Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's Thralls Buff

Shade_Kaname

I know DE is quite not too hefty on giving buffs but I believe as someone who mains Revenant that his thralls need just a small fix, Its quite annoying when people just kill my thralls just because they CAN, I personally wish that his thralls should be like Nyxs' mind control ability but instead where only Revenant can kill the thralls until the duration of his ability ends. Especially with AoE Weapons/Warframes being popular most people often kill the thralls on accident even with communication with a team just for that reason. It honestly feels like my energy is wasted every time I press 1 on my keyboard because of how OFTEN it happens where they just die and the thralls aren't able to do anything at all. Please DE make it so only Rev can kill his thralls until the duration ends otherwise please, I genuinely feel like I'm just spewing out energy because of how often people kill them on accident

Thralls are supposed to die. And since they’re made out of actual enemies it’s going to stay that way.

the only way for the ability to be made unkillable by teammates is by completely changing the Thralls into something else like let’s say summonable vomvalysts. And at that point why not just completely rework the ability so then Revenant would atleast be halfway to being actually Eidolon themed.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

the only way for the ability to be made unkillable by teammates is by completely changing the Thralls into something else like let’s say summonable vomvalysts. And at that point why not just completely rework the ability so then Revenant would atleast be halfway to being actually Eidolon themed.

First generation thralls summon pillars on death that spread the CC. There's already a system in play that (A) plays into the thralls being supposed to die while (B) helping to keep the thrall army persistent. No need for a rework there, particularly not since the thralls fit Revs vampire theme.

8 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

First generation thralls summon pillars on death that spread the CC. There's already a system in play that (A) plays into the thralls being supposed to die while (B) helping to keep the thrall army persistent. No need for a rework there, particularly not since the thralls fit Revs vampire theme.

Revenant shouldn’t even have a vampire theme in the first place. There is literally a quote in the game that he is a “Warframe infused with the powers of the Eidolon” not vampires. So even the game itself is saying there shouldn’t be vampire powers on Revenant.

And considering the fact that people are still asking for Thralls to be changed even after the mechanic was put into place for the damage pillars to fire off those enthralling projectiles I’d say that they literally don’t do enough.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant shouldn’t even have a vampire theme in the first place. There is literally a quote in the game that he is a “Warframe infused with the powers of the Eidolon” not vampires. So even the game itself is saying there shouldn’t be vampire powers on Revenant.

And considering the fact that people are still asking for Thralls to be changed even after the mechanic was put into place for the damage pillars to fire off those enthralling projectiles I’d say that they literally don’t do enough.

People are asking for reworks for pretty much everything, so that's no explanation. But yes, as you say, he is a vampire.

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

People are asking for reworks for pretty much everything, so that's no explanation. But yes, as you say, he is a vampire.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
At no point did I say he was a vampire. If you want to completely ignore the game itself telling us that Revenant isn’t supposed to be a vampire you can do that (it’s ill advised but you can), but don’t put words in my mouth.

And amongst all the Revenant threads. His Thralls dying to squadmates is the most common complaint even too this day. This thread is proof of that. The fact that even people who defend Revenant admit that they don’t like that squadmates can kill Thralls is proof of that. This has absolutely nothing to do with feedback and rework ideas for other frames.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

At no point did I say he was a vampire. If you want to completely ignore the game itself telling us that Revenant isn’t supposed to be a vampire you can do that (it’s ill advised but you can), but don’t put words in my mouth.

200.gif

I didn't say you said he was a vampire, don't put words in my mouth. I said he's a vampire, as you say. And you said it as such:

12 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

By the way, there is is nothing in the game telling us that Revenant isn't supposed to be a vampire. That's just your personal interpretation.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And amongst all the Revenant threads. His Thralls dying to squadmates is the most common complaint even too this day.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Thralls are supposed to die. And since they’re made out of actual enemies it’s going to stay that way.

20 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

This discussion is going nowhere at breakneck speed.

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

200.gif

I didn't say you said he was a vampire, don't put words in my mouth. I said he's a vampire, as you say. And you said it as such:

By the way, there is is nothing in the game telling us that Revenant isn't supposed to be a vampire. That's just your personal interpretation.

This discussion is going nowhere at breakneck speed.

I’m not getting into your whole quote stacking, argument bundling shenanigans again.

