Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your most used Helminth ability, on what frame, and why?

Tesseract7777

23 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Thrall pact is additive with Serration while Roar is multiplicative. Diminishing returns with Galvanized Status and Arcanes compared to Roar and is only limited to Primaries.
Putting Roar on Rev and priming with Viral means you can one shot any enemy, thralled or not with like 250%+ str. Also you could stack Thrall Pact and Roar for that matter.

You can already one shot level 9999 enemies with Revenant without needing Roar...

Well I don't really use the system, most of the abilities I would want to put on my frames aren't available.

If I had to guess what one I've used the most, that'd probably be my Vauban. I gave him Octavia's rollerball thing. He's Grineer themed with the Graxx skin, so having a pet rollerball on call seemed fitting. I didn't really do it because of any functional need, I just thought it'd be fun. Turns out it actually worked pretty well, charming enemies helps him stay alive pretty well and if you use the augment you can lure them into his vortexes.

After that, I put Protea's dispenser on a few loadouts. Again not because of any particular need but I just thought it was fun to have infinite archgun ammo on a few frames.

2 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Comparison for total damage dealt to enemy should be   (1 + 1.5x)/(1 + 0.3x)^2  - 1  in the end if I'm not mistaken.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Roar doesn't apply twice.

If it did, I should see my counter increase with Roar vs without it.

Without Roar: 817 damage
With Roar: 1062 damage
1062/817 - 1 = 30%. No applying twice.

So many of my frames run eclipse, its a nice simple damage bonus that, when a mod slot is available, turns into a very good supportive ability for making those lich runs or steel path missions that much easier for my friends.

Though, like many, I initially threw roar on a lot of frames too for similar reasons, I now only run it really on two frames, equinox, one of my favorites, as peaceful provocation's 70-80% power strength buff mostly cancels out the debuff it gets. It turns them into a nice multi-purpose frame, with my two favorite things, buffing and damage output. Roar's also pretty good on protea, if planned out with their passive.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My favorite subsume is energized munitions on Mesa replacing her 1. It just makes sense on her and should've been her native ability. She a frame that materializes ammo out of her finger tips. Of course she should be able to do it for any weapon. 

Out all the abilities in this game, I think ballistic battery is the one I've used the least. Energized munitions feels like she has 4 abilities again. 

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

If I had to guess what one I've used the most, that'd probably be my Vauban. I gave him Octavia's rollerball thing. He's Grineer themed with the Graxx skin, so having a pet rollerball on call seemed fitting. I didn't really do it because of any functional need, I just thought it'd be fun. Turns out it actually worked pretty well, charming enemies helps him stay alive pretty well and if you use the augment you can lure them into his vortexes.

22 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I'm using Vial Rush (from Lavos) on Frost instead of his "2" (Ice Wave) - it's not about efficiency or making the frame better overall, but mostly about style. This skill looks good on Frost, is related to his theme and adds some badly needed mobility to him.

I love these ideas because they are immersive and lore-appropriate. Thanks for sharing 😸

1 hour ago, nslay said:

But why? I know very well that his 4 is bad, but it's still useful for emergency nuking in interception and defense-like missions.

And then you have Thrall Pact which is like Roar for primaries... I don't see the benefit of roar on Revenant.

Thrall Pact only applies to primaries and wastes a mod slot. It also requires you to actually stop and cast enthrall and at times you get squat out of it since your AoE weapon wipes out the thralls with the rest of the enemies (which would be all the time with my current zarr setup). I rather cast Roar each 30 sec for 70% extra damage or so instead of having a skill I barely ever use. It also improves his twirly jig beams of doom for those 30 seconds.

I'm using Vial Rush (from Lavos) on Frost instead of his "2" (Ice Wave) - it's not about efficiency or making the frame better overall, but mostly about style. This skill looks good on Frost, is related to his theme and adds some badly needed mobility to him.

4 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I did that too. My unwritten rule is that the ability should make sense for the frame. Vial Rush is a great alternate move for Frost and stays within theme. 

Someone mentioned Vauban with a rollerball, that's a good one too.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Without Roar: 817 damage
With Roar: 1062 damage
1062/817 - 1 = 30%. No applying twice.

Yeah you got 1050 damage on 2 with and without Roar. Probably because Bane mods dont apply to her 1.  Cant have nice things.

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Well I don't really use the system, most of the abilities I would want to put on my frames aren't available.

After that, I put Protea's dispenser on a few loadouts. Again not because of any particular need but I just thought it was fun to have infinite archgun ammo on a few frames.

Definitely going to have to try that on my Vauban now, that sounds like a lot of fun. ^_^

There are so many cool ideas in this thread, I especially like the ones that fit thematically, or pull of some interesting little combo someone came up with. 

There are so many possibilities and this thread is just touching the surface of how many things you can do, but its really cool for inspiration. I've been wanting to mess around with my different frames more and try more Helminth combos for fun to freshen them up lately, and I want to do a lot of thematically cool things for fun. 

