Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NSW Nightwave: Nora’s Choice

06f6ef4fc914c24a180d1ddf9171a52b.jpg

Nightwave: Nora’s Choice launches today at 2pm ET!

Greetings Dreamers,

It’s time to tune into Nora’s latest program, Nightwave: Nora’s Choice, is coming to all platforms today at 2pm ET! 

Nora’s Choice brings back a slew of classic Nightwave Rewards while adding exclusive new items into the mix, like the Ride The Wave Glyph and the mesmerizing Waveform Ephemera.

Take on Daily and Weekly Acts to earn Nora’s Choice Cred that you can redeem for exciting Customizations! Or choose to spend it on an assortment of other items that will give your Arsenal a healthy edge.

General Nightwave Changes

• Added Harrow Crucis and Yareli Physalia Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.
  • Corrected the ‘Feed The Beast’ Nightwave Weekly Act to award the proper 4500 Standing.

Changes:

• Increased Vastilok Punch Through from 1 to 1.3 and fixed it using the wrong (old) Combo Multiplier (i.e at 40 hits the multiplier will be 3.0 not 2.5).
  • On-Call Sisters will no longer clone targets when using Soul Punch and said Shadow Clones no longer have drop tables, as this leads to exploitive gameplay.
  • Hound Null Audit Precept now triggers more reliably. Previously it would only trigger if the current target was an Eximus, it will now target a nearby Eximus in range even if they aren't the current target.
  • Changed how the /dnd Chat command functions to be a toggle, allowing either an Enabled or Disabled state, instead of always setting ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode to enabled. Before you would need to /normal to undo it. 
  • Updated respective Riven Challenge descriptions to indicate “Shield Restore consumables” as opposed to “Shield consumables”.
  • Added Helminth Ability videos to the Helminth screen.
  • Sister Hound’s Repo Audit Precept will no longer affect downed players.
    • This fixes downed Clients losing their weapons for the rest of the mission after an enemy Sister Hound activates its Repo Audit.

Fixes:

• Fixed the Steel Essence 5 minute despawn timer not functioning after you’ve moved a certain distance away. 
  • Fixed a game lock that would occur for newer accounts when trying to customize their Landing Craft.
  • Fixed missing Context Action for the Chimera Quest if it’s initiated right after The Sacrifice Quest completion. 
  • Fixed a game hang/crash that could occur on the Clan interface. 
  • Fixed a game hang/crash that could occur on the Railjack Salvage menu.
  • Fixed a game hang/crash that could occur on player Transmissions.
  • Fixed a crash occurring when interacting with a dead Specter ‘Follow’ Context Action after a Host migration occured during a Sister Railjack showdown.
  • Fixed case of Sister/Kuva Lich not spawning when using a Requiem Ultimatum, which also consumed the item.
  • Fixed the "JOIN ANY CREW" button in the Railjack Star Chart allowing you to join a Kuva Lich or Sister showdown mission, which resulted in an error message if you do not have a proper Kuva Lich or Sister.
  • Fixed (another case) Hosts keeping their goods after aborting the Lich showdown mission once their Lich has been Converted/Vanquished.
  • Fixed not being able to swap Polarities on Sentinel weapons.
  • Fixed Wisp Reservoirs not functioning while Yareli is on Merulina.  
  • Fixed Tenet Envoy missiles striking a Null bubble becoming stuck and orphaned in the air.
  • Fixed Lavos' waist vials missing both their glass and contents.
  • Fixed the Oull Requiem not being Chat Linkable or in the Codex.
  • Fixed Hound Diversified Denial Precept showing a revive prompt on mini-Hounds for Clients.
  • Fixed numerous Cambion Drift spawning issues:
    • Fixed Enemy reinforcements would wander aimlessly instead of trying to storm you.
    • Fixed Deimos Genetrix not spawning multiple waves of enemies or enemies at all.
    • Fixed Deimos Tendril Drones spawning too frequently.
  • Fixed Helminth Kubrow puppy not correctly appearing as a Helminth puppy. 
  • Fixed seeing custom Warframe Ability HUDs while playing Lunaro.
  • Fixed outdated loading screen tips related to Parazon Mercy eligibility. 
  • Fixed a typo in the Elite Crewmates traits description of "Zekti" instead of "Zetki".
  • Fixed a script error when Hacking with the Tactical Menu open.
  • Fixed a script error that could occur when using Transference next to a Volt Electric Shield with the Transistor Shield Augment equipped. 

That sounds pretty interesting! Are there any new Nightwave challenges, or is that a surprise for when it returns later today?

