Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

1.. killing a sister gives you 1 holokey.. 1 hahahahahahahahahaha

did you miss a zero there? because then at least I would be insentivised to actually do this as group content if I get a tenet melee weapon out of it

10 would be a bit too much as sisters drop. But then again, the veil void storms will drop 10. Or, you could make it drop 2 - 4 per players sister killed/converted to incentivise non-solo/squad sister confrontation.

I appreciate the proposed changes, except for the reward difference of solo vs 4 players. For me, fighting the sister is the only enjoyable part of the whole nemesis system, and doing the final showdown in public means a visual clutterfest where everybody is shooting blinding AoE and no one knows what's happening, but thanks to a 100% chance there is a cheese banshee sonar in the group...bum, lich is dead in few seconds. Did i contribute? Who knows. For this reason i always played the showdown solo, but now you are asking me to choose between actual fun and a substantial reward. Not encouraging if the two things are mutually exclusive.

20 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Just remove Sevagoth from the drop table, add him to the holokey shop while expanding the shop with evergreen offering like Relic packs for those that maxed those weapons.

+1

What about:

Showerthought:

Holokey

A corrupted decryption key dating back to the founding of the city of Corposium. Millions of these Holokeys were lost to the Void when Parvos Granum's flagship was bombed. Strongly desired by Ergo Glast.

Why not give it a Harrow & Toroid treatment: any Corrupted Corpus unit that's being spawned along with the Fissures or in the Void region has a small chance to drop a Holokey.

Hmm, this won't fix the main problem here, which is RNG/drop chance... I recently ran several different missions for almost 2 hours straight without a single drop. I actually have better things on my mind to waste my precious time with than that... So, instead of simply granting a certain amount at the end of each mission (the most obvious and logical solution, by the way) and adjust the weapon cost accordingly, we get another sub-par bandaid, that won't change anything for those not blessed by RNG. DE listening to player feedback in 2021... Give me a break!

21 hours ago, Kylo. said:

Seems like whenever some bad new system like this is introduced it's best to not play it, wait a month and then play it.

I mean, liches in general still aint even 1/100th the gameplay (and "starchart connection") it was pitched at after being swapped from clan based kingpins. Stapled together they can maybe make up for what a single Shadow of Mordor uruk has in terms of gameplay effect once the latched on weapon and ephemera farm are excluded.

This system would have been fine at release. But your most devoted players have already farmed all of the Sister/Lich weapons - in some cases multiple times over. The addition of holokeys to the Sister/Lich farm doesn't help those who have already completed that farm. They are still left farming Void Storms with horrible drop rates. Tenet melee will still be a hard pass from me. 

sorry DE but this still isnt good enough. the 10 keys is a good start, but the 4 day rotation is still awful.

it means if you want a weapon with a certain bonus element you'll have to wait on average 2-3 weeks. And if someone gets somewhat bad luck they could be looking at a month+ of just waiting.

They should really be a daily rotation.

Please stop such objectionable update mode, seriously. Since the Kuva Lich update, almost all the first version of major updates were terrible. Drop rate designs are unacceptable.  Period of time after each update, a so-called burden reduction update is launched. If this happens occasionally, nobody complain, but the fact is this happened almost after all the major updates. It is disrespectful to all players who have spent time farming before the burden reduction update. This situation also highlights your current failure to the design of game content.  

I know this comment is very impolite, but I really can't stand such an update mode. Why not release a more acceptable version at the beginning instead of make a burden reduction update after 1 month? Please test your game before release it. 

I'm really disappointed with this change. It goes in the right direction, but not nearly far enough - like all those others before me I can only repeat: TONE DOWN THE RANDOMNESS!

Again, it shows the devs do not play their own game, or have actually studied the theoretical background of game theory; the idea of "well, 37% sounds good already, let's increase the drop yield and everyone should be happy" is so far from gaming reality as to be ludicrous. Go learn some stochastics. Go study bell curves. Go and learn to calculate probabilities over time in repeated experiments, and see what the tail end of the normal distribution can turn out to be (how many players do you want to experience the worst case scenario? do you actually have any idea what the worst case timewise is?). Tweak the algorithm behind the probabilities instead of trying to influence the result by increasing the - still randomized - yield.

Oh, and please do some actual dry runs with the actual algorithm used in-game, since many, many of the bug reports and complaints seem to point at a RNG that falls way out of standard normal distribution.

