Fun guns

zingertoe2

Question

24 answers to this question

2 hours ago, zingertoe2 said:

What I mean by fun is just what guns do you use that you enjoy. They don’t have to be particularly good. Those are just the weapons i could think off the top of my head.

If you need to know anything about warframe forums, is everyone here have and will stick to their own opinions. It's outright impossible to agree on something in here.

What's fun for some of them, will absolutely not fun for you.

With that out if the way, I agree with Taric. Fun for me is effective, ignis (wraith) absolutely destroy everything on normal starchart, I don't even have to aim. (Kuva) zarr would be my pick for sp.

Honorable mention phantasma because it sounds like bayonetta's hell spider summon (phantasmaraneae)

3 hours ago, zingertoe2 said:

what guns do you use that you enjoy

AoE goodness is hard to pass up on for me, so e.g. Acceltra, Kuva Tonkor / Ogris, Tenet Envoy,
Sporelacer, plus not least good ol' Staticor see somewhat frequent use,
maybe Secura Penta when I feel nostalgic, used the regular one quite a bit back in the day.

To complement that, I like my other gun to be a non-AoE rapid-fire one,
e.g. Kohm, Rattleguts with Pax Charge, Tenora Prime, Twin Kohmak, maybe TWO GRAKATA for the lulz
(also still gotta get and try out Tenet Diplos / Tetra).

For Frame-specific setups, it's hard to not have fun with Mirage plus (among many other options) Primary Sporelacer, quite the FPS killer :D
Slap Secura Dual Cestra on there as well and hope for either gun to get a 0 ammo usage corruption buff in Fissures. Glorious.

9小时前 , zingertoe2 说:

So i’ve been playing for awhile and i just can’t find any guns that are fun for me. I’ve tried Ignis, proboscis cernos, rubico, and hema.

How do you define "fun"? Semi-auto? Full auto? Grenade Launchers? Shotgun? Any specified playstyles?

All people here have their own definition of "fun" and what is fun for them, may not be your cup of tea. You have to ask yourself that question before asking which gun is "fun" in your world.

But still, what's fun for me are:

Convectrix - Any enemy touched that beam dies

Phage - I just enjoy seeing a lot of procs going on in this weapon because of its high riven disposition (means multishot) and high base multishot as well.

Battacor - I built this weapon so that its a hybrid grineer corpus killer, the weapon itself is mediocre tho

Kuva Bramma - boom

Kuva Tonkor - this one is also strong but not as braindead as kuva bramma does, maybe yes if its stacked with mirage with energized munitions or other insane damage buff abilities.

Kuva nukor - yea, I enjoy seeing lots of status procs going on

Catabolyst - I really like the idea of doing actual useful stuff on reload instead of just releasing shockwaves like basmu does (it seems like a shockwave to me uhhhhhh)

Epitaph - yes

Ballistica prime - This one is also mediocre but it serves a place for me to destroy liches. Maybe epitaph could do it a lot better but sometimes its just cool seeing some gimmicks going on, like turning enemies to allies (decoys tbh) on killing them.

Lato Vandal - Once again, this gun is not only just mediocre, but its hard to get as well. However with a riven (which i believe its less than 50p) it does cool as a classic semi-fire pistol.

3 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Define what you mean by "fun gun", then we can talk about it. Otherwise the only thing you get is "try all of them"

What I mean by fun is just what guns do you use that you enjoy. They don’t have to be particularly good. Those are just the weapons i could think off the top of my head.

As others have said its difficult to recommend anything without knowing what your preferences are, the weapons you listed are quite broad :)

All of the weapons from Deimos are really fun in my opinion, combination of good sound effects, cool weapon models, and most if not all of them hit like a truck.

As for me, my current favourites are:

Exergis - very satisfying to use and with Mag's 2, it utterly shreds

Catabolyst - corrosive-based beam secondary with a wacky reload mechanic (who doesn't like throwing explosive bladders?)

Tenet Diplos - very potent dual-wield auto pistols with a great sound profile, it's like creating your own drum 'n' bass track

I'm usually not fan of explosive weapons but since I turned my Shedu into a gattling missile launcher I had a lot of fun. While there are other weapons with better blasts (and blasts that go through walls) I really like the guaranted impact proc once the magazine is emptied (which happens on average every 2 seconds): even things I can't damage are stunned and they don't end up setting up an alarm (or worse a lockdown).

And as an added bonus despite focusing of area blast and fire rate it's still fairly decent for most of the content. Maybe not enough for Steel Path, but ESO, sorties, Veil Proxima are fair game

10 hours ago, Dualice said:

As others have said its difficult to recommend anything without knowing what your preferences are, the weapons you listed are quite broad :)

All of the weapons from Deimos are really fun in my opinion, combination of good sound effects, cool weapon models, and most if not all of them hit like a truck.

As for me, my current favourites are:

Exergis - very satisfying to use and with Mag's 2, it utterly shreds

Catabolyst - corrosive-based beam secondary with a wacky reload mechanic (who doesn't like throwing explosive bladders?)

Tenet Diplos - very potent dual-wield auto pistols with a great sound profile, it's like creating your own drum 'n' bass track

I understand that but I personally don't know what type of weapons I like. I know I dislike bows
Thank you everyone

17 минут назад, zingertoe2 сказал:

What I mean by fun is just what guns do you use that you enjoy.

