Jump to content

Trading and playing with well yourself is forbidden and then the mobile and crossplay will happen SO?


ZeroX4
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just wonder what we will get
Forums swimming in posts "i got banned for playing on pc while joining my squad with other acc on mobile"
Or 
Will we be permitted to do it?

I have mu cousin visiting me every holiday yet i have only 1 pc at my place so playing from his mobile would be an option
I really wish me or he would not end up making someday a post like that i mention above

I could see ppl abuse it and i do believe it happens with some ppl already
But how many false bans will drop down on for example ppl that play on pc and let their younger or older family members try it on mobile WITH SAME IP
And then 1 of that account being accessed from different location falsely indicating account sharing

I mean i feel like we trading tons of posts "is/when crossplay/save possible?" for "i got wrongfully banned for joining my squad on other device/service"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the other issue will be constantly disconnection or possible bans due to the software detecting you have another application open on the phone.  I personally tend to listen to music while playing the game, so I can see it being a possible issue. However, all DE needs to do is be smart about how they implement it. And if they aren’t, we’ll do what we always do: call them out on it until it’s fixed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using an alt for an advantage is against the rules afaik, not simply "playing with an alt." What this means is, lets say you farm prime parts and sell both of them, then give all the plat to one account, you are using it to your advantage. If the plat stays on each account and each account purchases their own things, there shouldn't be a problem.

If you give your alt some mods, so it can farm prime parts and sell them then use the plat for itself to trade/buy market stuff, I don't beleive that would get you banned.

If those 2 accounts are kept seperate, i.e each one keeps its plat and spend it for itself then I don't think you would get banned. It's against the rules to share 1 account with others, not 1 device. 10 people with different accounts could all play on the same PC at different times and DE wouldn't ban them.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

I just wonder what we will get
Forums swimming in posts "i got banned for playing on pc while joining my squad with other acc on mobile"
Or 
Will we be permitted to do it?

I have mu cousin visiting me every holiday yet i have only 1 pc at my place so playing from his mobile would be an option
I really wish me or he would not end up making someday a post like that i mention above

I could see ppl abuse it and i do believe it happens with some ppl already
But how many false bans will drop down on for example ppl that play on pc and let their younger or older family members try it on mobile WITH SAME IP
And then 1 of that account being accessed from different location falsely indicating account sharing

I mean i feel like we trading tons of posts "is/when crossplay/save possible?" for "i got wrongfully banned for joining my squad on other device/service"

If it means anything, DE banned Megan from trading for a day or two because she traded with herself.

Edited by (PSN)DoctorWho_90250
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So long as it can be proven that the accounts are both actively played and that one isn't just a mule for drops, rivens, or plat then there shouldn't be an issue. Which would be easy if they aren't perpetually at mr0 and have contributed to missions.

Also it isn't like people playing in the same building off the same ip is anything new. If you want to be safe just don't continuously dump plat or rivens at them via trade for nothing in return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

I honestly think they just need to properly implement the same feature thats in the mobile app.

One active loggin on any platform at the time and poof the problem disapears ^.^ 

You didnt get me i didnt mean logging in with same acc on 2 devices
I meant using 2 different accounts to play in a same squad doing whatever

Ive seen ppl coming here accused of account sharing and banned just for (AS THEY EXPLAINED) being able to play at their grandparents house or school with same acc
I remember a guy came here after his wife got banned after she logged into her acc on his PC
I do realize things like that happen every day and no1 is getting banned
BUTTTTTTTTTT thats the whole point of this post imagine wave of false bans that will come with crossplay/save
 

1 hour ago, More-L said:

Using an alt for an advantage is against the rules afaik, not simply "playing with an alt." What this means is, lets say you farm prime parts and sell both of them, then give all the plat to one account, you are using it to your advantage. If the plat stays on each account and each account purchases their own things, there shouldn't be a problem.

If you give your alt some mods, so it can farm prime parts and sell them then use the plat for itself to trade/buy market stuff, I don't beleive that would get you banned.

If those 2 accounts are kept seperate, i.e each one keeps its plat and spend it for itself then I don't think you would get banned. It's against the rules to share 1 account with others, not 1 device. 10 people with different accounts could all play on the same PC at different times and DE wouldn't ban them.

 

And that is other part of the problem i dont need plat i cant buy anything i dont already own yet i swim in plat already
And when some low llvl friend ask me do i have relic for X prime part and if i do i rad it then trade rads with him then go do fissures
If we both get same reward i just give him that primed parts so he can sell them to get plat since they are of no value to me

So im doing exactly what you describe for them difference is that we are 2 different players

And again sharing devices not accounts what i just wrote in above reply about it

54 minutes ago, trst said:

So long as it can be proven that the accounts are both actively played and that one isn't just a mule for drops, rivens, or plat then there shouldn't be an issue. Which would be easy if they aren't perpetually at mr0 and have contributed to missions.

