Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon mercy kills don't work if target is in animation

Xikto

I have recently been using Parazon mercy kills to get that extra ability strength, and it is fine until you apply any sort of proc on the target, for example heat proc will completely blocks mercy kills, and god forbid if you are using an ability to slow enemies, it becomes impossible to use a mercy kill, i personally am running a 95% Slow Nezha (Gloom) and my weapons have viral heat, i generally only actually care enough to use this at steel path where it matters, and i constantly run into this issue.

Just put the mercy kill priority above other animations, is it too much to ask?

I used to think that Pablo knows what he is doing and would actually play a few missions with changes he worked on, but guess no one over there actually plays the game anymore.

I wonder if this explains why I can't use the parazon to get back health in a lot of scenarios recently. The enemy is begging for mercy, but running up to it and repeatedly pressing x does nothing. After a few seconds, the enemy dies and I'm left without the health boost.

Just now, Lotus-123 said:

I wonder if this explains why I can't use the parazon

Yup, it's the one, it is really annoying to do everything right just to find out that they didn't actually test what they are adding to the game properly.

It's actually been like that for many updates. But it's only recently that we even had a chance to get a mercy kill before everything dies, so now it's more noticeable.

Some animations that I've seen block the mercy kill are:

• fire proc animation
  • electric proc animation
  • blind animation

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed this a lot recently as well now that I actually care to use mercy kills after picking up [Swift Mercy] and [Hard Reset]. Picked them up thinking they would be great for reviving my pet when it dies in my endurance runs. Too bad it was a waste of my time to get them as any "Hard Crowd Control' effect, other then sleep it seems, makes it impossible to mercy kill an enemy. As the comment above has mentioned Fire, Electric, and Blind all prevent mercy kills as well as being Frozen by any of Frost's abilities.

You can override the animation lock from heat procs by using things that would normally activate a finisher mechanic. Say, Naramon's Dash, Radial Blind, Sleep of most sorts, Zakti, or Bronco.

But yes, I'm sharing the same opinion. An entire rework to parazon, and it wasn't caught by anyone that you're unable to perform parazon finishers if you hit enemies with Impact, Electric, or Heat?

Archived