Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No in-game or launcher warning for end of intermission?

Kexige

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

By all means please translate to us here what that text meant
Or dont
Better tell me how it contribute anything helpful to OPs problem?
How it goes toward solving anything

Just dont be shy feel free to write big wall of text i promise to read it all

do you realize that he tried to tell you two times what he said logically and tried to explain it to you in another way and you kept going with "you're being toxic"? 

2 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

It's not toxic.  It's common sense.

No NW season has randomly popped up a BRAND NEW reward in the shop at any point that was so costly one should hoard 5000 pts. ... and that number seems like BS, too, because I'm fairly certain you can't make that much in a season.  90 levels, 60 of which were 15 pts a piece, and the first 30 of which awarded several hundred....

Anyways, the points were theirs to do with what they wanted in the limited time NW lasted.

They're clearly on the forums, where it was mentioned quite a bit...  They play the game, where it was posted IN THE NEWS FEED in-orbiter.

DE shouldn't need to put everything in blazing red text on login about everything they mentioned.

First time.

1 hour ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

How long has this season of NW been running, Zero?  

How many weeks would the player have had to play to gather "5000" credits?  

Now, tell me, in all that time, they were OBVIOUSLY playing, paying attention, logging in... and not ONCE did they use a credit to get what was needed? 

NEVER has an item been in the shop for 1000 creds, let alone more.  Hoarding all of that was useless, without precedent, and is not the fault of the developers.

It's no "I'm happy" they missed it. I NEVER said that.  Don't misrepresent my words to force a fallacious point.  

They HAD TONS of chances, and CHOSE not to use them.  That's NOT DE's fault.  It's not MY fault.  It's their own.

Second time.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Hold your horses and dont act stupid 

We are talking about 1 person telling other person "good something bad happened to you"
Not about duration of some in game event

So if you care to lecture me or any1 here be sure to dont change subject

You ignored both explenations still assuming he's toxic when he CLEARLY explained two times why OP made an error. 

50 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Part "no you should not be rewarded for this," speaks for it self
You me or any1 here are not arbitrators of what should be rewarded or not
We are just players and saying things like that is just implying what kind of approach ppl have to other players

I believe we come here to help other players and not to tell them "you get what you deserve"
So if someone is not contributing towards solving other players problem then what other motives they have?

If you are so narrow minded imagine how that reply would be different if OP said "i wasted all my creeds at last day of NW"
But guess that could be bit too hard for you to imagine

Still...ignoring what he said, assuming what he "really means" and insulting him too. 

props for being toxic. 

You have become the very thing you swore to destroy! -cit.

star wars GIF

It's common sense, and it has been mentioned numerous times, that there should be a countdown to the end of nightwave seasons, in line with all other events that show number of days remaining.  DE should also set the season length and stick to it, instead of dragging it out as filler.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

do you realize that he tried to tell you two times what he said logically and tried to explain it to you in another way and you kept going with "you're being toxic"? 

First time.

Second time.

You ignored both explAnations still assuming he's toxic when he CLEARLY explained two times why OP made an error. 

Still...ignoring what he said, assuming what he "really means" and insulting him too. 

props for being toxic. 

You have become the very thing you swore to destroy! -cit.

star wars GIF

So i see you are the arbitrator of what i wanted to do or what kind of person i am?
Funny because i never claimed i am not toxic quite the opposite

And giving explanation (not explenation get some spell checker) and actually explaining something are 2 different things?
He literally explained how thing work and where someone can look for info
Yet no1 is obligated to come to forums or have privilege of being allowed to miss something
In both cases no1 should be punished for that and system should be adjusted so no1 get hurts 
Which have nothing to do with toxic comment from above but seems u have hard time reading and understanding what you read
I could say thats your problem so deal with it but u see i take my time and try to explain you 2 different things while u lie to yourself to believe its 1 and the same
Thats the difference

Anyway read some words of wisdom below and think how simple solution to whole situation could be
I mean if u capable of thinking that some players are not you or me and dont check news console dont come to forums or watch streams

Have a nice day

6 minutes ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

It's common sense, and it has been mentioned numerous times, that there should be a countdown to the end of nightwave seasons, in line with all other events that show number of days remaining.  DE should also set the season length and stick to it, instead of dragging it out as filler.

That is 1st valuable comment i see here

They could of ended the week off before finishing the intermission, i was about to rank up and get a few more credits...but at least intermission credits are probably usable in the next one..

Talking of, what credits will part 2-I mean, will nora's favourites use?

