Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Given DE's track record when it comes to new content, I suppose that I should consider myself fortunate for waiting so long to farm for Holokeys and interact with the Void Storm system in general. I've long since learned my lesson when it comes to DE releasing "new" and "exciting" content.

That being said, I am curious about what these changes will bring to the table once I have decided to delve into the Holokey grind.

I know its unpopular, but I have to say it: The drop rates are OK
Saturn skirmish missions can be rushed in 2-3minutes.
For a mission that long, the 4 holos at the end are OK, too.
I got 12-20 holos per hour this way.
There is much heavier grind in the game, compared to that.

All you need to do is optimize the mission and split the tasks between the players.
1 pilot only
2 front artillery only
3+4 slingshot to the objective and do the mission

The only problem here, is to find 3 others who know what to do.

-c0y

On 2021-08-16 at 11:01 AM, OP-R8R said:

By the time DE does these miniscule improvements the players are going to be burned out.

Unfortunately DE dont give a stuff.. its been this way for years..

My clan mates and I discussed this, as we have before, as DE constantly drop new content that is just a massive grind (unless you look closely at how to do the said missions) We know DE do it this way so really you have a choice:  live with it and just get into the grind while learning the most effective way to run solo and as a group, or to wait 3-6 months until DE decide to play it and then they make it a lot easier.. we just go for it a get stuck in as do a lot of others..

On 2021-08-16 at 6:05 PM, (XBOX)RedHoodPrime said:

So, my clan and I just knocked out four sisters last night and we were looking for our holo keys and we got none whatsoever. 

Am I misunderstanding something, doing something wrong, or is it busted?

Its not about the sisters its about doing the Void storm missions.. atm .. but arent the sisters only going to drop 1 each .. damn thats going to take forever to get all the weapons at that rate, just run Saturn Void Storms if you have clan mates..

4 hours ago, (XBOX)RedHoodPrime said:

So, my clan and I just knocked out four sisters last night and we were looking for our holo keys and we got none whatsoever. 

Am I misunderstanding something, doing something wrong, or is it busted?

The holokey changes aren't out yet

3 hours ago, tomwork27 said:

its been like 2 weeks why did they post this so early if they were going to wait so long? they could at least do it on pc and then run a script for the consoles later

Same thoughts there. Considering how small of a change this is, i was expecting it to be up by now. If it was something more drastic then i would be okay with waiting longer, cause for now im just waiting on the change to come so i can play more void storms and sisters, as im avoiding doing those for now so i dont get burned out.

And also i feel the reason why the holokeys dont drop in every mission like steel essence is because there are a lot more things to buy with steel essence, and some of them are expendable things. While with holokeys you just need to get the 4 weapons (a few of them maybe a couple of times) and thats it as it curently stands. And the holokeys seam like a good future alternative to getting tenet weapons, so if they make them easier to obtain now, they wont be able to expand on them later cause by that point people will already have stockpiles of them.

On 2021-08-14 at 9:16 PM, (PSN)ak71411 said:

Huh, haven't got a holokey in over a dozen sisters or liches , solo or with a group not to mention no ephemeras either. Needs work

That would be because you don't get Holokeys from Sisters or Liches yet.

You get them from Void Storms, and Void Storms only until this change goes live. 

12 hours ago, tomwork27 said:

its been like 2 weeks why did they post this so early if they were going to wait so long? they could at least do it on pc and then run a script for the consoles later

9 hours ago, DefectiveMagus said:

Same thoughts there. Considering how small of a change this is, i was expecting it to be up by now. If it was something more drastic then i would be okay with waiting longer, cause for now im just waiting on the change to come so i can play more void storms and sisters, as im avoiding doing those for now so i dont get burned out.

And also i feel the reason why the holokeys dont drop in every mission like steel essence is because there are a lot more things to buy with steel essence, and some of them are expendable things. While with holokeys you just need to get the 4 weapons (a few of them maybe a couple of times) and thats it as it curently stands. And the holokeys seam like a good future alternative to getting tenet weapons, so if they make them easier to obtain now, they wont be able to expand on them later cause by that point people will already have stockpiles of them.

So....I ask this knowing the answer, but neither of you read the last hotfix notes did you?

I ask because they specifically called out that they had found some bugs in getting them to drop from the Sisters.  Thus, their "coming soon" became the usual "primed soon" response.

That said, in the last several months DE has gone over and above to not reward people for the grind they already did.  Exactly how do you think that they would go back through the defeated/converted sisters list and award items, but only for an indeterminate period of time?  It'd be easier to just give everyone one per defeat...and they said that they wouldn't do that.  

Regarding the statements about the costing....for real?  The cosmetics are 25 per.  The ephemeras vary.  The only high cost item in the bunch is the 150 unit umbral forma...that previously DE assumed you'd be getting with 3 units per daily mission or 2 per acolyte.  They added on stuff that costs 15, and now it's "too much stuff."