The facts still stand. The game itself says that Revenant is supposed to be a frame with Eidolon powers. And there’s no way DEs going to give a frame an ability to make 7 enemies completely unkillable, that has troll potential written all over it. The only way to fix the issue is to make the ability to function off of controlled enemies. Hence my suggestion of making it summonable Vomvalysts that provide more thematically fitting utilities for Vomvalysts. Thus also pushing Revenant closer to being the Eidolon themed frame the game says he’s supposed to be.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The facts still stand. The game itself says that Revenant is supposed to be a frame with Eidolon powers.

Having X powers does not exclude a frame from having Y powers. Revenant's Eidolon powers does not exclude him  from having Vampire powers. Revenant has both.

And there’s no way DEs going to give a frame an ability to make 7 enemies completely unkillable, that has troll potential written all over it. The only way to fix the issue is to make the ability to function off of controlled enemies.

And that's what they did. Killable enemies and automatic control of new ones when below the cap. Problem already solved. I could've just quoted myself from earlier, but you don't seem to like it that my previous argument stands.

Thus also pushing Revenant closer to being the Eidolon themed frame the game says he’s supposed to be.

Nah, the thralls fit his Vampire theme.

6 hours ago, p_silveira said:

@Perfectly_Framed_Waifu trust me, don't bother going down this argumentative hole of Revenant's supposed "theme". Look up any Revenant thread in the Forums and you'll see why. 

I'm well aware, and I find it hilarious.

On 2021-08-05 at 4:32 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I'm not asking for a rework, I just want Revenant to be able to do what he's SUPPOSE to which is OHKO'ing enemies with his 1,3 combo but he can't due to the fact that others are "accidently" able to kill his thralls, I don't see an issue with thralls only being accesible to Rev it only benefits him in the long run because thralls are considered allies it doesn't hurt anyone really for rev to be like that in my opinion, At this point if I press 1 Im wasting energy because someone just sees the thrall as an "enemy" and shoots it just because even if you ask, Its wasted energy. I just want revenant to be able to play like he's designed to not a press 2 and shoot guns character and occasionally press 4 

9 hours ago, Shade_Kaname said:

At this point if I press 1 Im wasting energy because someone just sees the thrall as an "enemy" and shoots it just because even if you ask, Its wasted energy

Have you tried running a mix of Duration and Range in your Rev build? If you bump up both, the thrall army will sustain itself for a good while even if they're killed. Hell, in my build, I sometimes shoot the first thrall immediately myself, just to get a pillar!

+1 to the OP. Revenant is the only one who gets any kind of benefit from controlling and killing his own thralls, thus he should be the only one who can do it.

In the meantime, I recommend waiting to use Enthrall on enemies until after they get stunned by your Mesmer Skin. Enthrall costs no energy when cast on enemies stunned that way.

Pretty much. I always find Revenant pretty sluggish when it comes to team play since he needs his thralls to spread the status to more enemies before he can start reaving people up, and by then the rest of your Bramma/Zarr wielding teammates have already killed an entire map worth of enemies, leaving you none to have fun with. I mainly use him for his mesmer skin and his disco ball because it seems to be faster in team situations. When soloing though, Revenant is one of the most fun frames there is.

On 2021-08-05 at 6:37 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And there’s no way DEs going to give a frame an ability to make 7 enemies completely unkillable, that has troll potential written all over it.

That implies DE hadn't learned from their mistakes, nullifying them as counting as active targets similar to Nyx's Mind Control.

All DE would need to do is make sure that no thralls count towards things like defense objectives. Suddenly, Revenant can't troll.

5 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

That implies DE hadn't learned from their mistakes, nullifying them as counting as active targets similar to Nyx's Mind Control.

All DE would need to do is make sure that no thralls count towards things like defense objectives. Suddenly, Revenant can't troll.

And what about frames that require enemies for their abilities to work, like Garuda?

theres a big difference between letting 1 enemy be made unkillable and letting 7 be unkillable.

Also, what are you revenant players complaining about to begin with? It’s not like you weren’t also planning to kill the Thralls too. It’s just that your squadmates are going to do it a lot faster than you.

On 2021-08-06 at 10:52 PM, Shade_Kaname said:

I'm not asking for a rework, I just want Revenant to be able to do what he's SUPPOSE to which is OHKO'ing enemies with his 1,3 combo but he can't due to the fact that others are "accidently" able to kill his thralls, I don't see an issue with thralls only being accesible to Rev it only benefits him in the long run because thralls are considered allies it doesn't hurt anyone really for rev to be like that in my opinion, At this point if I press 1 Im wasting energy because someone just sees the thrall as an "enemy" and shoots it just because even if you ask, Its wasted energy. I just want revenant to be able to play like he's designed to not a press 2 and shoot guns character and occasionally press 4 

Sounds more like you’re just upset that frames are better at killing the enemies than Revenant is despite him have a one shot.

