Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupt Charge, what does it actually do?

Roosamoosa

Question

Honestly don't understand the combo counter, does the 30+ initial combo multiply damage by 2x? Or is it an affinity boost of some sort. Been like 5 years since I've been able to play consistently and I feel so lost with all this new stuff 😅

5 answers to this question

A full breakdown can be read here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee_Combo

In a nutshell:

As you land melee hits, your combo counter increases. When your combo counter reaches certain thresholds - usually every 20 hits - you get a multiplier to heavy melee attacks. Unfortunately, no bonus to affinity, or pretty much anything else (barring Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds).

So if you equip Corrupt Charge, your combo counter will look like:

2x / 30

The "2x" is a "2 times" multiplier to the damage of your heavy attacks. The 30 is your combo counter.

In short: equipping Corrupt Charge will, by default, double the damage on your heavy melee attacks. You'll always have that 2x multiplier on them. As a drawback, it's a bit harder to get more combo and boost that heavy attack multiplier past 2x.

That x2 increases the heavy atack damage and it gets consumed when you use a heavy atack. The mod will set your base combo count at 30, so your heavy atacks will always have x2 damage, tho it's better to keep the mod at r2 as there you still get the x2 damage multiplier and you get less combo duration debuff. The mod is used for heavy atack builds, like on glaives

The combo counter displays how much your heavy* melee dmg is multiplayed by. Maxed Corrupt Charge already starts you at 30 combo counter which multiplies all your melee dmg x2. After a heavy attack you need to wait like 2 seconds for it to reset back to 30 combo. Personally I use it on Pennant and Glaive Prime to just spam heavy attacks, that way they will always do x2 dmg without the need of combo buildup.

3 hours ago, Roosamoosa said:

Honestly don't understand the combo counter, does the 30+ initial combo multiply damage by 2x? Or is it an affinity boost of some sort. Been like 5 years since I've been able to play consistently and I feel so lost with all this new stuff 😅

Using a Heavy Attack on a melee weapon with this equipped will deplete the Combo Counter like usual, but it will then rapidly regenerate to full within 2 second

Archived