Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Mutation With Other Weapon Equipped

NikolaiLev

Currently, if you have a pistol ammo mutation and equip your primary, you will stop converting ammo.  This doesn't really make sense, as it necessitates you switch to your pistol to convert ammo (even though your primary would never need those other ammo drops).

So, ammo mutation should continue to work for your other weapon even while unequipped.  It ought to go something like this.  Say you have the above situation (pistol ammo mutation) and a rifle with no mutation:

When your rifle is equipped, rifle ammo should go to the rifle first, and then get converted to pistol ammo if it's full.  Shotgun and sniper ammo, however, should always be converted to pistol ammo.  When your pistol is equipped, it should work as it does now.

If you have ammo mutations on both weapons, it should work like this:

When your rifle is equipped, all ammo should go to the rifle unless it's full, in which case it should go to the pistol.  Vice versa for holding the pistol.

TL;DR Having to switch weapons to convert ammo is obnoxious.

Are you sure it isn't converting ammo?

I've ran out of pistol ammo and switched to rifle. When I switched back after a few minutes my ammo was full, despite little to no pistol ammo drops.

Yah I am sure of this too I tested it and got annoyed because I had to switch back to my rifle to fill ups its ammo

then, how to solve the fact that you can have a primary and secondary weapon with ammo mutator mod?

they did it to solve this dilemma

this

It doesn't convert pistol ammo if you have your primary equipped tho, everything else will go towards your primary, and the pistol ammo will still go to your secondary. this also happens in reverse

Are you sure it isn't converting ammo?

I've ran out of pistol ammo and switched to rifle. When I switched back after a few minutes my ammo was full, despite little to no pistol ammo drops.

Absolutely sure.  I made the post just after I realized this was the behavior.  In case this is a specific bug, I use a Spectra with rank 3 Pistol Ammo Mutator.  At the time I was using a Burston with no ammo mutator, but I'm fairly certain no primaries convert ammo while equipped.

this

It doesn't convert pistol ammo if you have your primary equipped tho, everything else will go towards your primary, and the pistol ammo will still go to your secondary. this also happens in reverse

If you have ammo mutations on both weapons, it should work like this:

When your rifle is equipped, all ammo should go to the rifle unless it's full, in which case it should go to the pistol.  Vice versa for holding the pistol.

I don't know why people dislike reading the entire original post.  I didn't think it was that long.

Edited by NikolaiLev