Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus prime

I'm not sure I understand the question?  I mean... it's Nidus Prime.  It will be Nidus, except with slightly better stats and a slightly squishy Venom-symbiont looking Mutation form.

Oh, and if other story-Primes are any indication, probably a few threads whining that Nidus Prime is easier to get than Nidus Vanilla.

37 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I'm not sure I understand the question?  I mean... it's Nidus Prime.  It will be Nidus, except with slightly better stats and a slightly squishy Venom-symbiont looking Mutation form.

Oh, and if other story-Primes are any indication, probably a few threads whining that Nidus Prime is easier to get than Nidus Vanilla.

I don't understand the question either. I wish they would make infested weapons prime too but like de said. Nidus isn't normal infestation because it's weaker or something so I guess the weapon would have to be the same in order to take some orokin technology.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)LBPRockstar21 said:

I don't understand the question either. I wish they would make infested weapons prime too but like de said. Nidus isn't normal infestation because it's weaker or something so I guess the weapon would have to be the same in order to take some orokin technology.

It's not that nidus is weaker it's that he's helminth infestation not regular infestation.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)LBPRockstar21 said:

What are differences between helminth infestation and normal

Domesticated for Helminth, while feral for the normal Infested strain. Helminth as stated in the Sacrifice:

Spoiler

Is the primary source of the Infested to create Warframes

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

That reminds me, didn't they say they were going to re-run that relay event because it was broken for Tennocon?

They did say that, but it's likely that it won't happen for a while.  They made comments that sort of sounded like it's something they *might* get to very late August or September.

how exactly the lore comes about for Nidus is unclear, even his Quest, the Glast Gambit, doesn't say anything about him, and the only infestation really involved is that of the Myconians, which they can co-exist with and use for their benefit thanks to the Triuna or whatever that young girl was called. we know Helminth is the benign infestation used to make warframes, but we don't know the individual responsible for it: Ballas is largely credited with the creation of warframes but it doesn't explicitly state he made Helminth, just that it was his idea to use the Tenno to control the frames once built.

that said, DE confirmed every frame will have a chance to be primed, so even unusual ones like Revenant and Xaku will get their chance. 

20 hours ago, Lancars said:

I just hope they keep with that lore they mentioned where it was a Nidus that forced itself to be prime by infection orokin stuff. It evolved.

That was in reference to his visual design, and was very much unofficial

On 2021-08-06 at 2:04 AM, Atsia said:

That was in reference to his visual design, and was very much unofficial

I know but it feels like the only acceptable way this frame could be prime. Originally they should have come up with something that could be equal to Prime to try and keep some semblance of lore.

22 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I know but it feels like the only acceptable way this frame could be prime. Originally they should have come up with something that could be equal to Prime to try and keep some semblance of lore.

I'll never understand why people say Nidus shouldnt be prime.  I personally believe that Valkyr, Revenant, and Xaku are the frames that possibly shouldn't be prime because of their lore. But Nidus has no reasons, really. 

Like all normal warframes, Nidus is simply a cheaper copy of a prime. We built Nidus from a blueprint and used inferior tools. Thats how we get nidus prime. 

Like 3D printing a grecian urn. 

The only possible reason why Nidus couldnt be primed is that he is constantly evolving, so any older prime variant is inferior simply by being "younger" (chrono stasis in a void relic) 

But if the game was THAT faithful to lore and accuracy, we would keep our mutation stacks after every mission. That would just be silly. 

On 2021-08-05 at 2:29 AM, (PSN)LBPRockstar21 said:

Please show me where DE said that.

4 hours ago, Lancars said:

Can you quote the specific parts of the lore you are referring to that indicate that Nidus cannot have a body with gold parts on it?

4 hours ago, (PSN)Chomsky_Honk_ said:

I'll never understand why people say Nidus shouldnt be prime.  I personally believe that Valkyr, Revenant, and Xaku are the frames that possibly shouldn't be prime because of their lore. But Nidus has no reasons, really. 

Like all normal warframes, Nidus is simply a cheaper copy of a prime. We built Nidus from a blueprint and used inferior tools. Thats how we get nidus prime. 

Like 3D printing a grecian urn. 

The only possible reason why Nidus couldnt be primed is that he is constantly evolving, so any older prime variant is inferior simply by being "younger" (chrono stasis in a void relic) 

But if the game was THAT faithful to lore and accuracy, we would keep our mutation stacks after every mission. That would just be silly. 

It’s just being ridiculously over thought by people that want to look knowledgeable, and take shots at DE.

The warframe is the same, it’s just a different shell. There is nothing in any lore ever, at all, that dictates that certain frames can’t bolt bits of gold to themselves.

Nidus is Nidus, his shell is irrelevant, what people call the shell matters even less and peoples thoughts about what we call that shell matters the least of all.

Skipping over the lore debate that's going on...

On 2021-08-04 at 9:29 PM, (PSN)LBPRockstar21 said:

As far weapons, I think DE still holds the stance that only Tenno weapons get a prime (a.k.a orokin era). Anything from the other factions won't get primed.

The lich weapons are basically the primes for the other factions. 

Best we can hope for is maybe some infested skins.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I'll never understand why people want x frame to not be primed.

I personally believe all frames should be primed. A line of text shouldn't prohibit neither the monetization method from DE nor 'mains' of frames being locked out of their prime/upgrade.

And no, we don't need another line of x (an equivalent) because this would just bloat the game more. 

And no more umbras please. 

Excalibur Umbra put the Excalibur Prime requests mostly to rest, the umbra line did its job with one frame, and we can move on and focus on primes and not bloat the game further with a bunch of extra Warframe variants we don't need. 

Archived