Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

mhm. An absolutely solid change.

I can assume that the drop rates over all the data DE has is correct as i surmised. Which means all the complaint threads were a small numbers issue.

However, it might be better to give us half the keys with twice the odds, so 5 keys at a 68% drop chance. Just a thought.

this is a good change, but i dont feel like this is it, so i will sit this one out until i can farm them more reliably in a bigger quantity.
im long enough here to know changes would happen so i didnt even waste time on farming those. 

updates and QOL stuff is always welcome, but i recognize a pattern here.
in the past almost every new item/thing/system that was hard/rare to obtain you have made rain after a few months. early adopters always get shafted in this game..

just to give a few examples that were a massive grind fest but later became a lot faster/easier/more fun to obtain.
- Liches: faster Murmur, Weapon choice, element swap, and less guessing game behind multi layer rng 
- Railjack: im not even exaggerating when I say almost everything RJ related was behind such low drop chances that you guys decided to fully rework this 
 content in multiple updates
- Deimos: adjustments for tokens and nechramech drop chance, less mats for helminth needed
- Arcanes: from brainless rng Eidolon farm to basically free + no rng with scarlet spear

basically every mayor update has at least one thing thats irrationally time intensive to obtain. and please dont act clueless as if you guys dont actually do the math before releasing this kind of grindfest and have to wait for feedback before giving us a less frustrating experience. 

and I understand that undertuned drops are usually safer to release than overtuned ones, but come on the stuff i listed above was so insanely undertuned that almost anyone with some common sense could see that this type of content would need a rework or adjustment to drop chance/rate

Thanks for buffing it, but honestly 1-2 guaranteed per run would be so much better. It would still take 100’s of missions to max our weapons. But at least we could be working towards something (unlike when you get no holokey drop mission after mission)

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

Hi Reb. While a greater amount is neat, the problem is the frequency. Sevagoth parts take a huge portion of the drop tables and there's no duplicate protection for that. Even if the total amount was is increased to 20 per run you'd still have a highly polluted drop table.

Will we get a script ran for players who already finished the Sisters of Parvos system?

I have 43 vanquished Sisters totaling atleast 4 Glast weapon purchases from missed Corrupted Holokeys. Early adopters of this system could have had this feedback before it even went live if we were informed.

It's getting really old that you guys release mechanics like these and then disrespect the people who participate as free QA for these additions to the game that are untested and commit the same mistakes of the past. Where's the "napkin math" on reward pacing in-house prior to launching major updates? Why do we need to wait weeks to months for an expected and predictable set of changes? 

This situation has become so predictable that you guys either pay no attention to your development pattern and consistently forget to review reward pacing, or this is done intentionally to earn fake good will for fixing a manufactured problem.

wow so after i grinded hours with bad drop chances getting 3-4-6 holokeys and getting multiple versions of each weapon now you increase it. Kylo, u have opened my eyes. 

8 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Seems like whenever some bad new system like this is introduced it's best to not play it, wait a month and then play it, because it's now about 50% easier than it was before.

It's better, definitely. But I don't think the AMOUNT of keys was the issue, but the CHANCES.

If all Void Storm missions had GUARANTEED chance to drop Holokeys, moving Sevagoth parts (and something like... Endo?) to also be Holokey purchase items from Mr. Glast, the Void Storm Holokey farming would not only be more fun (rather than annoying with its RNG), it'd also have an evergreen useage with the Endo purchase (or whatever highly sought after item you'd put there).

The Sisters dropping guaranteed Holokeys is a fantastic added bonus though, small as it may be overall.

Needed changes, but I'm still concerned about the droprate. At least for skirmish missions, I'm convinced that the drop tables are bugged.

Here's a sample of my drop log, all skirmish on veil:

Axi C6 radiant relic    2.5%
veil resource bundle    2.5%
sevagoth piece        10%
corrupted holokeys    37.5%
1200 Endo        12.5%
Axi T7 radiant relic    2.5%

out of 8 missions in a row, 6 of them gave me an item that is supposed to be 1/40, and only once did I get the ~1/3 drop. I know that's a small sample size, but I can say with some certainty across my farming that the drop rates were not as advertised.

I think it's possible that the drop table for skirmish mode was somehow bugged, while I eventually found that spy/exterminate seemed to be more in line with the provided rates.

2 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

I like how all the people complaining about the holokey drop rates were probably also complaining about the Sevagoth part droprates.

No, not really, since Sevagoth was a one and done deal.
Projecting much?

i think holokeys should drop alongside void traces in void storms when you crack open a relic so those doing endless missions will also benefit instead of only receiving it as end of mission reward  

This is a mild change in the right direction, but still requires hours and hours of grinding to actually obtain all of the Tenet melees, and that is assuming someone isn't trying to max out the elemental buff.

There NEEDS to be a much more significant buff.

This also goes for Ambassador drop rates and farm. Overall, the Void Storm rewards are entirely too seperate from the main game to warrant the time-gate they have locking them off. Need we remind you, Railjack is still generally a pain in the ass to play casually and requires massive expenses on the players part to even begin playing, nevertheless reaching Veil and obtaining the items in question here...

The boost is much appreciated, thank you! Going from ~6-7 Veil drops to just 4 is nice, though we still have to negotiate ol' Lootcifer for it. I wouldn't mind the smaller drops if they were made consistent.

Not sure how substantial it will be to get 1-4 keys per lich confrontation. It does encourage team play as a bonus. Don't know how I feel chewing through 10 liches per player for 1 extra weapon/valence fodder - I'd much rather the weapons be part of the Sister drops than a separate shop.

Glad this is getting looked at, hope to see this updated in the near future.

Archived