Well. There are several factors playing in this case. One is how it looks to shoot. I particularly enjoy shooting people with a disco-ball on a string, that will be a primary kitgun called "Dubstep Gun".

Amprex also falls under this, cause

Ra4S.gif

Corinth is also fun cause shotguns always are. Considering recent new war teaser gameplay it will probably become a very popular gun. Mutalyst Cernos cause farting bow, Stug for meme value if nothing else, Ignis cause it's a god damn flamethrower, Kohm, Zarr, Lenz, Soma, Supra, the list goes on and on.

ballistica prime, every time you use a charged shot to kill an enemy it summons a ghost of it that enemy to fight for you.

that kind of fun ?

Cedo shotgun is also a fun one, it has a secondary fire bouncing projectile that flies around the map hiting everything.

Fulmin, not supposed to be viable at higher level content but I love that it basically a shotgun that uses rifle mods and can switch between rifle and shotgun modes

Try Trumna, it is the one weapon where they managed to get heavy explosives on board without the gameplay transforming into a boring mindlesse plastering the walls and ground with unaimed shots of destruction while running through the mission with closed eyes.

Personally I really get a lot of enjoyment out of... the Cedo, Kuva Ogris, Lenz. As far as Warframe often being able clearing large groups of enemies. These weapons let me see damage numbers around walls and corners, and there is something satisfying about that to myself. That being said, I am also a big fan of the sound design and feel of the Tenora Prime, the Phantasma, Corinth Prime and the Convectrix. They have satisfying and unique sound direction, are decently powerful, and rumble a certain way.

Honourable mentions as far as personally fun guns, go to Epitaph (alternating between its two fire mode) Tenet Arca Plasma, (rebound mechanic), Tenet Envoy (the homing aspect), Tigris Prime, Exergis (both for oomph feeling) also really like the Lanka, just its not always practical to bring in in random missions. 

Good luck on your journey to fun guns! Its not actually a gun... but Stropha is a Gunblade lol... so if that counts, I also love that and the Redeemer! 

I really enjoy the early Lato, as it’s just such a solid little sidearm. Fires fast, reloads fast, feels good for hipfire. I’ve forma’d mine twice so far trying to get it up to level 110 enemies, and will probably forma it a few more times since it’s falling short at the moment (the new arcanes’ll be a nice addition). Maybe it’ll never make it, who knows 😋

Aside from that I really like the Harpak and its harpoon alt fire. Lets me stealthily yoink enemies out of a group so I can finish them off, and just in general displacing enemies is a fun thing.

Then there’s the Argonak, with its two different firing modes and chunky sound design. The Zenith has it beat when it comes to damage for a similar mechanic, but I’m fine with that. Just means I need to sacrifice a little more flexibility on the Argonak at higher levels; Zenith’s got nothin’ on that crunchy shooting sound, and is a little less graceful to switch between modes than the Argonak (also the innate damage distribution is a little different; Argonak tends towards more impact)

Love the Buzlok too; wooshing past a group of enemies and beacon tagging the Ancient or whatever in the middle, then keeping my distance while bouncing around and knowing nearly every shot will hit as long as I aim in the target’s general direction. At the moment it seems to be suffering a bug or something though, and tracer shots don’t seem to be landing 😕

Lex Prime is a nice secondary that truly embodies the “Hand Cannon”; with its great accuracy, slow firing speed and powerful soundwork, and high damage, I feel like I’m shooting the very essence of puncture damage into the heads of enemies, and that lovely crunch sound when a headshot is nailed just adds to the sense. I use it as my sniper-like gun when I’m running something close-mid range as a primary.

And I have so many more guns, grenade launchers, bows, and whatever the Miter is to learn about 😅

On 2021-08-04 at 6:32 AM, Darth_Predator said:

Define what you mean by "fun gun", then we can talk about it. Otherwise the only thing you get is "try all of them"

OP doesn't have to try all but the all categories and with unique features.

14 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

And I have so many more guns, grenade launchers, bows, and whatever the Miter is to learn about 😅

I think officially it classes as a "charged rifle".

It's in a much better space than it used to be - actually Mag + Miter has been my main Steel Path loadout for a while. Charged shots have innate 2.5m punch-though, which means they whizz around hitting targets multiple times inside Magnetize (second ability) bubble. Mod it for status, multishot and ideally a crit chance riven (5/5 disposition!), and it'll shred even Steel Path mobs like lettuce. It's been pretty fun, seeing other players' reactions when they realize I'm using a Miter to top the DPS chart 😅

14 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I really enjoy the early Lato, as it’s just such a solid little sidearm. Fires fast, reloads fast, feels good for hipfire. I’ve forma’d mine twice so far trying to get it up to level 110 enemies, and will probably forma it a few more times since it’s falling short at the moment

obviously Orokin liches cannot come fast enough. Dax Lato would be a fine way to reconnect the early game experience to the end game.

the most "fun" gun in the game for me is the cedo.

i mostly just like seeing all the fireworks, but it doesnt hurt thats its pretty effective against single targets...and is really effective for spreading status effects.

honorable mention goes to primary sporelacer, and the trumna.

as for secondaries.....i personally dont see any reason at all to ever use any secondaries other than the kuva nukor or tenet cycron.

Archived