Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

So... punishing solo players, huh? And I assume also punishing early adopters who have already farmed out many/all of the sisters?

Really, I'm glad the devs have given consideration to the holokey situation and that the rewards are going up at all, but this still feels a little demotivating -- I just finished six Corpusjack Spy missions on Pluto, and not one of them awarded any holokeys. If those same six runs were done a couple weeks from now after the changes planned above, I'd still come out of it with zero keys. 

Also, I understand there's some desire to encourage players to squad up to fight the Adversaries (or just the Sisters in this case), but solo players will earn essentially no holokeys from this. I realize we'll probably see bugfixes and improvements to smooth out the multiplayer experience in future patches, but for the time being (my personal belief is that) I won't be fighting Adversaries with other Tenno, thus the actual progress towards Tenet melees that I get from Sisters will be marginal at best.

I'm not even allowed to enter the Final Showdown node without an active refugee Sister -- unless my friends are at the exact same stage, I can't join them, and they can't join me. 

So 1 key per Sister for the solo player doesn't feel that significant... Just a little cake crumb. It's something. But, well, if you happen to be farming the Adversaries anyway, you could get 8 keys for running in public with two Sisters. It could save the need to do a few extra Void Storms down the road. 

At the end of it, I feel like the issue that needs to be addressed is the unreliable drops. 😞 "Sister-dropped holokeys are just an added bonus. The dedicated route for acquiring holokeys is Void Storms." -

If this is intent behind keeping Sisters relatively tame with the drops, I get that. But the so-called dedicated route is painful when you have to push past various bugs, with nothing to show for it at the end. 

I tend to be wordy and there might be a lot of fluff here so to sum up my thoughts:

Spoiler

Regarding holokey acquisition through ____:

• Void Storms
    • Leaving holokey drop rate as-is still allows for long back-to-back mission sessions with the potential to get absolutely nothing. It will happen to someone, somewhen. 
    • Railjack itself is kind of a buggy mess, which further frustrates the players as they struggle to find keys. I really don't want to see the pilot harness locking me out when I want to move the boat to the Corpus capital ship.
  • Sisters
    • Solo players stand to benefit less. Incentive to do Railjack in multiplayer is fine in concept, but it's just not up everyone's alley.
    • I'd love to do Showdowns with friends, but the eligibility conditions often mean we aren't ready or allowed to fight at the same time. 

the RNG on drop rates is what feels terrible.

i would prefer getting less but 100% of the time as it gives me agency over my farming and time.

one of the best aspects of warframe over other games like destiny was the resource system, if i need rubedo, i can go to a planet that drops it and farm it, while getting other resources that i will inevitably need.

having to run a mission 7 times and get no drops in a row (this happened) is you wasting my time, and i dont feel like playing a game mode if your just going to waste my time.

in theory my friends and i could play void storms for an hour and get no keys.

that sucks, its a bad feeling, its a waste of time.

make them guaranteed rewards, 100%, period. then adjust the amount drop'd as needed.

anything else is you just wasting my time. 

il y a 22 minutes, Wiz3rd a dit :

No sugar-coating.
That is still horrible.
Make it a guaranteed mission drop and then we'll talk...

Oh yea and make them drop per 40 too like that we'll get another useless resource in abundance in our inventory for years until they decide to do something else with it.... (thats the joke part)

(now for the real part) great update. 10 keys for veil is a good change you guys did good on that one. No need to change the drop rate tho 30% is already good.  would be cool if you guys do this too. 

il y a 20 minutes, Kamachi a dit :

Will any of this be retrospective to lessen the suffering of those who already farmed a bunch of Sisters and Holokeys?

Make all Tenet weapons available at the store and let any defeated candidate drop 2 holokeys. Still grindy, but lessens the RNG for getting the Tenet weapons of choice (I spend entire afternoons just rerolling the sister and still didn't get the weapon I wanted) and for getting the keys.

I know that more grind equals more busy players equals more profit and you want players to go on Railjack missions more, but let's face it, the RNG regarding Tenet and Kuva weapons is getting out of hand and Railjack is still not finished and will need at least 2 more large overhauls.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

•  

I appreciate the changes and the thought behind them, and I understand this is supposed to be a coop game, but this leaves solo players feeling like they are being deeply inefficient if they go hunt their lich by themselves. Maybe I'm feeling like an introvert that day, I guess I only get one for doing a showdown myself. : ( 

il y a 4 minutes, (PSN)MegaSilk0 a dit :

Drop rates are still broken so that’s not “4 very fast missions”

Obviously you never did or did not spend much time on extermination missions (not the skirmish) and never had the loadout to do them.

Corpus exter gave me hundreds of holokeys.

So "4 very fast missions", with hk, is indeed conceivable.

@[DE]Rebecca

Nice to hear that the Corrupted Holokey aspect is being improved. I may be more inclined to actually convert (yes, I already decided on conversion) my first (and still only) Lich.

Side Note: I know this isn't the place, but I'm hoping that the team gets higher awareness of this little issue... Steel Path non-endless mission alarms are not being triggered in order to enforce the new "3 Acolyte max" rule...