Maybe have a Holokey drop from sisters on each Parazon takedown attempt, much like how Kuva drops from Liches?

1 drop for each level of the sister up to 5 and then 1 drop on the final fight. That way you could get 6 per complete sister wipe, assuming you get them to level 5.

Just an idea, thought I'd put it out there.

On 2021-08-04 at 9:59 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

[...]we’ve had ample time to read feedback, review stats, and see how players are engaging with all things Proxima regions. The feedback has been great, and we intend on making a change to Corrupted Holokeys.  

Seriously? The feedback was "too less (amount) are dropping"? I highly doubt ... no, actually we ALL know what the exact problem was: The "37,5%" drop rate, which is in reality less than 10%. I had a farming session of 4 bloody hours and only got 12 keys. Are you kidding me?

I've had 24 sisters so far..and I dunno 20 liches too..not getting great drop rates on the ephemera either. Out of the 24 sisters.. only 2 had them...I'm a tad burnt out and wish thia holokey was already in place at the beginning....to compensate the crappy drop rates so far..oh well.

The problem isn't how many holokeys you get whenever they do happen to drop, the problem is that most of the time, void storms drop no holokeys at all.

It'd probably be better if you made it so that void storms had 100% chance to drop anywhere between 1 and 10 holokeys or something along those lines, and so you make the RNG impact how many holokeys you get at the end of each void storm, as opposed to just making it so that most void storms reward no holokeys at all. This way, you never feel like you're just wasting your time.

Why dont you guys just make it a guaranteed drop at void storms? Increasing the number of drop is useless when the drop rate is terrible. I have been doing void storm since the update and i only got 24 so far and yes i do veil missions. Its just so terrible when you spend alot of time in the veil and you dont see the holokeys as reward. 

1 minute ago, Jitsuryoku said:

They probably finished the change within an hour of thinking of it.

Normally tech companies bundle changes when there are lots of them so that end-users don't have downtime (in our case client restarts) every 15 minutes.

Personally I don't know anyone who would say "goddamn DE" if they did a hotfix to change to the mentioned holokey drop.

Could we also have some way to ensure we don't get dropped into a ship held together with duck tape? This is extremely frustrating. I understand not excluding players from game modes—that's a good thing—but this goes beyond that.

If a greenhorn were to somehow wind up in Steel Path Mot (something that isn't possible!) it's not a big deal. I imagine most players that can get to Steel Path Mot can solo it reasonably well; one additional person is not going to ruin the experience.

Just about anyone can buy a Railjack from the cashshop. Even then, it's not hard to do the quest now. It's also not hard to properly equip your Railjack either, however in my experience, the majority of the players don't. So unlike the under geared player in SP Mot (which again can't happen) you can easily find yourself on someone else's junker of a Railjack. As far as I can tell, Railjack is the only game mode where someone can automatically ruin your experience. The closest other example is endless Fissures (mostly Excavation) where someone brings a nuking frame and goes HAM, preventing people from properly cracking their relics. However, even then, that's an ACTIVE problem as opposed to a PASSIVE problem.

It's possible to form parties in the LFG channel, but when I've had a long day or am stressed, the last thing I want to do is deal with that. I just want to hop into a mission. If there were more missions where you didn't have to leave your ship, I could solo these things, but the missions are designed in such a way that you really need two at least two people: one to remain in the ship and one to pilot the ship. I've solo'd these before but bouncing between ship and away team sucks. Also, this is a multiplayer game. I don't care if I'm carrying my team, I still want a team there.

It would be really nice if I could set something to ensure I'm host. That seems like the simplest fix. Another would be to host switch to another player if that someone else has better stuff on their ship. Or maybe just swap out a T1/T2 part with a T3 part based on squad number (if squad member 2 and T2 stuff, and 3 have T3, it goes to T3 for that part). Both of those two fixes seem hard to implement and potentially glitchy. We already have a bug that prevents people's own battle mods from working when they aren't host.

The other option I see is to somehow prevent people with junkers from going into higher tier zones which seems counter to the spirit of the game.

edit: Since there seems to be some confusion, I want to make clear that I'm not talking about keeping people out of nodes. Players aren't the issue. Their Plexus isn't the issue. Their Avionics aren't the issue. It's their ship itself that's the problem. Reading a reply to this, I think the problem may be that people don't realize that you have gear slots on your Railjack and that it is NOT OKAY to leave stock Sigma gear on there and then head out to the Veil.

Archived