Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Ping (Posted in wrong forum section, my bad :P)

Whibbs

Question

Disclaimer: Been through a lot of forum posts and, personally, I haven't found one with the same info that I mention here, so I apologize if it's redundant.

TLDR: Need help fixing me being a bad host :P

I've done a lot of... looking around online, I guess... and I've made a lot of changes to my in-game, network and GPU settings, etc. etc. that I found and on my own I do seem to be running tremendously better as far as staying connected in Warframe (solo). However, any time I start a squad, invite my SO and start a mission, we immediately start getting high ping and the "Network not responding" pop-up for about 10-15 seconds, every 5ish minutes or so. Or when I'm hosting 

Now, I'm assuming it's only when I'm hosting a group in general that the problem begins, because when my SO isn't playing and I join other squads, I don't seem to have an issue. I also don't know how to tell if I'm the host or not when I start a mission and it drops me into a group/people join my group either.

I do run on a laptop (I know, bleh), but it's still decent either way. I'm fairly certain that's not relevant to my problem and the specs should be more than enough if I'm having literally zero lag spikes in everything except when I host a mission, but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to, at the very least, set/change anything at this point so that when I host, I'm not making the game unbearable for other players? In my old place of living, I was on WiFi and ran the exact same way that I've described thus far. Now though, I'm using ethernet, and yeah I can tell there's a huge difference but as far as hosting goes, no dice. But, here's some general info I guess, don't know what would be needed exactly for anyone to be able to properly assist me, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

• ISP: xFinity (Comcast), multiple speed tests came back 450+ download, 20-28 upload, 8-16 ping.
  • PC Specs:
    • HP Zbook 17 G5
    • i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    • 16gb RAM, DirectX 12
    • internal Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
    • integrated NVIDIA Quadro P5200

I can't quite remember every little thing that I've tried (short of having my SO host, but I figure same internet, probably same problem), but here's a checklist of things I found online, in which I assume only helped, even marginally, because there is a difference, no matter how small.

• Added TCP values to the registry
  • Port forwarding
  • Altered in-game settings to recommendations online
  • Downloaded a 'low ping' bat file (most helpful that I could tell, but not enough apparently)
  • Downloaded a TCP optimizer
  • Made sure all drivers were up to date
  • Altered 'Advanced' and 'Power Management' properties for my ethernet connection
  • Contacted ISP and had a tech visit, modem replaced, no change

I'm also aware that apparently Warframe is P2P, which I guess sucks, more or less? Just getting tired at this point, been at it for days and still can't seem to host properly. Also kind of found something online about playing Warframe through Steam may or may not cause unnecessarily high ping, but I'm honestly not sure. 

I apologize for the extremely long post! At this point I don't know what else to try, so, hit me :P

Disclaimer: Been through a lot of forum posts and, personally, I haven't found one with the same info that I mention here, so I apologize if it's redundant.

TLDR: Need help fixing me being a bad host :P

I've done a lot of... looking around online, I guess... and I've made a lot of changes to my in-game, network and GPU settings, etc. etc. that I found and on my own I do seem to be running tremendously better as far as staying connected in Warframe (solo). However, any time I start a squad, invite my SO and start a mission, we immediately start getting high ping and the "Network not responding" pop-up for about 10-15 seconds, every 5ish minutes or so. Or when I'm hosting 

Now, I'm assuming it's only when I'm hosting a group in general that the problem begins, because when my SO isn't playing and I join other squads, I don't seem to have an issue. I also don't know how to tell if I'm the host or not when I start a mission and it drops me into a group/people join my group either.

I do run on a laptop (I know, bleh), but it's still decent either way. I'm fairly certain that's not relevant to my problem and the specs should be more than enough if I'm having literally zero lag spikes in everything except when I host a mission, but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to, at the very least, set/change anything at this point so that when I host, I'm not making the game unbearable for other players? In my old place of living, I was on WiFi and ran the exact same way that I've described thus far. Now though, I'm using ethernet, and yeah I can tell there's a huge difference but as far as hosting goes, no dice. But, here's some general info I guess, don't know what would be needed exactly for anyone to be able to properly assist me, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

• ISP: xFinity (Comcast), multiple speed tests came back 450+ download, 20-28 upload, 8-16 ping.
  • PC Specs:
    • HP Zbook 17 G5
    • i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    • 16gb RAM, DirectX 12
    • internal Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
    • integrated NVIDIA Quadro P5200

I can't quite remember every little thing that I've tried (short of having my SO host, but I figure same internet, probably same problem), but here's a checklist of things I found online, in which I assume only helped, even marginally, because there is a difference, no matter how small.

• Added TCP values to the registry
  • Port forwarding
  • Altered in-game settings to recommendations online
  • Downloaded a 'low ping' bat file (most helpful that I could tell, but not enough apparently)
  • Downloaded a TCP optimizer
  • Made sure all drivers were up to date
  • Altered 'Advanced' and 'Power Management' properties for my ethernet connection
  • Contacted ISP and had a tech visit, modem replaced, no change

I'm also aware that apparently Warframe is P2P, which I guess sucks, more or less? Just getting tired at this point, been at it for days and still can't seem to host properly. Also kind of found something online about playing Warframe through Steam may or may not cause unnecessarily high ping, but I'm honestly not sure. 

I apologize for the extremely long post! At this point I don't know what else to try, so, hit me :P

Archived