And people say I’m crazy for calling the gimmick trash. If players are casually wiping out your Thralls before you can even Reave them then perhaps the gimmick is nowhere near as good as you all claim it to be.

19 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:
On 2021-08-05 at 9:37 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And there’s no way DEs going to give a frame an ability to make 7 enemies completely unkillable, that has troll potential written all over it.

Plus they already don't count as enemies for Defense rounds to end. Have been like this for at least a year, probably much more. At this point I don't know if the people who use this argument of "potential trolling" are uninformed or just baiting.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And what about frames that require enemies for their abilities to work, like Garuda?

What about them? They can still do their thing with other enemies, and honestly it's not like it's Revenant's player problem anyway. I need/want my Thralls alive, and it's not like anyone in the squad gives a f*ck, so it should go both ways.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also, what are you revenant players complaining about to begin with? It’s not like you weren’t also planning to kill the Thralls too

lesplcn.png

I prefer my Thralls very much alive, thank you.

9 hours ago, p_silveira said:

Plus they already don't count as enemies for Defense rounds to end. Have been like this for at least a year, probably much more. At this point I don't know if the people who use this argument of "potential trolling" are uninformed or just baiting.

What about them? They can still do their thing with other enemies, and honestly it's not like it's Revenant's player problem anyway. I need/want my Thralls alive, and it's not like anyone in the squad gives a f*ck, so it should go both ways.

lesplcn.png

I prefer my Thralls very much alive, thank you.

If you want a damage buff to your primaries don’t use one of the worst possible augments for it. Problem solved.

On 2021-08-10 at 8:24 AM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

theres a big difference between letting 1 enemy be made unkillable and letting 7 be unkillable.

Also, what are you revenant players complaining about to begin with? It’s not like you weren’t also planning to kill the Thralls too. It’s just that your squadmates are going to do it a lot faster than you.

What about Garuda? What's stopping them from going out and finding other enemies that aren't enthralled to use their abilities on?

And there's not a big difference. Nothing changed fundamentally between Nyx and Nekros.

Yeah, I probably would kill my thralls, but are you forgetting about the synergies that the other abilities provide when interacting with thralls? Mesmer Skin gets charges back when Reaving them, and Danse Macabre drops overshield buffs when killing thralls. Can't get those buffs if someone kills the thralls first.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

If you want a damage buff to your primaries don’t use one of the worst possible augments for it. Problem solved.

Not a reason to let teammates kill thralls and not you.

At the very least, the augment should grant friendly fire immunity.

28 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

What about Garuda? What's stopping them from going out and finding other enemies that aren't enthralled to use their abilities on?

And there's not a big difference. Nothing changed fundamentally between Nyx and Nekros.

Yeah, I probably would kill my thralls, but are you forgetting about the synergies that the other abilities provide when interacting with thralls? Mesmer Skin gets charges back when Reaving them, and Danse Macabre drops overshield buffs when killing thralls. Can't get those buffs if someone kills the thralls first.

Not a reason to let teammates kill thralls and not you.

At the very least, the augment should grant friendly fire immunity.

Ok say they go off an find a different enemy but oh no Revenant ran up and enthralled that one now too. What you’re asking for is enabling the ability for Revenants to troll. And do you really want to give me more reasons to hate him?

Nyx takes a currently existing enemy. Nekros takes enemies that have already been killed. That is a significant difference.

Getting Mesmer charges with Reave is the same as killing them with Reave. And why do you care about overshields since you and everyone else overhype Mesmer skins 100% DR? Don’t need shields when you can’t take damage, right? So don’t know why you’re putting any value onto his ability to create overshields.

Or maybe making the ability that is infamous for being non-existent when squadmates are around into a weapon buff based on it existing was a terrible idea?

At the end of the day this is still you guys complaining that your “Godly S tier Warframe” is getting outpaced by people just casually shooting their guns. Maybe instead of trying to desperately cling to this frames terrible designs over a function that is showing to be practically useless, you just accept that Revenant fails to function in a squad and needs major overhauls.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I'll let you know when I need/want your opinions on which mods I should or should not use in my gameplay. This thread's objective is not it, clearly.

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok say they go off an find a different enemy but oh no Revenant ran up and enthralled that one now too. What you’re asking for is enabling the ability for Revenants to troll.

We both know that in any mission you'll have more than 7 concurring enemies at a time, which we also both know is the limit of Enthrall. So this is absolutely not a reason not to give thralls friendly fire invulnerability.

And do you really want to give me more reasons to hate him?