I thought of these back before Season 3 ended:

On 2021-01-11 at 6:35 PM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Reference of all the current / past Nightwave challenges: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nightwave/Acts

I had organized each of these in their own categories! What do you think?

Daily:

• Terminator    (1,000 to 1,500 Standing)

• Destroy a Necramech in an Isolation Vault or Arcana bounty. Doesn't matter what level it is, or how you defeat it!

• The Stars Align    (1,000 to 1,500 Standing)

• Pick up or otherwise obtain any 3 Cyan or Amber Ayatan stars. Randomly dropped ones from containers or mission / bounty rewarded ones work!

• I'm actually somewhat surprised this wasn't thought of already! I still think it'd be an interesting little addition to the daily challenges!

• Decipher the lock    (1,000 to 1,500 Standing)

• Open the vault during an Isolation Vault bounty.

Weekly:

• Test Drive    (4,500 Standing)

• Kill # (500?) enemies while Piloting a Necramech.

• This involves your own Mech / Mechs you find in missions, any kill made by them via any damaging attack should work (Even the little Melee slap!).

• Looking back on this, it is pretty similar to the "Heavy Ordnance" challenge. So perhaps this one isn't necessary.

• Cleanup Duty    (4,500 Standing)

• Capture any 6 creatures in the Cambion Drift.

• Any 6 different creatures may do. Including different subspecies!

• Helping the Family    (4,500 Standing)

• Complete any 6 bounties in the Cambion Drift.

• Naturally this involves any bounty on Deimos! Be it Isolation or Arcana vaults, or regular bounty missions!

• Chip off the ol' Block    (4,500 Standing)

• Mine 6 Rare Gems or Ore in the Cambion Drift. May or may not be referring to Otak.

• Deimos Fisher    (4,500 Standing)

• Catch 6 rare fish in the Cambion Drift.

(Just thought of this today!)

• The Lost Ayatan    (4,500 Standing)

• Find an Ayatan Sculpture for Maroo. May or may not be an Indiana Jones reference.

Elite Weekly:

• 'Old War' Style    (7,000 Standing)

• Kill # (1500?) enemies while Piloting a Necramech.

• Basically an Elite version of Test Drive! Also references one of my favorite quotes from Father :)

• Looking back on this today as well, it is similar to the "Kill Shot" challenge. Even so, I do like the name for this idea at least!

• Enlightenment    (7,000 Standing)

• Kill the Zealoid Prelate.

Aside from Nightwave challenges, I'd imagine a lot more fixes are coming for various things in the next major update (Be it Crossplay or The New War), if not hotfixes. Hopefully things are going alright for you & everyone else at DE!

58 minutes ago, (NSW)TipTop9903 said:

On the PC Hotfix 30.5.5 that got these changes and fixes, there was a fix for the Galvanized mods not functioning on all weapons. Are we not getting that in this update? Or is it just not listed in the notes? Or did I miss it in another update? 

This fix involved some code changes, meaning it has to go through Cert.

We'll be adding it to our next Cert build - we'll share that info when we have it!

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

This fix involved some code changes, meaning it has to go through Cert.

We'll be adding it to our next Cert build - we'll share that info when we have it!

Actually that brings up another (Somewhat relatable) question;

I remember reading somewhere that Wukong's Clones / Equinox's other simultaneous form cannot trigger the Galvanized mods or benefit from them, but what about Mirage's Hall of Mirrors? In a sense they're just copying her exact movements, but it might be a bit detrimental to use her Hall of Mirrors in case her duplicates "steal kills" (For lack of a better term) from her accidentally. Same thing for the Arcanes; I tested her Hall of Mirrors yesterday with a R5 Secondary merciless, but kills made by one of her duplicates didn't trigger the Arcane.

• Even considering the close proximity of her duplicates' guns relative to her actual weapon, is it also intended that Hall of Mirrors cannot benefit from the Galvanized mods / Arcanes, nor trigger them? Could / would it be a fair idea to suggest giving the clones / other abilities only 50% of the total accumulated damage, perhaps? Based off of their own stacks or the Frame itself :)

In the interest of fairness toward the clones / simultaneous-form abilities of other frames, I do think it's fair that HoM doesn't work either for it, but it just seems like it could be harder for Mirage to maintain / begin the buffs if she uses Hall of Mirrors in the process (Largely due to how her duplicate's gunfire is right next to hers, although careful aim may help I suppose).

I was just wondering about this for a little while, so I would like to learn a bit more about that.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Still can't unbind Waybounds, nice to see it not getting fixed in this update.

This is exactly what I've been waiting for, and I'm disappointed that it wasn't included this round. My millions focus and brilliant shards have been sitting there staring at me for a while.

Archived