Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Dojo!

Obliteratus

Here are some ideas concerning additions to dojo, and even additions to dojo with connection to gameplay.

1. NPCs in Dojo - I know that Tenno with no warframe on, walking around is too much to ask, so how about
maintenance drones. Bought as a decoration, simple AI, performing whatever maitenance drones perform :)
ie. flying around dusting, tending to decorations, keeping close eye on researches.

2. Prison / Interrogation cells! - Say you're on a capture mission. Lotus always says we WILL interrogate the subject at base. So how about when you did capture mission, the unlucky client ends up in a cell, strapped to a table, many tools and mind invasive devices around. Now here is a cool part - start interrogation in the same manner as research (resources and time required to finish interrogation), after it is done, the given information could merge into some sort of small reward. A small bonus alert perhaps? Nothing too major, but it would add to the game.
Even take this idea further - once subject is in your dojo, sometimes his faction will try to rescue him!
Another mode to play- Dojo Defense!!

3. Private quaters - I seen some suggestions about it in the forum already, but with a 100 or 1000 members in the clan, each one would want his private little room - this could get a little out of hand, so how about some kind of sanctuary, or the bridge (this is after all a drifting fortress in space).

4. Balcony room - wouldn't you like to just enter a little area, where you could just look at deep space? :) behind the thick glass ofcourse.

Thats it for now.
I think Dojo deserves more interactive things in it, and adding some motion in terms of NPC would make the place a little more alive.

Thanks for reading!

Obliteratus

Pretty cool ideas.

1 - It would be nice to see more life in the dojo.

2 - Love this idea.

3 - I could see this working if the private chambers were instance based. Maybe upon approaching the door, the tenno accesses a control panel and selects their private chamber. Then it loads it to the next cell and others can be invited in. Of course, only one person's private chamber can be activated at a time unless more private chamber rooms are built. When the tenno is done in the chamber, it becomes open for others to log into again. Not sure if loading rooms while already inside the dojo would work though. Another option is to have the room instanced to the dojo host. Players can host or go in solo if they want to spend time in their chamber. 

4 - That would be very nice. 

2. Prison / Interrogation cells! - Say you're on a capture mission. Lotus always says we WILL interrogate the subject at base. So how about when you did capture mission, the unlucky client ends up in a cell, strapped to a table, many tools and mind invasive devices around. Now here is a cool part - start interrogation in the same manner as research (resources and time required to finish interrogation), after it is done, the given information could merge into some sort of small reward. A small bonus alert perhaps? Nothing too major, but it would add to the game.

Even take this idea further - once subject is in your dojo, sometimes his faction will try to rescue him!

Another mode to play- Dojo Defense!!

Or maybe, Prison break and we have to stop him from escaping

all of these are fantastic, i'll add some more: (in no specific order of importance)

1) foundry room -- handles all your foundry operations, shows something like a 3d printer / CAD system in the works for what is being built by all the tenno in the clan. (also allows foundry operations to be managed alleviating the need to leave the dojo to manage your foundry) would be especially useful for clan research / weapons etc.

2) hangar -- we have spaceships, obviously. (we tool about on them at the beginning and end of the missions) wouldn't it be neat to have this cosmetic room to look at them? (and maybe down the line actually have some form of in-game mechanic that allows us to do something with them?) (yes, i'm dreaming here)

that's all i've got off the top of my head.

Edited by xethier

All very good ideas and i would like to most of them become a realitly in my dojo .

Most people don't spend to much in the dojo because they want to go and play missions , so that people dont need to leave the dojo in order to go play a mission why not have a room where you can go see a map on the wall or floor, select the mission you wish to do and the team you wish to take with you , stand on a large swirly swirly floor pad and tellport to your destination , returning to the war room when your mission is over , job's a gooden .

by the way where have the swirly swirly floor pads gone my feet are killing me , oh and does anyone know why my duel rooms have turned back in to the old style duel rooms instead of the nice funky new one with the fat budda and smoking pots in it ?

3. Private quaters - I seen some suggestions about it in the forum already, but with a 100 or 1000 members in the clan, each one would want his private little room - this could get a little out of hand, so how about some kind of sanctuary, or the bridge (this is after all a drifting fortress in space).

This could be doable from the barracks rooms, they already need to be built for capacity reasons anyway. Also if the personnel rooms were instance based, they wouldn't have to do much to the barracks rooms themselves, just a console like the research rooms (press X to activate) using the console to activate the players loadout could be a good place to start. 

more flex in modules and variety of modules to inter connect...as well as more themes and useable storage lockers . And a stasis chamber...that over time acumilates affinity  converted to xp when u sit your tenno in this chamber ..when logging out . Would be another use for base activeity

i like the idea of the captive prisoner but i think it would  be a lot better if we could interrogate them ourselves and get a chance to get rare mods from him or items also i have put up a form for a shooting range and armory please take a look at them and comment thank you. great ideas guys

i like the idea of the captive prisoner but i think it would  be a lot better if we could interrogate them ourselves and get a chance to get rare mods from him or items also i have put up a form for a shooting range and armory please take a look at them and comment thank you. great ideas guys

i'm not so keen on building in a torture and execution simulator...

Pretty cool ideas.

1 - It would be nice to see more life in the dojo.

2 - Love this idea.

3 - I could see this working if the private chambers were instance based. Maybe upon approaching the door, the tenno accesses a control panel and selects their private chamber. Then it loads it to the next cell and others can be invited in. Of course, only one person's private chamber can be activated at a time unless more private chamber rooms are built. When the tenno is done in the chamber, it becomes open for others to log into again. Not sure if loading rooms while already inside the dojo would work though. Another option is to have the room instanced to the dojo host. Players can host or go in solo if they want to spend time in their chamber. 

4 - That would be very nice. 

Private Chambers would be really cool if implemented correctly.

Also, Clan emblems.....

I feel like decorations including the Clan's emblem would go a long way into making a Clan's Dojo feel more personal. (One idea may be to have a variation of the Tenno banners that had the Clan Emblem instead)

In addendum to this list I think there can be several other room types

1: Weapon Testing (With dummies, a firing range, stuff like that)

2: A sentinel room (Rooms with sentinels wandering about, or something similar to that.

3: A trophy room/Clan Leader Trophy Room (A room with parts from bosses that either the clan or the Clan Leader has killed. I suppose this is similar to private quarters.

4: A treasury room. For those who want to donate or withdraw to/from the treasury. They just go into the massive vault and donate what they so choose to donate, or withdraw.

A shooting range would be pretty fantastic.  Private quarters would probably have to be its own separate thing that could then be accessed via the dojo in order to allow others access or something.  A balcony thing would also be neat, but it'd be even better if it were some kind of park with a domed glass ceiling and wall...  It could have a little trail running through it, maybe a pond, and a second tier with an observatory of sorts.

the idea of a shooting range after damage 2.0 is more appealing to me.

how's how i would do it:

one entry to the room. rectangular with the entrance on one of the smaller ends.

a few stalls (3-5 or so) and way to walk past the stalls on one side.

that's it.

everything else must be added as a cosmetic item. those are specific to this room.

targets:

everything you can think of. each costing a bit to place.

once placed they're indestructible but show damage upon hitting them.

allow them to be placed on walls, ceilings, have a few pillars that can be placed as a cosmetic items.

also, add in a kiosk type item that will refill ammo. 

additionally, add one that refills energy. (and allow ammo / energy refill kiosk to be placed in the dueling room too)