I highly doubt OP or the other commenters had you in mind when making this thread.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nyx takes a currently existing enemy. Nekros takes enemies that have already been killed. That is a significant difference.

In the end they're both enemy units with a Tenno faction label slapped on, some visual effects, and maybe some buffs. Same thing in the end.

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Getting Mesmer charges with Reave is the same as killing them with Reave

Apparently you either didn't read or chose to ignore this part:

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Can't get those buffs if someone kills the thralls first.

Which is the point of the thread. Thralls should have friendly fire invulnerability from the rest of the squad.

3 hours ago, p_silveira said:

I'll let you know when I need/want your opinions on which mods I should or should not use in my gameplay. This thread's objective is not it, clearly.

We both know that in any mission you'll have more than 7 concurring enemies at a time, which we also both know is the limit of Enthrall. So this is absolutely not a reason not to give thralls friendly fire invulnerability.

I highly doubt OP or the other commenters had you in mind when making this thread.

In the end they're both enemy units with a Tenno faction label slapped on, some visual effects, and maybe some buffs. Same thing in the end.

Apparently you either didn't read or chose to ignore this part:

Which is the point of the thread. Thralls should have friendly fire invulnerability from the rest of the squad.

You want to pick a bad build to support your guns that’s your decision. But don’t go getting upset when it doesn’t work out. You know that squadmates kill Thralls, you should be 150% aware that trying to use their augment reliably in a squad is not going to work out.

That revenant could kill one of his Thralls then run up to enthrall the enemies his squadmates are trying to use for their abilities.

Literally everyone else expect OP has argued with me about Revenant in the past. I doubt I don’t come to mind to any of them any time they see a Revenant thread be posted.

No the difference is one is still very much an enemy that’s just under a temporary alliance to you, while the others might as well be completely separate units. When Shadows of the dead ends they don’t go back to being normal enemies.

You Reave a thrall to get a Mesmer charge. Reaving a thrall is Revenants 1 shot gimmick. Me “not reading something” doesn’t change that fact. Reave insta killing a thrall still gives you a Mesmer charge.

And again. As I said. Making Thralls unkillable can lead to trolling. Because this literally just boils down to you guys being upset that your squadmates are killing the enemies faster than you are. And you think the viable solution to that is just give Revenant a way to make enemies unkillable to his team mates. Because apparently only Revenant is allowed to get kills.

My suggestion is to just replace the Thralls entirely with summonable Vomvalysts. That way Revenant gets some semi-permanent companions  that aren’t comprised of enemies so there’s no issue of them being killed by squadmates. And no way for Revenant to troll his squadmates by trying to be a kill hog. And there’s the additional bonus of that change getting him 1/2 way to being Eidolon themed.

I doubt I don’t come to mind to any of them any time they see a Revenant thread be posted.

Oh yes. But in my case it's more of a "when is that rando gonna come here ruining yet another Revenant post to the ground making it another discussion about his supposed "theme" and that horrible rework suggestion again?". I have a feeling many feel the same.

No the difference is one is still very much an enemy that’s just under a temporary alliance to you, while the others might as well be completely separate units. When Shadows of the dead ends they don’t go back to being normal enemies.

So the difference is that in one case the "Tenno Faction" label has a timer, in the other it doesn't. Big difference.

And again. As I said. Making Thralls unkillable can lead to trolling

Because? You say that time and time again but fails to deliver a valid reason for it every single time. I'm still waiting.

You Reave a thrall to get a Mesmer charge. Reaving a thrall is Revenants 1 shot gimmick. Me “not reading something” doesn’t change that fact. Reave insta killing a thrall still gives you a Mesmer charge.

Charge which you cannot get because the thralls are all dead. Which they wouldn't be if they were immune to friendly fire, which is a great suggestion.

My suggestion is to just replace the Thralls entirely with summonable Vomvalysts. That way Revenant gets some semi-permanent companions  that aren’t comprised of enemies so there’s no issue of them being killed by squadmates. And no way for Revenant to troll his squadmates by trying to be a kill hog. And there’s the additional bonus of that change getting him 1/2 way to being Eidolon themed.

Yes yes, we all saw that rework thread of yours and this post isn't about it , so it can as well stay dead and buried for as far as this thread is concerned.

13 hours ago, p_silveira said:

Oh yes. But in my case it's more of a "when is that rando gonna come here ruining yet another Revenant post to the ground making it another discussion about his supposed "theme" and that horrible rework suggestion again?". I have a feeling many feel the same.

So the difference is that in one case the "Tenno Faction" label has a timer, in the other it doesn't. Big difference.

