Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let Us Change Emails.

Sinistro6

Hello DE.

As of now the email I used for registration is bound for deletion. As the own Warframe Support page states:

Can I change my email address?

lotus2_copy_thumb.png

DEkatie
posted this on Jan 02 10:42

Warframe does not currently provide the option to change your account email address, but this may become an option in the future. 

This is bad. From the moment I lose my email account, my Warframe account will be in a delicate position. I won't be able to change password and any and all communications from DE to me will be lost forever.

Not being able to change emails is a bad thing, and risky as well. Compromised emails will forever compromise Warframe accounts.

So please reconsider this postion, on behalf of your playerbase.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem :( , I need a change in e-mail because my e-mail now is facing problems being logged in and faces risks of being hacked in which warframe might be too, I hope the private message is not notified in my e-mail in precaution to hackers aware of my warframe account. Please, help me change my e-mail, :/, I'm still into warframe very much

Contact support and do it that way if you ever lose access to your email.

Bit if they ever allow us to do it, then account selling will start.  Bad enough there is plat trading, so players can get ripped off if they get hacked.  So if they ever allowed the registered email changed by us, that would then be abused by account sellers.

You think the spam is bad at the moment with ingame chat, wait for plat/account sellers to target this game and start spamming chat.

Contact support and do it that way if you ever lose access to your email.

Bit if they ever allow us to do it, then account selling will start.  Bad enough there is plat trading, so players can get ripped off if they get hacked.  So if they ever allowed the registered email changed by us, that would then be abused by account sellers.

You think the spam is bad at the moment with ingame chat, wait for plat/account sellers to target this game and start spamming chat.

That may be very well true. However, this is something needed for security purposes. I recently had my emails hacked and all the accounts linked to them hacked as well. I am still able to visit the website but I cannot change my password because the hacker changed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ahh! i have idea.. how about dual email system?, GM can send the email to our secondary email.. but the secondary is connected with your primary account, and primary connected with secondary account... so if we forgot our warframe password, we can report it & email was send to both of us email., primary & secondary.. so maybe we doesnt have to change our primary email, enough more have a second email... connected eachother

• 3 weeks later...

First of all : my apology for my grammar , english is not my mother language.

I think the reason why the option is still not in the game is, to protect someone from crooks (or scammer idk)

Reason why:

We all know in many games RPGS  etc. some people selling  accounts for tons of money.

If DE allows us to change our email at any time, the numbers of crooks will rise to the rooftop.

Example: Someone sold his account and after he got his money, he changed is email .....and guess what?  The impulse buyer spend hundreds of dollars (or where ever you came from) for nothing!

I know it  sounds silly ,but many people are silly enough to buy acccounts from other people.

I know u cannot stop someone selling his account ,but, at least  you can try  protect someone  getting screwed.

Anyway.  Back to the Topic:

After all all u need to do is contacting the Support via Email and answer some questions and after a short period of time they will change you email.

they changed mine a few weeks ago with no problems.

Edited by RamothElggur

• 3 months later...

Hello DE.

As of now the email I used for registration is bound for deletion. As the own Warframe Support page states:

Can I change my email address?

lotus2_copy_thumb.png

DEkatie

posted this on Jan 02 10:42

Warframe does not currently provide the option to change your account email address, but this may become an option in the future. 

This is bad. From the moment I lose my email account, my Warframe account will be in a delicate position. I won't be able to change password and any and all communications from DE to me will be lost forever.

Not being able to change emails is a bad thing, and risky as well. Compromised emails will forever compromise Warframe accounts.

So please reconsider this postion, on behalf of your playerbase.

Thanks.

I bump this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, im completely with you on being able to change emails. I just got a PS4, but my PS plus is on an old email, and my warframe is on my new one. Now I cant migrate it over because the week or whatever that it was available is now up, and Iv still got no ability to change my email....

i think this should be still be made on a case by case basis as it is now because of the huge risk of someone getting your account and changing the email so you cant get it back, the number of people who need this option are reduced compared to the total population which would be exposed to the risk.

its not an unsolvable problem just getting extra work for no benefit at all. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...