Also it isn't like people playing in the same building off the same ip is anything new. If you want to be safe just don't continuously dump plat or rivens at them via trade for nothing in return.

That is even more bizarre to me how to prove that?
How will i prove that on day XX i traded with my wife and not my self using my wife's mobile while she was taking a shower?
And that kind of post i believe we will see soon after crossplay/save will be live

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

You didnt get me i didnt mean logging in with same acc on 2 devices
I meant using 2 different accounts to play in a same squad doing whatever

Ive seen ppl coming here accused of account sharing and banned just for (AS THEY EXPLAINED) being able to play at their grandparents house or school with same acc
I remember a guy came here after his wife got banned after she logged into her acc on his PC
I do realize things like that happen every day and no1 is getting banned
BUTTTTTTTTTT thats the whole point of this post imagine wave of false bans that will come with crossplay/save
 

snip

Ha ! that thing. Well some people says that but honestly if those accounts don't trade with one another you should not really have any problem what so ever.

Lets be honest lets say while on vacation at your grandparents house and you play warframe with family ( thanks Vin Diesel ) technically you should not really be trading because if you play together you kinda get the same drops ( unless you are really mission a lot of mods and you short cut them and give them straight some mods).

I had lan party at my house ( long before pandemic man now i want to do another one so bad ) and we had a session of warframe et no tenno were banned and we were like 8 players ( 2 squads ).

Pretty sure that when those things happens and its not someone exploiting the system you can easily reach support to help you (yup it can take a long time )

Will we see an increase of bans ? Not sure to be honest.

Will we see a bunch of multiple complains threads and posts . Hum hell yeah i'm sure of it ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Pretty sure that when those things happens and its not someone exploiting the system you can easily reach support to help you

UUUUU you expect too much from warframe support

But well even so i or someone are not doing something against the rules and still getting falsely banned and need to prove my self while i would not have too much options to prove anything
That is problem i see in the feature but guess we will see
 

10 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

with family ( thanks Vin Diesel )

XS5LK.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're not gonna let you log on to the same account simultaneously from multiple devices. 
As for IP, I've got three people here in my house all playing with the exact same connection, which was never bannable to begin with. We're constantly trading amongst each other, too. I've logged on to my Warframe account from various locations and devices just fine. Never had any trouble when, for instance, visiting family and using my Warframe account in their house. Maybe I'm naive, but I'd assume that, once cross-progression becomes a thing, they'll especially account for the fact that people will be accessing their accounts from various devices and/or locations.
In regards to your thread title, DE will never stop me from playing with myself.

Edited by Berserkerkitten
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really depends on what you intend to do.

Log on PC with account 1 and on device 2 with account 2, then trade between the two = No go. Since it would be the same as now, which is forbidden.

Log on PC with account 1 and then on phone with account 1 aswell = No go, since your PC would likely be forcefully logged out since you cant be in two places (in the game world) with the same account. Solution two would be that the game on the second device will tell you that your login failed since you are already logged in on another device.

Log on PC with account 1 and then on device 2 with account two and then afk in orbiter on 1 and doing a mission on 2 = Go, since there is nothing forbidden with that. I could see them taking actions if you are a habitual afker and sign up for missions on both accounts and just afk, and they manage to track you to both, which would be simple if you spend the slightest real life money on each of them.

also: When games ban people for "playing" on multiple machines it tends to be based on physical distance between the two machines and the time between those logins. If say you log in from work and play, then travel home for 2 hours and then sit down to play at your home device there would be nothing odd with it. But if say you login from home and then suddenly 10 minutes leter the same account logs in 5 hours away, a red flag will be raised since it is physically impossible that it is the owner of the account logging in at both locations. That means an account sharing flag is raised, or a possible credential loss situation has occured.

So with mobile devices they'll see you get pinged at different locations as you travel, or that you are within the same vacinity as your main device within a reasonable time frame. And since there is a 2 factor authenticate there is more reason to believe it is the same person logging in from both, unless anomalies like the one mentioned above occurs.

Edited by SneakyErvin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

They're not gonna let you log on to the same account simultaneously from multiple devices. 
As for IP, I've got three people here in my house all playing with the exact same connection, which was never bannable to begin with. We're constantly trading amongst each other, too. I've logged on to my Warframe account from various locations and devices just fine. Never had any trouble when, for instance, visiting family and using my Warframe account in their house. Maybe I'm naive, but I'd assume that, once cross-progression becomes a thing, they'll especially account for the fact that people will be accessing their accounts from various devices and/or locations.

