Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1.

But still random, so you can spend hours playing veil void storms and get nothing.

Make it so you always get holokeys, and just divide the rewards by 3.

I know of the old saying "never play in patch month", but I concur with many other posters here: getting keys retroactively for at least all killed/converted Sisters would be a good move.

Now some feedback on the acquisition changes themselves. I'd much rather see the Holokeys in the actual endless rotation tables. These are pretty bad right now and in need of some serious changes. Ash and Ambassador parts in C rotation, redundant rewards in form of Endo and Railjack parts, Riven Slivers when they exist as common Requiem Relic reward. Anyone looking at the tables should see this immediately.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

Our Sisters of Parvos Update launched earlier this month, and was quickly followed by TennoCon 2021. We Hotfixed a lot of essential things before we held our event, and we’ve had ample time to read feedback, review stats, and see how players are engaging with all things Proxima regions. The feedback has been great, and we intend on making a change to Corrupted Holokeys.  

When it comes to introducing new avenues for gear in Warframe, our intention is always striking a balance of recognizing all players ‘start from 0’ when it comes to new systems. In the case of Tenet Melee weapons and Corrupted Holokeys, there are two things in play - 4 day inventory rotations, and Corrupted Holokey acquisition. Because of the 4 day rotation, we agree that the Corrupted Holokey acquisition can be increased so players have an easier time earning them while they play, and also connect them more to the Sisters of Parvos.

Corrupted Holokey Changes: 

• In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

• Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

See you in the next few weeks with these changes on all platforms, Tenno!

I think the drop rate being the main problem can be somewhat fixed by adding more place to drop it. Having sisters dropping one is a nice step, but more can be added such as

- Chance to drop from killing corrupted enemies

- Breaking asteroids in sector under void storm (one holokey or two might get stuck on the rocks when the jump failed because why not?)

- Chance to drop from shooting (closing) fissures appearing on foot mission (that pockets of void energy that explode when you got near it)

So there's more place to get holokeys and easing up the need to hope to get them from end of mission reward

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

I hope we will get retroactive holokey reward from Vanquished/Converted sisters. I already maxed all of my tenet weapons and collected all of the ephemeras.

eh. it's not a perfect solution, corrupted holokeys are still a pain to deal with due to dilluted drop chance and long missions.

s t i l l, while the matter of "I spent 15 minutes and got no progress done" is not fixed, at least you've dropped the amount of times it takes for RNG to drop enough keys for a tenet weapon to 4, down from 7.

Overall, I don't think I can complain too much. it is still a dull and annoying grind, but at least it can now be done in almost half the time. so that's something.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

With this change I would assume this is how you have always felt the system should have worked, therefore I would suggest compensating players 1, 2 or 4 Corrupted Holokeys to players for every Sisters of Parvos they have defeated. Why? Because theres a lot of players who have already done all the sisters they intend to do and so this would give them the Corrupted Keys that you'd probably agree they should have gotten from the start.

1 Corrupted Holokey would be a minimum compensation assuming every player defeated their sisters alone and 1 is better than none, right?

4 Corrupted Holokeys would be a maximum compensation assuming every player defeated their sisters in a full squad, even those that did do them solo for speed.

2 Corrupted Holokeys would be an inbetween compensation giving players an amount somewhere between the expected reward of doing them solo and doing them in a full squad.

Thank you for addressing the Corrupted Holokey farm.

Unless you compensate for the time everyone has spent into it already, you are basically advertising to not play anything new in your game, because you fail do understand that too much grind = less people wanting to even attempt it, does warframe not have enough content to make your grinds chill and players wanting to play the game? or do you just have no idea how to improve warframe at this point.

Drop amount in veil change is nice with Sister addition but it does compound the issue that only veil voidstorms are worth running

Having all voidstorms drop 2 keys 100% every run would diversify relic cracking instead of just running axi. Being in the veil is already good for affinity, mk3 railjack parts (endo) and credits it doesn't need more incentive.

Wouldnt mind glast having 3 versions of each weapon but you only get to take 1. still waiting on a toxin grigori to come round

OR, move sevagoth and epitaph to holokey shop, remove holokeys from void storm drop tables and bring back Void traces WITH their duplicate protection

And THEN make void keys drop as 4 per voidstorm GUARANTEED in Veil, 3 in Saturn, pluto and neptune, 2 in Earth and Venus.

Seriously.. Holokeys destroyed Void storm's rewards, Holokeys ARENT EVERGREEN AT ALL. You get the MR fodder, weapons, then you do not need holokeys anymore. Void traces are needed so long as new primes are being released.

This workshop just ignored all the feedback and said "Here's a few more of this non evergreen reward that you all don't like"
And ONE for a sister of parvos? Nice, I get one (1) holokey per 3 hours! Amazing. Absolutely incredible. that's got to be per stab or increase it to 10.

Players: Complain that Corrupted Holokeys farm are utterly wasting their time.  

DE: Gives out ONE. ONE single Holokey. Atop of an average of 1-1.5 hours Sister grind. And forces you to share (?) Sisters to get...wait for it...FOUR KEYS. 

FOUR KEYS. That needs you to find other players that have their sister in RJ confrontation phase. Which is VERY, VERY rare given most players have now completed their Tenet weapons, fused them to 60% and collected every Ephemeras.  

Oh, they also boost the drop amount! 6 to 10! That's 4 more on the hardest Void Storm difficulty!  

WITHOUT BOOSTING THEIR DROPRATE SO YOU CAN STILL PLAY 10 TIMES AND GET PERFECTLY ZERO HOLOKEY. ON THE MISSION WITH LONGEST NATURAL PLAYTIME IN THE GAME. AND YOU STILL CAN'T FARM THIS ON ENDLESS MISSIONS LIKE SURVIVAL BECAUSE SCREW PLAYERS, LET'S MAKE THIS END OF MISSION GRANT ONLY.

Maybe do it better, DE. More farming =/= more engaging gameplay.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Corrupted Holokey Changes: 

• In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

• Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

See you in the next few weeks with these changes on all platforms, Tenno!

I really dislike how point #1 punishes (I hate that word but it is the best to describe it) solo players. Why not simply make it 4 keys as a bonus reward when the mission is done. There mom, equal for all the children, even if they like to play alone.

Point #2 just doesnt solve the issue. The yield per drop isnt the issue, the issue is the drop chance itself, either due to some bug or naturally. RNGsus is a fickle b, we need more Lootcifer in our life, so increase the drop chance for a more consistant farming experience. 10 keys are as many as 6 keys if neither pile size actually drops. You could also drop it back to 6 and just add 2 keys as guaranteed rewards for a mission. That way you could get between 2 and 8 in a run.

Also, why doesnt the survival/defense rotations reward holo keys?

Archived