Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I play limbo the non toxic way?

sauceyboii11

Question

15 answers to this question

The one thing that I do to myself now and then, :facepalm: is if you're doing a mobile defence do not put up your 4th skill before you plug the module in, you can do your two as you get there then plug in module then hit 4th skill.

Putting a bubble up in a defence mission is sort of frowned upon, unless I'm in solo and really need to slow the enemy down, Steel Path solo I used it in.

If I use a huge bubble, every now and then I drop or let the 2nd skill run out and let the enemies into the bubble further, put it back up and start killing again but you'll find guns like the Gaze are good for killing enemies stuck in the bubble, Mesa can shoot outside the range of the 4th skill, and players are able to shoot inside the 4th skill, once upon a time you could only use melee.

On my operator I use an arcane that when I do a slam it pulls enemies into the bubble, or you could use weapon to do it.

I have three different size bubbles one for lazy mode where it covers a HUGE area and a normal bubble and a very small one for mobile defence nullifiers. Get a good secondary so you can use the miter to pop those pesky null bubbles and stop them from putting them back up.

Miter is also handy in Khoras strangledome, stop the nullifiers doing a Tarzan impersonation while caught.

Any warframe can be toxic to a degree, it comes down to common sense.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, I'm under the pump to go do some real life role playing. 😱

Unfortunately there's no perfect method to avoid anti-Limbo rage. I'm assuming you mean when you're just running public missions with randoms. In which case, low-to-neutral range is your best bet.

Use low range (or simply don't use your bubble) for defense. Low/neutral range for excav/mob defense. If it's corpus you'll want minimum range to reduce the occurrence of nullifying your bubble.

While it would technically be better running high range on excav/mob defense, often this just aggravates randoms as they feel they'll have to run in large circles to kill enemies (even though killing enemies is basically not required).

Outside of the defense style missions, it doesn't matter so much, but I still wouldn't run high range. You don't really gain much by using high range, except the possible anti-Limbo rage.

That all said, if you bump into people who know how to play with a Limbo in their squad, they'll probably be at least somewhat greatful for your bubble. For example, I'm personally terrible using Limbo, but if someone brings along a max range limbo for a sortie excav/mob def, I'll quite happily just sit there and ride it out.

IMO the best way to play limbo is Small Cataclysm + Stasis. One of the more overlooked features is understanding how Limbo works with the Rift mechanics. Limbo does not need to be within Cataclysm to damage enemies within it. You can use cataclysm with on-reticle aiming to effectively lock down groups of enemies. Using low range high duration is invaluable in defense missions against Grineer and Infested. Corpus are fairly problematic with Nullifiers but small cataclysms make them much more manageable. 

The most annoying thing people can do with Limbo is force players in/out the rift. Most players don't play with limbo very often and have trouble discerning enemies in the rift (DE still hasn't made them easily identifiable... good job DE). If you want to avoid toxicity don't play giant cataclysm+stasis builds in public matches and don't banish players to the rift. Limbo is exceptionally powerful and generates a ton of hate because he asserts control over the battlefield without consent. 

Also, you can ask the team if they are comfortable with you doing X in the match. If you have some sourpuss players on your team then GL, they will hate you as Limbo regardless of how you play.

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

IMO the best way to play limbo is Small Cataclysm + Stasis. One of the more overlooked features is understanding how Limbo works with the Rift mechanics. Limbo does not need to be within Cataclysm to damage enemies within it. You can use cataclysm with on-reticle aiming to effectively lock down groups of enemies. Using low range high duration is invaluable in defense missions against Grineer and Infested. Corpus are fairly problematic with Nullifiers but small cataclysms make them much more manageable. 

The most annoying thing people can do with Limbo is force players in/out the rift. Most players don't play with limbo very often and have trouble discerning enemies in the rift (DE still hasn't made them easily identifiable... good job DE). If you want to avoid toxicity don't play giant cataclysm+stasis builds in public matches and don't banish players to the rift. Limbo is exceptionally powerful and generates a ton of hate because he asserts control over the battlefield without consent. 

Also, you can ask the team if they are comfortable with you doing X in the match. If you have some sourpuss players on your team then GL, they will hate you as Limbo regardless of how you play.

I guess I will be running small bubbles then.