You didnt get me i didnt mean same account on different devices in same time
And im aware of siblings playing warframe from the same room with same IP and somehow no problem there
Yet i see now and then post of ppl that are banned for doing exact same thing accused of its being played by 1 person
 

54 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

In regards to your thread title, DE will never stop me from playing with myself.

XS5LK.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 6 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

And im aware of siblings playing warframe from the same room with same IP and somehow no problem there
Yet i see now and then post of ppl that are banned for doing exact same thing accused of its being played by 1 person
 

I can only speak for myself, but my partner and I have been playing since the closed beta days, in the same house, using the same connection. We trade with each other all the time. Mods, arcanes, platinum, you name it. My son joined us with his laptop using the same connection, absolutely no problems. So I dunno. Maybe we've been extremely lucky in over 8 years now, but not once has any one of us received a warning, let alone a ban of some sort. Maybe the folks claiming they've been banned over this are doing something differently, no idea.

Edited by Berserkerkitten
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I can only speak for myself, but my partner and I have been playing since the closed beta days, in the same house, using the same connection. We trade with each other all the time. Mods, arcanes, platinum, you name it. My son joined us with his laptop using the same connection, absolutely no problems. So I dunno. Maybe we've been extremely lucky in over 8 years now, but not once has any one of us received a warning, let alone a ban of some sort. Maybe the folks claiming they've been banned over this are doing something differently, no idea.

That is kind of answer i was looking for

But imagine WHAT IF you would get banned and could not prove you didnt do anything wrong?

How would you prove it was you and your son on PC and laptop and not just you?
And thats what im afraid of if my cousin come to me and we gonna play and trade crap
Only thing i could do is send photo of me and my cousin standing next to me and our phones and my PC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

In regards to your thread title, DE will never stop me from playing with myself.

Oh No What GIF by Originals

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

UUUUU you expect too much from warframe support
 

Not really to be honest but i never mentioned how much time it can take XD

Edited by trunks013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

That is kind of answer i was looking for

But imagine WHAT IF you would get banned and could not prove you didnt do anything wrong?

How would you prove it was you and your son on PC and laptop and not just you?
And thats what im afraid of if my cousin come to me and we gonna play and trade crap
Only thing i could do is send photo of me and my cousin standing next to me and our phones and my PC

To be honest, I've never given it much thought, because that situation never came up.

In our case, it would be incredibly easy to prove, though. All of our accounts are being frequently played at the same time, in the same group, for the same missions, but we also split up every now and then and everybody does their own thing while we're all on there. Pretty difficult to fake that, especially if my only goal was to use multiple accounts in order to trade with myself. I don't think it's very far-fetched to assume their support has gameplay logs, an overview of our recently played missions, loot or something to that effect.

I think it would be rather tricky to simultaneously play three accounts and have all of them run individual 60+ minute marathons. With that in mind, I cannot say how or why those other users you mentioned were banned for doing exactly that. All I know is that it never happened to anyone in my family.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Yet i see now and then post of ppl that are banned for doing exact same thing accused of its being played by 1 person

The key thing to remember about people complaining they have been banned is this they are not telling the entire story why they were really banned as to try and get sympathy from others.

3 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I think the other issue will be constantly disconnection or possible bans due to the software detecting you have another application open on the phone.  I personally tend to listen to music while playing the game, so I can see it being a possible issue. However, all DE needs to do is be smart about how they implement it. And if they aren’t, we’ll do what we always do: call them out on it until it’s fixed.

I can not see how this would be an issue on the mobile platform, when its not on the PC. I have multiple programs running always when playing WF and never once have had DE bother me, people getting banned again falls back on them failing to tell the entire story of why ie aim bots and other afk programsPlaying music in the background will hardly flag anything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Can someone show me the line of the ToS which says "players are prohibited to play with themselves" 🤭 would be a fun read 🤭

Anyway, you probably won't be able to play with the same account at the same time. Not even the Warframe app allows that. (Sadly because that's one of the reasons i have no use for the app xD)

So if you play on x device, it automatically logs you out on y device. I assume. If it can't successfully log you out on y device, x device won't be able to log in.

Read OP again
Careful this time

51 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

To be honest, I've never given it much thought, because that situation never came up.

In our case, it would be incredibly easy to prove, though. All of our accounts are being frequently played at the same time, in the same group, for the same missions, but we also split up every now and then and everybody does their own thing while we're all on there. Pretty difficult to fake that, especially if my only goal was to use multiple accounts in order to trade with myself. I don't think it's very far-fetched to assume their support has gameplay logs, an overview of our recently played missions, loot or something to that effect.

I think it would be rather tricky to simultaneously play three accounts and have all of them run individual 60+ minute marathons. With that in mind, I cannot say how or why those other users you mentioned were banned for doing exactly that. All I know is that it never happened to anyone in my family.