Because? You say that time and time again but fails to deliver a valid reason for it every single time. I'm still waiting.

Charge which you cannot get because the thralls are all dead. Which they wouldn't be if they were immune to friendly fire, which is a great suggestion.

Yes yes, we all saw that rework thread of yours and this post isn't about it , so it can as well stay dead and buried for as far as this thread is concerned.

If you don’t think Revenant has a theme issue you’re just wrong. It’s not some conspiracy theory that vampires and Eidolons are not the same thing and that making an Eidolon Warframe into a vampire makes zero sense.

No, it’s more that Shadows have more in common with something like Atlas Rumblers due to the fact that they don’t revert to being an enemy upon the ability ending. They are a summonable minion, not an enemy directly converted into a minion.

Ok let’s take Nidus’s larva as an example. After AOE weapons became the norm Nidus players were complaining that squadmates were killing the enemies he pulled in with his larva. The prominent request was for DE to make any enemy grabbed by Larva unkillable to everyone but the Nidus who cast it. Well that creates the problem of Nidus being able to jump into a room, cast Larva and completely deny everyone there from getting a kill. That’s not good for a multiplayer game. So DEs eventual solution was to still let the enemies be killed but give a % chance of an enemy killed like that granting a stack. That way the Nidus and the squadmates still get what they want.

The suggestion to make Thralls unkillable to squadmates falls under the same line as what would happen if larva make enemies unkillable. It would do nothing but breed toxicity because the Revenant won’t let anyone else kill but him. And the idea of going the same route with Enthrall as they did with Larva and giving it a % chance to say get a Mesmer charge back doesn’t work because then you turn Revenant into a frame who can sustain himself off other peoples efforts. And that promotes AFKing.

You get a charge from Reaving a thrall. Regardless of whether or not that kills the thrall. At no point did I mention squadmate interference regarding that interaction.

Still not going to address being called out for just being upset that your one shot gimmick is being rendered irrelevant by simple guns?

If you don’t think Revenant has a theme issue you’re just wrong. It’s not some conspiracy theory that vampires and Eidolons are not the same thing and that making an Eidolon Warframe into a vampire makes zero sense.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread except you who cares about that theme discussion electric boogaloo yet. I know for certain I don't. And it isn't the topic of the thread, if discussing that is your objective I suggest you either find a thread where this topic is pertinent or make a new one yourself.

No, it’s more that Shadows have more in common with something like Atlas Rumblers due to the fact that they don’t revert to being an enemy upon the ability ending. They are a summonable minion, not an enemy directly converted into a minion.

Shadow is a re-spawned enemy with a Tenno faction label timer and some buffs/debuffs. Rumblers are their own thing, with their own set of stats and abilities, whereas Shadows use the same base stats (with buffs/debuffs depending on Nekros's build) and abilities as the enemies Nekros killed. That makes thralls way more alike to shadows than to Rumblers. End of that.

Ok let’s take Nidus’s larva as an example. After AOE weapons became the norm Nidus players were complaining that squadmates were killing the enemies he pulled in with his larva. The prominent request was for DE to make any enemy grabbed by Larva unkillable to everyone but the Nidus who cast it. Well that creates the problem of Nidus being able to jump into a room, cast Larva and completely deny everyone there from getting a kill. That’s not good for a multiplayer game. So DEs eventual solution was to still let the enemies be killed but give a % chance of an enemy killed like that granting a stack. That way the Nidus and the squadmates still get what they want.

Except Revenant can't enthrall 20 enemies at a time and in a second, everyone knows he is limited to 7 and it takes at least some seconds before he can reach max number. So this potential argument about "potential trolling" on invulnerable thralls just rolls out the window as well. By the way, the discussion here is about Revenant, not Nidus or Garuda (which you brought earlier), it's about Revenant.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The suggestion to make Thralls unkillable to squadmates falls under the same line as what would happen if larva make enemies unkillable. It would do nothing but breed toxicity because the Revenant won’t let anyone else kill but him.

Still waiting for an argument to prove that this would happen. Based on the last topic in this response, it doesn't.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Still not going to address being called out for just being upset that your one shot gimmick is being rendered irrelevant by simple guns?

OP didn't even mentioned that gimmick. I mean, I really don't care  if you like or hate it and it isn't the topic here either. The topic here is that people want to keep their thralls around for their reasons (not pertinent if they're good or bad tactics, it's their gameplay), and the fact that they die to friendly fire makes that nigh impossible. Keep to the topics at hand in the thread, or go make another thread about them if you so want.

Archived