• Don't roll on the ground - if you want to roll, you better roll on the midair. Remember that rolling leaves the trap for the teammate that fell them into the rift.
  • Only play solo or follow the other sections below.
    • Else gather a team for a mission that ACTUALLY needs for a Limbo, and discuss exactly how to do before the mission. While Limbo can and easy to be toxic than anyone else, in the controlled situation you can actually gain the benefits while minimize the annoyance.
  • Only use Cataclysm and Stasis. While Rift Surge is useful for stop massive amount of enemy, but it prevents the others to even touch them so do not, ever, use it on the public missions unless you think that the mission does not needs for any kills and your teammates are not able to beat the enemy at all so just survive is the only option. Banish is usually used for troll to trap the teammates in the lift so you better forget about it unless it's the same situation that you are seriously consider to use Rift Surge.
    • Banish is actually very useful for protect defense target agents and you should cast it on them, though. It's one of the reason for bring a Limbo on the defense missions that defend the agent rather than the other object.
  • Try minimum range - longer Cataclysm only hampers the teammates. Also, Nullifiers will LOVE the cataclysm with maximum range as well, so on the Corpus/Corrupted missions you should go minimum range or you lose the cataclysm so easily. Nullfiers are equip with the sniper rifle, means if you go minimum range they are usually don't come so closer enough to remove your cataclysm with minimum range.
    • Try maximum range only if you really need to - such as stasis the enemy on the Interception(there is the cap of the maximum amount of the enemy on a mission so trapping many enemy by such ability prevents to spawning much enemies).

36 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:
  • Don't roll on the ground - if you want to roll, you better roll on the midair. Remember that rolling leaves the trap for the teammate that fell them into the rift.
  • Only play solo or follow the other sections below.
    • Else gather a team for a mission that ACTUALLY needs for a Limbo, and discuss exactly how to do before the mission. While Limbo can and easy to be toxic than anyone else, in the controlled situation you can actually gain the benefits while minimize the annoyance.
  • Only use Cataclysm and Stasis. While Rift Surge is useful for stop massive amount of enemy, but it prevents the others to even touch them so do not, ever, use it on the public missions unless you think that the mission does not needs for any kills and your teammates are not able to beat the enemy at all so just survive is the only option. Banish is usually used for troll to trap the teammates in the lift so you better forget about it unless it's the same situation that you are seriously consider to use Rift Surge.
    • Banish is actually very useful for protect defense target agents and you should cast it on them, though. It's one of the reason for bring a Limbo on the defense missions that defend the agent rather than the other object.
  • Try minimum range - longer Cataclysm only hampers the teammates. Also, Nullifiers will LOVE the cataclysm with maximum range as well, so on the Corpus/Corrupted missions you should go minimum range or you lose the cataclysm so easily. Nullfiers are equip with the sniper rifle, means if you go minimum range they are usually don't come so closer enough to remove your cataclysm with minimum range.
    • Try maximum range only if you really need to - such as stasis the enemy on the Interception(there is the cap of the maximum amount of the enemy on a mission so trapping many enemy by such ability prevents to spawning much enemies).

great tips.

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Small bubble is the path to true Limbo mastery.

Not always. True Limbo mastery comes from knowing when you may run the BIG bubbles.

Example 1: Excavation. Use the BIG bubble to protect two excavators at once.
Example 2: Ambulas. Once again, use the BIG bubble to defend the two hacked Ambulas.

As a rule of thumb, the BIG bubble is usually acceptable in game modes that don't require you to actively kill enemies. Some people will want to kill enemies anyway, sure, but you're not being a detriment to mission progress by putting BIG bubbles on Mobile Defense consoles.

Also, a general rule: Consider yourself responsible for killing every enemy you put in the Rift. Also also, banish Sortie Defense operatives.

IMO, a lot of the Limbo hate comes from other players not understanding his mechanics.  Having used him as my go-to Defense frame for a while early on, I do not mind any Limbo player on my squad, even the ones who roll around and accidentally throw me across the rift -- I know I can just roll out myself.  But that said, Limbo is technical so I would not expect all other players to share this sentiment.

The only additional advice I can give to all the other great ones offered here is to choose an Energy Color that is highly visible.  There are some that blend into the background too much, so don't choose those.

16 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Limbo have a bad reputation of being a toxic frame and that is why I wanted to know how to play him 'without' being toxic.

Thanks.

limbo breaths everyone in squad says they are toxic.
^
pretty much sums up as in past limbos were good way for ppl to easy troll others an cause of that simple being a limbo is enough to trigger others.

The easiest way would be using Limbo in the game modes where the team has to split up, so like Excavations.

Only problem with that, Khora and Hydroid are better at speeding up Excavations because of the extra Excavator Cell drops and because you can run the best nodes against Infested, which don't take a perfectly consistent cc-defense ability to beat.

Other than that, solo or premade squads with people that you know aren't whiny, otherwise their toxicity might also make you toxic.

You can use Limbo as a dps frame with Rift Torrent or just use the Rift to pause things for a bit and give energy to your teammates in a bad situation.

Archived