Actually that would only prove all your family members accs are actively played and not that 1 person at some point DID NOT control 2 accs at the same time for trading or opening relics
And here the real issue starts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 27 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

 

Actually that would only prove all your family members accs are actively played and not that 1 person at some point DID NOT control 2 accs at the same time for trading or opening relics
And here the real issue starts

Nah, man. You're not gonna play a 60+ minute run on one account and at the exact same time play a different 60+ minute run on a different account, all at the same time. If everyone was in the same group and the same missions together 100% of the time, maybe, sure. But we're not. We also solo, play different stuff independently of one another at the same time. It's really obvious and easy for anyone with log files to see we're three different people. Or maybe an octopus, who can handle playing up to three different missions at once. Not entirely sure what the license agreement says in this case.

Also, if you wanted to go REALLY overboard with this: Different spelling and grammar, different phrasing, friends, vocabulary. Like, if someone at DE was super paranoid about me just hotboxing accounts or whatever, I'd have to invent multiple personalities just to fool them when looking at chat logs. :D

Edited by Berserkerkitten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Nah, man. You're not gonna play a 60+ minute run on one account and at the exact same time play a different 60+ minute run on a different account, all at the same time. If everyone was in the same group and the same missions together 100% of the time, maybe, sure. But we're not. We also solo, play different stuff independently of one another at the same time. It's really obvious and easy for anyone with log files to see we're three different people. Or maybe an octopus, who can handle playing up to three different missions at once. Not entirely sure what the license agreement says in this case.

Also, if you wanted to go REALLY overboard with this: Different spelling and grammar, different phrasing, friends, vocabulary. Like, if someone at DE was super paranoid about me just hotboxing accounts or whatever, I'd have to invent multiple personalities just to fool them when looking at chat logs. :D


Ok i admit maybe we are not so defenseless

Other thing if support believe us but for that we just need to wait and see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not afraid if I were you because if this really bothers them then they could have long ago make impossible to create multiple accounts but then thats not generate them enough money. Usually alt accs and freshly created ones are more money catching and often getting discounts for platinum purchases. Me as who plays long ago I really got only in my first 2 year discounts since I did not get any. Also there is now option to gift items directly to others or your alt accounts because they made it possible. They do not care about how many accounts you have until you create accounts just to grab discount and trade with your mains. If you have multiple accounts separately and you use all of them normally so playing with it and not let in living dead then it is fine. They do not care how much time and money you spend on the game because they see only the profit that is why they have systems in game. They are not those devs whom will ban you for everything. Sure they could ban you for bugusing which is basically their own fault, negative plat if you find a scammer and you do no have enough money in your bank, they can ban you if you critize them with uncivilized ways or something else. Not giving here examples just saying if you have more than one it is okay, if you have 100 maybe not okay but you physically cannot play with 100 plus accs. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

And that is other part of the problem i dont need plat i cant buy anything i dont already own yet i swim in plat already
And when some low llvl friend ask me do i have relic for X prime part and if i do i rad it then trade rads with him then go do fissures
If we both get same reward i just give him that primed parts so he can sell them to get plat since they are of no value to me

So im doing exactly what you describe for them difference is that we are 2 different players

And again sharing devices not accounts what i just wrote in above reply about it

I referred to sharing devices in my last sentence.

I also was talking about if you own 2 accounts. As in, if the accounts are yours what I said is applied.

If both accounts are not yours, then you can do whatever you want with your friend/relative and 30 people using 1 pc or phone should not matter. If each account is playing the game fully during a whole mission you shouldn't have any problem. Giving your friend a prime part is not against the ToS if DE see that yours and your friends account does its own thing some of the time, then I doubt anything will happen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, More-L said:

I referred to sharing devices in my last sentence.

I also was talking about if you own 2 accounts. As in, if the accounts are yours what I said is applied.

If both accounts are not yours, then you can do whatever you want with your friend/relative and 30 people using 1 pc or phone should not matter. If each account is playing the game fully during a whole mission you shouldn't have any problem. Giving your friend a prime part is not against the ToS if DE see that yours and your friends account does its own thing some of the time, then I doubt anything will happen.

Nah i have only 1 acc 

I just dont trust warframe system of detecting abusive behavior
For years looking at forums filled with ppl claiming they got fals banned for whatever reason i have regional chat off i dont do LONG missions not to get banned for possibly abusing drops i dont trade for big amount of plat i try to avoid many many things that could get me in trouble
And now i see we will have feature that open new possibilities of getting banned for just playing the game
And yes i know im going ahead of myself but i really wish me or my cousin or any1 be falsely banned for being accused of playing multi acc at same time and have no means to prove it
Maybe its too much but imagine if that would somehow happen to you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...