Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliber Build Help

TaricTheAncient

Question

RCzbcjI.png

Wondering if there is anyway to improve my build without umbra formas?

I use white energy for Cold Damage on Exalted blade but unsure if i should use a diffrent damage type for general use.

Replaced Dash with Eclipse for extra survive and damage.

b4XVDVf.png

Any advice on how to improve this would be appreciated.

12 answers to this question

Due to how enemy resistance scales, you don't really need to worry too much about shields or health. The primary focus should be armor (for high level play).

Therefore, it's best in most cases to go with a corrosive & heat build on exalted blade. People tend to mod for corrosive on the weapon itself, with heat as the energy color damage type from Chromatic Blade augment.

When it comes to survivability, Excalibur has a decent but finite amount of health and armor. Paired with adaptation this gives a good amount of survivability but drops off at a certain point. (Just like Inaros & Chroma & others also drop off...) If you really want to survive in high level play, you will need to avoid damage, not tank it. I would suggest increasing your range and using your radial blind ability a lot to keep your nearby enemies from attacking you in the first place. 

At high level any build that relies on tanking damage will always fail compared to a build that lets you avoid damage altogether.

8 minutes ago, TaricTheHealer said:

Yeah i do the slide blind attack alot and rolling guard keep me alive when i mess up.

So mabye i should swap Vitality for Stretch?

Honestly, it's a difficult choice. Radial blind (and the exalted slide attack) use line-of-slight so they're quite limited in the typical horde setting. Other frames have better abilities that accomplish the same goal and more while also not requiring line-of-sight, and the game is balanced for those frames, not Excalibur!

My best advice would be to use a different frame altogether that better handles the modern Warframe (total horde madness instead of tactical shooter).

Exalibur is really good for missions with limited enemies all approaching from the same direction (Rescue, Exterminate, etc...) but honestly all those tactics end up failing when you have enemies approaching from all sides like in most endless missions. 

You can make it work by spamming radial blind and/or using some Helminth ability, but at high level there are about a dozen frames that can accomplish the same task while spamming E without even needing to look at the screen. Your choice to continue using an outdated frame for these tasks is admirable and I agree that in general the game itself should be balanced so that all frames are useful in endgame. But they're not. 

Excalibur in endgame basically means wiping trash mobs while other players using meta frames & weapons are both keeping you safe and clearing all the dangerous enemies. I wish it was better balanced, but it is not.

1 minute ago, Sevek7 said:

Honestly, it's a difficult choice. Radial blind (and the exalted slide attack) use line-of-slight so they're quite limited in the typical horde setting. Other frames have better abilities that accomplish the same goal and more while also not requiring line-of-sight, and the game is balanced for those frames, not Excalibur!

My best advice would be to use a different frame altogether that better handles the modern Warframe (total horde madness instead of tactical shooter).

Exalibur is really good for missions with limited enemies all approaching from the same direction (Rescue, Exterminate, etc...) but honestly all those tactics end up failing when you have enemies approaching from all sides like in most endless missions. 

You can make it work by spamming radial blind and/or using some Helminth ability, but at high level there are about a dozen frames that can accomplish the same task while spamming E without even needing to look at the screen. Your choice to continue using an outdated frame for these tasks is admirable and I agree that in general the game itself should be balanced so that all frames are useful in endgame. But they're not. 

Excalibur in endgame basically means wiping trash mobs while other players using meta frames & weapons are both keeping you safe and clearing all the dangerous enemies. I wish it was better balanced, but it is not.

I like the challenge of using a non afk frame and being probably the only one playing excaliber lategame but i do feel ya on the fact that he is alot weaker then other frames.

I'll switch cold back to heat and keep on trying things to make him be able to at least keep up with the other frames.

Such a shame the Excalibro gets no love from DE.

On 2021-08-03 at 8:57 AM, TaricTheHealer said:

Wondering if there is anyway to improve my build without umbra formas?

Use Growing Power instead of Steel Charge. Very easy to use. Proc a status on something and cast Exalted Blade. Steel Charge's 60% damage is added to base damage mods, so it doesn't do much.

If you don't mind swapping mods, then the primed Smite mods are nice. For sorties you get the same faction three times in a row and for endless missions you have the same faction the whole time. Not so useful in Sanctuary Onslaught, and mixed faction on Lua (hardly a problem).

Is using Excalibur Umbra an option?

On 2021-08-03 at 9:46 AM, Sevek7 said:

Other frames don't have Exalted Blade 😉

On 2021-08-03 at 9:46 AM, Sevek7 said:

If you don't stay too long in those endless missions (sortie versions, for example), then you'll absolutely destroy those hordes with ease. For hours of endurance I'd indeed pick a different frame (try spamming E for hours, ouch!).

16 hours ago, Thorham said:

Use Growing Power instead of Steel Charge. Very easy to use. Proc a status on something and cast Exalted Blade. Steel Charge's 60% damage is added to base damage mods, so it doesn't do much.

If you don't mind swapping mods, then the primed Smite mods are nice. For sorties you get the same faction three times in a row and for endless missions you have the same faction the whole time. Not so useful in Sanctuary Onslaught, and mixed faction on Lua (hardly a problem).

Is using Excalibur Umbra an option?

Other frames don't have Exalted Blade 😉

If you don't stay too long in those endless missions (sortie versions, for example), then you'll absolutely destroy those hordes with ease. For hours of endurance I'd indeed pick a different frame (try spamming E for hours, ouch!).

I swapped to growing power and reached MR 30 so i got me some umbra formas.

I prefer Excal Prime for extra energy and not getting screwed when i go into operator.

Also i use auto e key for melee since i do not want my fingers to die. (asked support n they said it was fine)

KpIHznX.png

Any way to make him stronger then this or is this the best it gets for extreme late game excalibur?

Looks pretty powerful. Have you given thought to the other content aside from extreme lategame? That's a lot of forma'd slots, which may get in the way of equipping alternative mods to keep the fights interesting

edit: Or have you gotten everything from the earlier content and are only focusing on extreme late game?

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Looks pretty powerful. Have you given thought to the other content aside from extreme lategame? That's a lot of forma'd slots, which may get in the way of equipping alternative mods to keep the fights interesting

Thats what my other two Excaliburs are for XD. Oh right i changed Dash ability to Empower as well.

Archived