? It's the same game.

I don't get it.

it's not fun because the time investment to reward ratio is not worth it, i could be doing many number of other things on this game and be rewarded more handsomely for my effort, spending 4-6 minutes for 10 intrinsics is a bad use of my time.

Just now, _junguler said:

it's not fun because the time investment to reward ratio is not worth it, i could be doing many number of other things on this game and be rewarded more handsomely for my effort, spending 4-6 minutes for 10 intrinsics is a bad use of my time.

Well, I don't understand the need for leisure time to be efficient, so I think the two of us view the world through very different lenses.

I hope you can enjoy the parts you enjoy, good luck.

• Like 3

Just now, Zimzala said:

Well, I don't understand the need for leisure time to be efficient, so I think the two of us view the world through very different lenses.

I hope you can enjoy the parts you enjoy, good luck.

i understand your point, i too waste my time playing games some times but there are times when i want to feel i'm getting things done and in railjack the pace is so slow it might as well be not moving at all.

i too hope you enjoy the game and thank you for the friendly back and forth.

Yeah solo is my preferred way to play it, unless I'm playing with friends which are rarely on. Playing with randoms can be a pain sometimes as you'll come across people who really have no clue what they are doing or are using poorly modded railjacks that clearly aren't ready for higher lvl stuff.

I agree with this, the only issues I have are that I wish the NPC crew could use forward artillery so that I could spend more time flying my own ship instead of being the one using the artillery. That and sometimes the NPC crew pilot is buggy where they dont destroy the grineer radiators unless you are in the ship, forcing you to teleport back to your Railjack.

2 hours ago, Harvenger76 said:

I agree with this, the only issues I have are that I wish the NPC crew could use forward artillery so that I could spend more time flying my own ship instead of being the one using the artillery. That and sometimes the NPC crew pilot is buggy where they dont destroy the grineer radiators unless you are in the ship, forcing you to teleport back to your Railjack.

Do you have NPC flying at the time? you need a pilot.

I've found just tell them again to take the pilots seat and they'll do it.

Since doing that my NPC always blow the radiators, I don't know if the upgraded command 10 ones are better at it.

Spoiler

These are command 10 NPC, the middle one does gunner and pilot.

Railjack_crew.png

While I agree with the OP and only play Railjack (even Void Storms) solo now, it is a totally different game / different kind of "fun" when you end up on a complete potato of a ship.  During one of my Corpus Sister showdowns, the Host's ship was probably completely unmodded so I and another player ended up spending the entire time sealing hull breaches and putting out fires.  Sadly, the mission glitched when we were supposed to get into the Corpus ship and the door won't open, so we all just wasted 30 minutes with nothing to show for it...  Worth experiencing once, but only once, IMO...

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Do you have NPC flying at the time? you need a pilot.

I've found just tell them again to take the pilots seat and they'll do it.

Since doing that my NPC always blow the radiators, I don't know if the upgraded command 10 ones are better at it.

Hide contents

These are command 10 NPC, the middle one does gunner and pilot.

Railjack_crew.png

Thanks for the tip! Also yeah, I have rank 10 command intrinsic and my pilot 5/5 in her piloting skill.

28 minutes ago, Harvenger76 said:

Thanks for the tip! Also yeah, I have rank 10 command intrinsic and my pilot 5/5 in her piloting skill.

I've found even if the NPC are set to pilot from an earlier time when you gave them the order and you have been in the pilot's seat since giving the NPC the order, if you jump off the pilot's seat and the NPC comes running and jumps into the pilot's seat, I've found they trip out and the simple fix I've found while you're on the enemy platform thinking hurry the *beep* up and destroy it already, is just give the pilot order again, then a little bit later radiator goes boom.

I hope I didn't make that confusing.

I don't have her set to pilot until I want her too, even at command 10 they seem to like to fly off when I'm in the forward gun, even while zoomed in they still move the ship.

Hmm , i only partially agree.

Its not a pure good or bad scenario as it depends on the type of squad , your intrinsics and the network.

So i rate it as follows:

1) Best: Good squad that knows what to do most efficiently (everyone knows what to do and there is barely any waiting between objective completions) with stable connection and host having a railjack that is fully kitted out (with top tier components . intrinsics and mods)

2) Good :Competent squad (objectives completed without issues, some minor waiting time but overall faster cause responsibility is shared)  with stable connection and host with fully kitted out railjack

3 Adequate : Solo with Fully kitted railjack and top tier crew and host knows what he is doing.

4) Sub par: Moderately competent squad (Slow to complete objectives , dont have most of the intrinsic for quick travel, are slow to board and extract, and are somewhat out of their depth)  with stable connection and host with fully kitted railjack

5) Bad : Incompetent squad (are AFK most of the time , dont bother with engineering work , sit in gunner/artillery cannon and do nothing , being an active hindrance to the team) with stable connection and host with moderately kitted railjack.

6) Worst: Incompetent squad with bad connections on a host with poorly built railjack.

There are further nuances to it of course but most of my runs fall in these categories.

I usually find myself betweeen 2 to 4 , and very rarely do i find a dream team of 1 or a nightmare team of 5 or 6.

• Like 1

В 02.08.2021 в 22:09, Doraz_ сказал:

Remember when at release Railjack was sold as a "team experience" and solo players should just accept it ...

Even then, I easily went through missions with the help of Archwing. Never seen a problem go through a mission alone

13 minutes ago, Zardox-Drezeer said:

Can you please add the system to Use FA from pilot seat for solo at least plz and make crew forge things if anything empty

This isn't Feedback, DE doesn't look here. :P Also, they said no pilot artillery control, they just made crew pilots sort of target the weakpoints on the big ship while shaking RJ around to make it very annoying to aim, also completely ignoring the crew ships. Pretty much the solution you'd expect from DE.