Dog Days Ephemera Floats Away

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hello Tenno,

While the water wars ended on June 25th, we hope you enjoyed donning your inner tubes with the Dog Days Ephemera and repping the beach across the Origin System.

Today at 4 pm ET, we will be popping inner tubes and removing the Ephemera from player inventories until the return of this Tactical Alert. See you next year Tenno and make sure to make a splash when Dog Days launches again.

So bring the Fish Ephemera you promised for Hydroid Deluxe
You also had the opportunity to bring this ephemera with the arrival of Yareli, but you didn't do that
Hydroid, Ivara (and now Yareli) deserve a worthy aquatic ephemera.

• Like 6

It's been said time and time again, but we should get a "seasonal cosmetics" toggle in the options menu.
That way, we can have the best of all worlds:
1. People that don't like the seasonal items and believe they break immersion can disable them completely.
2. People that like them but only during their respective seasons can also have an option to do so.
3. People that want them all year round could have the cosmetics without giving anything up and having to refarm / repurchase them.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Please consider this article regarding the long-term use of immersion-breaking cosmetic items. The angel wings ephemera is also annoying 🦋

I've read this and can only come away with: "Why would you want to hide other player's cosmetics?"

There's a lot of content in the game besides these cosmetic items that break immersion, pushing for an option to toggle just seems like censoring to me, especially when probably thousands of people have built their fashionframe around these permanent items. 

In counter to this I should just add "Give us an option to hide every other player's fashionframe, make them all Default Excaliburs", cus that's essentially what it is.

I can't understand in what universe would DE do such a thing. 

• Like 1

giant ridiculous angel wings that completely break the art style: this is fine
a torus: get rid of this thing it should be event exclusive

how about we stop removing event cosmetics when the event ends
keeping the angel wings around shows it makes no difference at all so you might as well keep the pool donut, bunny ears, pumpkin head, etc

temporary cosmetics are honestly pretty lame

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

I've read this and can only come away with: "Why would you want to hide other player's cosmetics?"

There's a lot of content in the game besides these cosmetic items that break immersion, pushing for an option to toggle just seems like censoring to me, especially when probably thousands of people have built their fashionframe around these permanent items. 

In counter to this I should just add "Give us an option to hide every other player's fashionframe, make them all Default Excaliburs", cus that's essentially what it is.

I can't understand in what universe would DE do such a thing. 

Because some people just don't like them. There are many reasons given, like breaking immersion or that they get in the way. Why should someone be forced to see these cosmetics if they think it degrades their experience?

Players can already tone down teammate VFX. Players can already mute teammate Octavia songs. Being able to hide silly cosmetics would be no different.

And if there's a way to hide them, then they don't ever need to be taken away. They can always be permanent for the people who want to build fashionframe around them, and be hidden from the people that dislike them. It's a win/win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sonhadora said:

So bring the Fish Ephemera you promised for Hydroid Deluxe
You also had the opportunity to bring this ephemera with the arrival of Yareli, but you didn't do that
Hydroid, Ivara (and now Yareli) deserve a worthy aquatic ephemera.

I don’t think that was a promise. Just something they said they’d try to work on and maybe get added.

Literally just let us keep it and then reintroduce it next year for people who missed it. You've done the same thing with the easter ephemera, bunny ears, AND the moustaches and I do not get why. 

Yet when we have custom color pallets for specific holidays/events, those stay. Why can't we keep the ephemeras like we keep the pallets and such? Feels like a backhanded offering and it really removes any incentive to make players want something if it's just going to be taken away from them. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno, please have no fear! We will be brining it back next year. We have always said that this was a temporary Ephemera to celebrate the Tactical Alert. 

Have there been any talks about letting all "seasonal" cosmetics (pool donuts, pumpkin heads, moustaches, etc) return during all seasonal events, rather than being restricted to the corresponding annual event? For example, moustaches being wearable during christmas, and pumpkin heads being wearable during easter?

Team Fortress 2 has a system where all "seasonal" cosmetics do not disappear from players' inventories, but are simply invisible when equipped unless a seasonal event is active (or unless it's a full moon in real life). This way, players can set up cosmetic loadouts full of wacky seasonal gear, and use them during full moons and holidays, without conflicting with the art direction during most of the year. I feel like Warframe could benefit from something similar!

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 5

I value that you want to keep event things special.. but youve already released all the event weapons, went back and made the rift sigal obtainable again, we can have bats and angel wings all year round. Is this just some ploy to get out of doing any extra work each year by just recycling the same old stuff each time? Because im goin to be honest here, even free to play mmo's have better events and they actually let players keep the fun things they earned. 

If you wanted to keep the games integrity you wouldnt have released octavia, yareli, kdrives, fishing and mining, animal conservation, pets, tentacle guns, half the tennogen items, railjack, archwing or half the other things in game thats different from the original "vision" and that stray away from the corridor cover shooter we had

• Like 1

Thirded. They know the complaints will come every time they remove some seasonal things and not others without consistent reasoning. Publik's solution could prevent many PR headaches down the road, and provide the best of all worlds for all players.

• Like 4