Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for a new Infested Nemesis

Inner-Cloud

I've been thinking of a series of weapons for quite a few years for the Infested and with the Nemesis System and the Necralisk, I think I've come to a stable idea:

So basically the idea is that Fass and Vome make an accord or create a series of supersoldier infested to fight the others and/or the Family/Tenno called the Evolved. Either infused with Vome or Fass's ancient power, or a mixture of both, these are enhanced Infested nemesi who would probably focus on stealing resources entirely as compared to Liches and Sisters.

Evolved weapons could be modernized infested weapons like Evolved Torid or Cerata or Embolist, etc. I was also thinking that instead of just being like juggernauts it could be a garden variety of infested with matching red or cyan worm energy to keep them from getting dull.

10 minutes ago, Inner-Cloud said:

I've been thinking of a series of weapons for quite a few years for the Infested and with the Nemesis System and the Necralisk, I think I've come to a stable idea:

So basically the idea is that Fass and Vome make an accord or create a series of supersoldier infested to fight the others and/or the Family/Tenno called the Evolved. Either infused with Vome or Fass's ancient power, or a mixture of both, these are enhanced Infested nemesi who would probably focus on stealing resources entirely as compared to Liches and Sisters.

Evolved weapons could be modernized infested weapons like Evolved Torid or Cerata or Embolist, etc. I was also thinking that instead of just being like juggernauts it could be a garden variety of infested with matching red or cyan worm energy to keep them from getting dull.

6JXswua.gif?noredirect

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

6JXswua.gif?noredirect

I've known about the Bug-a-Salt for a long time and I really want one... but I also don't want to have to vacuum up salt every day, and lord knows I'd go on a big enough shooting spree to turn my house into a salty beach-house XD.

on topic though, I am looking forward to seeing the infested nemesis and railjack missions, but the main thing I want is for them to evolve; not just have "evolved" as their prefix, but for them to actually get bigger and more grotesque as they rank up. I like the idea of tying them to Fass and Vome, even if it means going to cambion drift to spawn their larvling. I expect it'll just end up being a further recycling of the current system, but the notion of creating and killing my own growing infested monstrosity is rather exciting!

45 минут назад, (PSN)robotwars7 сказал:

I like the idea of tying them to Fass and Vome, even if it means going to cambion drift to spawn their larvling. I expect it'll just end up being a further recycling of the current system, but the notion of creating and killing my own growing infested monstrosity is rather exciting!

It’s not going to happen, imo. They’re super beings which too busy spitting and harassing each other, they don’t care about some poopy humans and pseudo-infested running over Deimos. Nor they even need any supersoldiers (Lol I’m sure if they needed to get rid of Enthrati, they would just shoot Necralisk with their lasers untill it completely destroyed). Nor tenno nor Enthrati aren’t threat to DEIMOS ITSELF. They just killing silly numbers of infested nobody caress in global aspect. Not even mention that Vome is a good girl who doesn’t allow infested to attack us on her watch.

the sister activly trying to kill you every mission by sending a hound is a nice touch and really gives more reason to wanting the sister dead compared to the kuva lvl 1 lich that just pinched a small amount of goodies that high end players dont care about anymore

an infested lich needs something like the sister where it anoys the player into actualy finishing it off e.g. periodic energy drain (mission time hits a random number whole squad loses a % of their energy and will have to use energy pickups, pads or energy restoring ablitys . or how about random ability disabled and for duration of mssion (start mission with no 3rd ability and next mission you will have the third ability back but another one will be disabled instead) the thing we are fighting is infested 

Spoiler

and so is our frames as shown in the sacrifice

so why this time can instead of trying to kill us at the start is trying to disable us to then CoNsUmE uS as for those that wander if thats possible well......didnt jordas say something about that and had a whole trap set up with the golem

2 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Not even mention that Vome is a good girl who doesn’t allow infested to attack us on her watch

i think that because the infested are a hive mind vome is the representation of the entranti family as they seem to be resisting the will of the hive quite well so fass VS vome could litrely be the entranti family VS the rest of the infested hive mind the entranti make a worm the infested hive wrecks it and then the entranti make another and launch a counter attack and the worms battle on which set of minds (the hive or the family) control the majority of the infested on deimos

Arlo could also be a likely candidate as the source of infested nemeses.

Kinda depends on the direction that DE takes them, if they're freshly infested humanoids then Arlo fits, if they're unique strains of ancients or something then a more primordial source makes sense.

That said, it would definitely be more interesting to have non-humanoid nemeses.

I too have been thinking the logical next step after the Sisters is Infested Liches.  Though my only idea (wish?) about them is that their Kuva/Tenet weapon is part of their body and upon Vanquishing instead Converting, we rip it out of them to claim it.  So for example, the Infested Bubonico would actually be the lich's right arm, and we rip the arm off to claim it.  😈

Fass and Vome aren't going to be making any kind of accord, because the cycle of them destroying each other is literally the day-night cycle of Deimos.  DE isn't going to change this, both because it would take work to change and because it's absolutely awesome the way it is now.

Archived