I don't get it.  40*4 is 160.  At most they drop in units of 5 (going to 10), but the average per run is 5*0.375 or 1.875 key per run.  40/1.875= 21.33 or 22 runs. 

22*4 = 88 runs.  This means an average of 88 runs to just get the required keys to get one of each weapon...disregarding the element and strength RNG.

88*5= 440 steel essence.  For that amount you're just shy of 3 umbral forma.  If that doesn't move you, 29 arcane weapon slot unlockers.  

I could continue on...but I will stop with the point that "but you only get 5 missions per day" argument invalidation.  People say you can grind a void storm in just a few minutes "with a good team."  Of course, grinding a survival, defense, volatile, or Orphix run is impossible.  As such, both Steel Essence and Holokeys are not possible to power grind infinitely.  I wanted to answer this....because I already see this facile retort.  No, I don't believe that one grind is better than another...but forcing people to engage with railjack is less fun than letting me choose to just play the core game as I want.

2 hours ago, HYg1ene said:

Why is this taking so long? An insignificant drop increase should not take this much time, DE. 

It's probably not going to come out in a hotfix (with simultaneous console releases being the new norm), it's very likely we'll have to wait for the next update being Nidus prime release, at least a month away probably???

Hope I'm wrong and it comes out in a hotfix, but they're only happening every 2 weeks now AT BEST.

On 2021-08-04 at 8:59 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

See you in the next few weeks with these changes on all platforms, Tenno!

For everyone asking when the changes are being implemented: summer vacations have been taking place, members of the dev team are now starting to return. So I would think that changes will probably be coming soon.

On 2021-08-16 at 4:14 PM, _COY_ said:

All you need to do is optimize the mission and split the tasks between the players.
1 pilot only
2 front artillery only

-c0y

I agree that drops are not that bad but still coprus missions take too much time but not everyone can be as efficient and i am not sure 3 min is true as it takes time to do objective and to kill all fighters and crewships unless entire squad is very well coordinated.  

Holokey amounts per mission was never the issue. It was the fact that they were a drop chance in the first place. When you have to acquire 160 to get all 4 weapons before optimization (you want a different element or a higher elemental percentage) having a chance to not progress on such system per mission is just not a great feeling. Tying a guaranteed amount to the Sisters fights lowers the value of the original acquisition method, because while the amounts will be lower, they are guaranteed. Coupled with a much faster Lich/ Sister grind you can potentially get Holokeys consistently faster than before. I'd be fine with the drop chance being where it is IF we didn't need hundreds of them.

On 2021-08-04 at 10:02 PM, Kylo. said:

Seems like whenever some bad new system like this is introduced it's best to not play it, wait a month and then play it, because it's now about 50% easier than it was before.

Yeah, well, that's me then. I do not even know what holokeys are :)

Something to do with corpus liches? Also haven't touched this system aswell because I've read that I had to go to the granum void. Then I stopped reading...

But thank you for testing! 😎

vor 37 Minuten schrieb sorcer3r:

Yeah, well, that's me then. I do not even know what holokeys are :)

Something to do with corpus liches? Also haven't touched this system aswell because I've read that I had to go to the granum void. Then I stopped reading...

But thank you for testing! 😎

You may get some as reward for void storms. Those are basically your typical relic missions but in railjack.

You need those to buy Tenet-melee weapons from Ergo Glast at a relay.

On 2021-08-16 at 7:14 AM, _COY_ said:

1 pilot only
2 front artillery only

-c0y

Been doing that since holokey release. Everyone is doing it because speed farm is the only viable method to make holokey farm bearable.

Basically you are acknowledging that holokey grind is awful so everyone has to resort this type of speed run, rather than trying to fix the whole RNG system.

On 2021-08-04 at 3:27 PM, AntawnMary said:

Obviously you never did or did not spend much time on extermination missions (not the skirmish) and never had the loadout to do them.

Corpus exter gave me hundreds of holokeys.

So "4 very fast missions", with hk, is indeed conceivable.

You’re hilarious. I literally run with Baruuk, a proboscis cernos, nukor, and zaw with a full tier 3 ship and specialized crewmates. Nothing you’ve said changes the fact that the VEIL has lower drop rates than it should.

Just ran 20 missions and got keys on only the 20th mission (and 22nd and ~25th). Ooofta rng hates me. Four different sectors... second run like this too. Only Ice Mines dropped them.

Can you reduce sevigoth and epitaph drops? Or can you put differing amount of keys in the table (like endo in other missions). The only reason I'm running these is keys, endo, and to level k.grattler (latter doesn't feel like its holding up in Veil btw). Everything else railjack is done. I'm ok w grinding the game but this feels worse than Destiny raids for armor in terms of time/progress. My 2c

Archived