12 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

So i see you are the arbitrator of what i wanted to do or what kind of person i am?
Funny because i never claimed i am not toxic quite the opposite

And giving explanation (not explenation get some spell checker) and actually explaining something are 2 different things?
He literally explained how thing work and where someone can look for info
Yet no1 is obligated to come to forums or have privilege of being allowed to miss something
In both cases no1 should be punished for that and system should be adjusted so no1 get hurts 
Which have nothing to do with toxic comment from above but seems u have hard time reading and understanding what you read
I could say thats your problem so deal with it but u see i take my time and try to explain you 2 different things while u lie to yourself to believe its 1 and the same
Thats the difference

Anyway read some words of wisdom below and think how simple solution to whole situation could be
I mean if u capable of thinking that some players are not you or me and dont check news console dont come to forums or watch streams

Have a nice day

He really believes he diked did something. 

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

you just proved my point. Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

It's literally in view when you get in the game and all new entries are flashing blue, it's not hard to miss

Surely everyone can agree having the notice in and around the nightwave interface is a better solution than just having it on the notice board?  Impossible to miss > hard to miss.

4 hours ago, MqToasty said:

So you gambled and lost?  I really hope you did not end up with too many worthless Intermission Credits.  But just out of curiosity, has DE ever done what you said in Nightwave, especially to add something that costs hundreds or even thousands of credits?  If not, why would you worry about them doing it now?

I also tend to save up a little bit (like ~150) in case I need some emergency potatoes or something really good comes up.  But I also make it a habit to spend any extras, in case life or another game pulls me in and I end up missing the end of Nightwave.  Wouldn't you agree that is a more sensible version of "better safe than sorry"?

7 hours ago, nslay said:

Agreed. While I was personally prepared for the end of Nightwave, I agree that there should have been something like an in-game mail from Nora indicating the end of Nightwave.

Literally at the very top of my post. I ended with 0 intermission credits.

And yes, DE did this with the curious (but really bad!) Ash Arcane helmet (which was supposed to be Wolf mask). This helmet is an aesthetic that behaves like an Arcane that was previously available in ancient times... and if you didn't have the credits to waste on it at the time, guess what? You will never ever be able to get it ever again.

But you see... I kept my credits and I did actually get that Ash Arcane helmet so that I could experience how bad Arcane helmets are/were. And I bet shenanigans like this will happen again in the future.

1 hour ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

Surely everyone can agree having the notice in and around the nightwave interface is a better solution than just having it on the notice board?  Impossible to miss > hard to miss.

No apparently not. It was announced in a virtual conference that not everyone could attend, was in a relatively obscure section of the forum that you almost never need to read, and featured on an object in the Orbiter that is as noticeable as any other decoration. No need for vastly superior ideas like you're suggesting, or in-game mails or new-update-like messages about Nightwave ending.

32 minutes ago, nslay said:

No apparently not. It was announced in a virtual conference that not everyone could attend, was in a relatively obscure section of the forum that you almost never need to read, and featured on an object in the Orbiter that is as noticeable as any other decoration. No need for vastly superior ideas like you're suggesting, or in-game mails or new-update-like messages about Nightwave ending.

Real question would it hurt any1 if it were that way?
Would there be any problem for it to exist in that way?
If it were not posted on forums not mentioned in streams and not displayed on news console
If it only was in box message or had time countdown like other events what would we lose?
Is there any argument against it worth for it not to be that way?

Well other than ppl saying NO because NO
I dont read news i dont watch streams well i come to forums
But i see how many players dont do any of the above

Idea should be to avoid situation where someone gets hurt by the system when it could be so easily avoided
And not to leave some players with a problem

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

Real question would it hurt any1 if it were that way?
Would there be any problem for it to exist in that way?
If it were not posted on forums not mentioned in streams and not displayed on news console
If it only was in box message or had time countdown like other events what would we lose?
Is there any argument against it worth for it not to be that way?

Well other than ppl saying NO because NO
I dont read news i dont watch streams well i come to forums
But i see how many players dont do any of the above

Idea should be to avoid situation where someone gets hurt by the system when it could be so easily avoided
And not to leave some players with a problem

I was sarcastic in my post. From my earlier post and sarcastic post, I absolutely think it should be more effectively communicated in all the cool ways you, invisibleaxeman and myself have communicated. I do not think the forums, Orbiter news console or tennocon are good substitutes...

In fact in Q&A Chat, there were people asking when it was going to end... or when the next one is going to begin. I think that's very telling, don't you?

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

I think that's very telling, don't you?

Ow id say something better
I remember when i was farming something with a friend actually for him and we just get it and then i was ok we need to farm now XXXXXX thing
And he reply me with "well i dont know where to get it"
And i said "you could just type warframe [nameof that item] and on wiki loo...."
But before i could finish sentence he yells at me "I PLAY WARFRAME NOT GOOGLE OK?"
And so do we play tennocon, forums or news console?

Let that be an answer to your question

Archived