Just now, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Honestly that is one of the reasons I don't dabble much in the system, thematically the abilities don't really match most of the time so I avoid them.

I just can't use an ability if I feel it doesn't fit the theme. For example, Larva is incredibly popular, but due to how gross and infested it looks to me, I don't feel it really fits on ANYONE but Nidus, MAYBE Inaros could use it because he's kind of gross too with a bug/scarab theme, but I won't use an ability if it doesn't fit either. 

That's why for Vauban like, Dispensary sorts of fits because its deployable, but its not really a trap. The Rollerball charms enemies, and its a deployable, so it feels like a Vauban trap, Spectrorage sounds like it fits, its a trap that damages enemies in a hall of mirrors sort of, so I like that. I've been trying to think of cool thematic things for him especially I love the rollerball idea. 

I'd use Larva more but you have to build for so much range just to get it to its unnerfed stats that it's almost not worth it.

Like, I wanted to shloop enemies into my max range mag's bubble, but with the nerfed range it doesn't really have much more reach than the bubble does. Sad times. Don't know how that got nerfed but Gloom didn't. (Note to DE: plz no nerf Gloom)

46 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Wanna say I appreciate all the people in this thread that go for themes over utility/power.

Replaced Mesa's 1 with Warcry so she would be a samurai gunslinger. Wanted to use the Skiajati with Blind Justice stance so she could be a blind samurai gunslinger, but not a fan of that stances combos so went with the Tatsu instead. Which I think looks better slung over her shoulder next to her Tigris Prime.

Have Hydroid using the Ketos helmet armed with Pulmonars for a Fishman of the Deep using Fishman Karate. Because Call of Cthulhu/One Piece crossover. Replaced his 2 with Molt for the status effect removal and to provide a nice decoy/distraction so he can get close and drag them down to a water death. When I get around to farming another Nekros I'll replace his 2 with terrify and try a max range hentai horror build for mobile defense and Interception missions.

Frost I replaced his 1 with Elemental Ward(Cold) because Ice Armor on Frost, and it helps make him and his snow globes more tanky.  Once I finish feeding Gauss to my ship I'm going to try replacing his 2 with Thermal Sunder and see how that works out.

25 minutes ago, DemonHoundRider said:

Replaced Mesa's 1 with Warcry so she would be a samurai gunslinger. Wanted to use the Skiajati with Blind Justice stance so she could be a blind samurai gunslinger, but not a fan of that stances combos so went with the Tatsu instead. Which I think looks better slung over her shoulder next to her Tigris Prime.

Have Hydroid using the Ketos helmet armed with Pulmonars for a Fishman of the Deep using Fishman Karate. Because Call of Cthulhu/One Piece crossover. Replaced his 2 with Molt for the status effect removal and to provide a nice decoy/distraction so he can get close and drag them down to a water death. When I get around to farming another Nekros I'll replace his 2 with terrify and try a max range hentai horror build for mobile defense and Interception missions.

Frost I replaced his 1 with Elemental Ward(Cold) because Ice Armor on Frost, and it helps make him and his snow globes more tanky.  Once I finish feeding Gauss to my ship I'm going to try replacing his 2 with Thermal Sunder and see how that works out.

I love all your themed ideas! 

I'm loving all the responses in this thread. People have such creativity. 

Spellbind cause every enemies and their mothers in the game has ability to knock you down and Prime Surefooted is locked behind 400 day login. On Corpus tile set every turns have camera lasers, so much so that the only place with least amount of camera is spy vault. Ancients have homing hooks.

The one that feels the most natural is spectrorage on Vauban. I have it on pretty much all the time, I wish I could rename the frame to Vauban O'Gara by now. With the spectrosiphon augment, it's a permanent energy printing / cc factory with vortex pulling everything into the siphon. Plus the rotating mirrors add to the disco party atmosphere when you have the vortex and tether grenades out. Max out range, don't mind low strength as you or anyone else can just shoot at the ball in the middle for kills.

Otherwise, Fire Walker on Grendel. Because when my fat plague marine shows up at relic cracking, they all laugh at me and ask if I need a headstart. Little do they know that I have Fire Walker and sprinting/parkour mods on and that all I'm here for is to shame them in arriving after me at extraction. I'm not Grendel, I'm Usain Volt!

Gloom and Smite (Infusion) are probably my most frequently added abilities. Gloom on Oberon and Umbra is stupid fun. Smite (infusion) is great for adding rad damage to enemies and using it as a better Mind Control on priority targets (since enemies hit by smite are given super high threat). Breach Surge on Oberon is fun too, especially if you add in Pax Seeker. You get to become the king of the Will-o-the-Wisps.

But my most frequently USED ability? Thermal Sunder on Limbo. It's absolutely insane. Especially with Rift Torrent. Thermal Sunder is also really really fun with Nezha, especially if you get a good Chakram throw.

Archived