See the behavior they have in a Mobile Defense mission? Yeah, that's pretty much present in every Steel Path non-endless mission. This makes them pretty much the same as an Exterminate mission, but with a different flavor. This also makes the resource & mods boosters useless... This may be an unintended penalty to any player that decides to run missions alone...

The thing about those "reinforcements" is that they only appear if an active enemy is still alive. If there are no enemies left to activate those alarms, there are no reinforcements... The team can just add a specific spawn counter for acolytes while keeping that part of the alarm system intact... And please, have them decide if its tied to time spent in mission or enemy kills in a mission... As it is right now, its a completely unreliable and pretty much no one understands how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Why would you make melee weapons the reward for the hardest content when you just nuked the entire catalog of weapons and the new tenet weapons have zero advantages in closing the nerf gap. I mean seriously a melee weapon farm cannot be what you think we wanted after you destroyed CO and berserker. This is straight insulting after the nerfs why would I want to invest in any melee out of what I already have built out. It should be raining keys because melee is fodder now. 

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

That will still dilute the drops of the Void Storm tables, from Sevagoth's/Epitaph parts to Radiant Relics. Not to mention that it's a one-time reward upon mission completion. Have some of the Corrupted drop them too.

Finally, there should be evergreen reward in Ergo Glast's shop as once you acquire the Tenet melee weapons, the Corrupted Holokeys become dead drops.

Ah I should have mentioned this in my earlier post. 100% drop chance on holokeys with a maximum of 4 holokeys at best would mean you still have to run 10 missions, which equals a bad kuva lich run time wise, which would be a good tenet melee acquisition rate in my opinion.

Why are you so hesitant on doing this so that getting the holokeys actually somewhat enjoyable to the players? Can't you see that the feedback you are getting is not mostly positive, but quite the opposite? Do you really want your players to hate this grind so much?

3 minutes ago, Okayane said:

Oh yea and make them drop per 40 too like that we'll get another useless resource in abundance in our inventory for years until they decide to do something else with it.... (thats the joke part)

(now for the real part) great update. 10 keys for veil is a good change you guys did good on that one. No need to change the drop rate tho 30% is already good.  would be cool if you guys do this too. 

Ah yes, I'd rather have to gouge my eyes out having to farm for an unreliable resource that takes literal hours to get with little to no payoff rather than have a "useless resource".
(That's the joke part.)

(Now for the real part.)
I'd rather we got a 100% chance to get 4 holokeys than a 37.5% chance to get 10, and even then it would be grindy.
It's about consistency, not a slight bump in the amount you get.

make it so i can use any relic on the void storm in poxima mission and not just forced AXI. why does it matter what relic i use? idc what the relic items are, its the price of admission to gameplay. you might as well have crafted keys like the derelicts. how about corpus relics and ditch the whole holokey nonsense and have Gast just weekly charge your weapon with an rng % element.

Gamers really are the biggest crybabies in existence. Lv100 Void storm skirmishes can be speedrun in 3 minutes for a massive amount of credits, endo (which are needed for the new Galvanized mods and RJ mods), relics, void traces, and potentially holokeys. Each mission has like 4 bonus rewards yet you cry about getting Sevagoth parts. Keep in mind that you can still get a 3k credits cache hours into a survival but nobody's complaining about that, even though that's 1 reward every 5 minutes, as opposed to 5 rewards every 3-4 minutes. 5!

Learn to RJ efficiently and quit whining over a non-issue. The amount of stuff you get is crazy for the time spent when done properly.

Oh, and you crack a relic every run as well, which you normally would do on starchart fissures regardless. You will almost always come out ahead in # of relics gained vs spent, when you would normally only break even in a normal fissure run in The Void. That's more passive ducats/plat gained ON TOP of the mission rewards. Not to mention the void traces gained are higher than starchart fissures as well.

Void Storm rewards are so plentiful I'm baffled people are still running normal void fissures. You don't even have to move around as much as you do in a normal map, especially if playing pilot or forward artillery. Shoot 8 crewships, press 3 a couple times, mission complete.

Killed around 20 sisters by this point and I am close to maxing out quiet a few weapons, also I have REALLY bad luck with drop of holokeys from void storms, any chance(10 void storms in a row, ZERO holokeys) so I REALLY need those holokeys, any chance for compensation ? especially since people wont wait few weeks for this update to drop with farming sisters, by that point I will have all weapons maxed out.

il y a 7 minutes, Wiz3rd a dit :

Ah yes, I'd rather have to gouge my eyes out having to farm for an unreliable resource that takes literal hours to get with little to no payoff rather than have a "useless resource".
(That's the joke part.)

(Now for the real part.)
I'd rather we got a 100% chance to get 4 holokeys than a 37.5% chance to get 10, and even then it would be grindy.
It's about consistency, not a slight bump in the amount you get.

imagine arguing about the fact that you have to farm on a farming game, big brain right there, guaranted drop will kill this part of the game thats why drop rates exist dude welcome to the MMO types of games 37.5% is already a good drop chance, if you want to argue on the drop rate of something do it over the fact that some random mods that add nothing to the game have less then 0.5% drop chance 😉

Archived