Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagger Is Bigger Then Polearm? Question About Range

Taletreader

In the wikia, Heat Dagger have 0.25m Cleave Radius (25 centimeter, i guess?), Orthos have 0.15m Cleave Radius (15 centimeter I guess?)... Isn't kinda weird?

What's the real size?

(or am I wrong somewhere?)

[And I know Orthos is a Double Bladed Staff, not a Polearm]

Edited by xFrancis

The Wiki is often wrong because its pretty much based on Datamined info that rapidly changes over time or just never gets used or scrapped.
Its often not up to date and its a Public Wiki so anyone can just waltz on in and change info.
Though it isnt wrong about EVERYTHING it has its moments.

The Wiki is often wrong because its pretty much based on Datamined info that rapidly changes over time or just never gets used or scrapped.

Its often not up to date and its a Public Wiki so anyone can just waltz on in and change info.

Though it isnt wrong about EVERYTHING it has its moments.

You can check it, EVERY weapon is bigger then Orthos. Fang, Dual Zoren, Pangolin Sword, Hate, Galatine.

(can someone of the staff help me? Not a vital information, just curious)

Edited by xFrancis

In the wikia, Heat Dagger have 0.25m Cleave Radius (25 centimeter, i guess?), Orthos have 0.15m Cleave Radius (15 centimeter I guess?)... Isn't kinda weird?

What's the real size?

(or am I wrong somewhere?)

And I know Orthos is a Double Bladed Staff, not a Polearm

Orthos isn't a polar arm. A polar arm is the weapon I wish we had like a Halberd... do we have a Halberd? No... but I wish we did.

When you think about it, the actual blade part of the orthos is actually small and one sided, so most of the size is the pole and the 0.15 is probably the actual measurement of the blade of the orthos

Soo... I guess Heat Dagger is bigger then Galatine?

Orthos isn't a polar arm. A polar arm is the weapon I wish we had like a Halberd... do we have a Halberd? No... but I wish we did.

Did you read the "spoiler?"

Edited by xFrancis

Did you read the "spoiler?"

Nope... I just read the polerarm thing and was like... NOT A POLAR ARM!!!

btw Shouldn't have put that in spoiler, instead you should have edited it.

All is up for speculation, you just need to think about the amount of the edge that is exposed and is useable, The orthos's grip is the largest part of it, which infact may do a different damage type depending on which part of the orthos connects, and I can't speak much for the Galatine, I have not done much research into the weapon

All is up for speculation, you just need to think about the amount of the edge that is exposed and is useable, The orthos's grip is the largest part of it, which infact may do a different damage type depending on which part of the orthos connects, and I can't speak much for the Galatine, I have not done much research into the weapon

Couldve sworn the last time I used heat dagger the character stretches out its entire arm for a stab motion. Maybe that has something to do with it?

edit: also notice the orthos is used rather close, its not like the Tenno grabs the end and stabs it outward its spun around their body.

Edited by Arlayn

(can someone of the staff help me? Not a vital information, just curious)

I highly doubt it... This is my one pet peeve with DE, they never seem to confirm, deny or clarify information about functionality of their Beta. Even stuff like Fatal Attraction took an ungodly ammount of time for us to have a "working as intended", however lame that is.

Couldve sworn the last time I used heat dagger the character stretches out its entire arm for a stab motion. Maybe that has something to do with it?

edit: also notice the orthos is used rather close, its not like the Tenno grabs the end and stabs it outward its spun around their body.

Actually, one of the animations is a thrusting one.

Right... what about Bo? It still has a 0.25m cleave radius.

Moderators already told us the Dev team never reads General Discussion (cant blame them). But even if you post on the Weapon Feedback sub-forum, using polite words and a well written message (not saying you didnt by the way) you will most likely still not get answers from Devs.

Every mechanics-related mystery in this game relies on players to test them, and the inquirers to trust those tests. Fatal Attraction being again an example, the questions everybody asked were "How should it work? What is its damage? Does it ATTRACT or AGGRO enemies? Is the aggression directed towards the sentinel or the player?"... The answer we got: "It draws your enemies closer"... Which any literate person could obtain from reading the MOD card.

As far as patch notes go, there is still no mention of Loki's Invisibility affecting Sentinels. The majority of the playerbase has serious problems enjoying the game because of connection, if they can connect or know their friends are online at all. Best answer we got: Working on it.

Weapons, the base of the damage in the game, are supposedly going to be more useful when something mythical called "Armor 2.0" comes out. Apparently it is very nice, but apart from guessing what Steve's triangle demonstration really is, you are out on your own if you want to use Forma or Catalysts. There is no mention of its release.

So yeah, sorry for the rant, but no, you will not get answers. Not from the Devs. Thank the players who want to help you.

Where can I get information then?

The wiki is reliable for regular and established information.

You just need to be more critic when you look at for obscure or new information like the cleave radius, I hope you took the time to point out the mistake in the comments of the orthos wiki page.

Anyway I can tell you for sure the orthos has a equal or longer reach than the scindo/fragor for charged attack, the only problem is that the hitbox is oval and askew, there's even a small 'blind spot' where no matter how close the enemy just won't get hit. 

The regular attack hitbox also varies a lot with the animation and takes some time to get used to.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Love how everyone assumes that having a smaller cleave radius on the orthos compared to other weapons means that it is incorrect.

The Orthos is a twin-blade staff.

One on one end.

The second on the other.

Both can and will do damage in that .15m, but it will do it in opposite directions.

Think, people! Think! Use that squishy neural clump that is the brain!