Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Perma Unvault Rhino Prime and Mag Prime as drops from playing conclave or as purchases for conclave standing

MasterBQ

Why mag and Rhino Prime specifically? Rhino is a favorite of new players and putting his prime in conclave would encourage new tenno to play conclave. Mag because she is a starter warframe and thus also a likely sought out upgrade for new players.

28 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Anything to do with forced conclave?

"Forced"? That's a neat buzzword you got there. Keep in mind that the parts drop from their respective relics, can be traded, and DE can always make some additional relics that drop in other parts of the game for them.

I see nothing wrong on letting players play conclave in order to progress to desired rewards and bypass the rng aspect of farming prime stuff with relics.

38 minutes ago, MasterBQ said:

Suggestion: Perma Unvault Rhino Prime and Mag Prime as drops from playing conclave or as purchases for conclave standing.

A big NO to this. Anything related to Conclave is already a NO, wanting to force Conclave to acquire something that affects gameplay is yet another NO, also makes no sense Lore wise because Teshin has no Access to Prime stuff.

I know this is bait but to give a more serious answer: I wouldn't mind adding relics to Conclave end of mission reward tables. And I would not mind if those relics included unvaulted relics that you could still grind in other PvE missions. Conclave reward tables have needed some changes for a long time anyway, though for me it's low on the priority list compared to bugfixes and balancing gears.

If anything I'd permanently unvault Volt and Mag Primes through Conclave. Teshin already sells fully crafted starter frames for Conclave rep, so it wouldn't require too outrageous of a lore shoehorning for Conclave to drop their Prime relics. Why the starter Primes aren't evergreen to begin with I'll never know (AND WHERE IS MY FURIS & KUNAI PRIME DE YOU COWARDS???? PRIME ALL STARTER GEARS FFS) but they should be in some way. 

16 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

A big NO to this. Anything related to Conclave is already a NO, wanting to force Conclave to acquire something that affects gameplay is yet another NO, also makes no sense Lore wise because Teshin has no Access to Prime stuff.

27 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

"Forced"? That's a neat buzzword you got there. Keep in mind that the parts drop from their respective relics, can be traded, and DE can always make some additional relics that drop in other parts of the game for them.

I see nothing wrong on letting players play conclave in order to progress to desired rewards and bypass the rng aspect of farming prime stuff with relics.

6 minutes ago, traybong111 said:

I know this is bait but to give a more serious answer:

ah crap you've gotten me

I was going to wait until an hour passed to give a more serious response, but now that you've called me out I feel obliged to elaborate now.

8 minutes ago, traybong111 said:

I wouldn't mind adding relics to Conclave end of mission reward tables. And I would not mind if those relics included unvaulted relics that you could still grind in other PvE missions. Conclave reward tables have needed some changes for a long time anyway, though for me it's low on the priority list compared to bugfixes and balancing gears.

This is pretty much my exact idea, but moreso now that DE have revealed Nyx as unvaulting in regular missions alongside Rhino despite being a perma drop in railjack I figured that like with Nyx, where now it appears you have the option to grind out railjack OR wait for a typical unvaulting,  you could grind out conclave to obtain relics for conclave primes, or you could wait for a prime access and obtain such primes from normal missions. As always rhino and mag are still tradeable and you could still grind out plat to buy them as would now.

12 minutes ago, traybong111 said:

If anything I'd permanently unvault Volt and Mag Primes through Conclave.

as for this, rhino could be replaced with any frame and while volt fits the starter frame theme, I feel like his pseudo unvaulted state with baro is probably enough to make him somewhat accessable, while rhino is comically rare for such a new player friendly frame.

26 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

also makes no sense Lore wise because Teshin has no Access to Prime stuff.

as for the lore DE do not care about their own lore outside of quests, and as far as I know a dax possesing orokin relics isn't too outlandish

Honestly Conclave gets a bad rep, it is definitely boring with low player counts, but when you find a full or nearly full lobby, conclave is tons of fun. If DE were to add incentive to play conclave outside of "it pvp in pve game", full lobbies could become more common place and conclave could present its best to new conclave players and (hopefully) as a result hold a higher average player count. I mention rhino and mag specifically appealing to new players because veteran players who have been brainwashed by countless "ConCLaVE BaD" memes and circlejerking are unlikely to play regardless of new incentives. Even then, for veteran players, you can still trade for whatever frames are attached to conclave, regardless of how it would be implemented into conclave it would always be accessible. As for balance outside of a few outliers with broken stats or mechanics, conclave feels pretty balanced. DE would need to be on top of fixing broken weapons though, getting killed by something like tigris prime over and over again could easily put off new players.

sorry about ranty-ness and abrupt ending, but I'm kinda just going off of my mind and it's an internet form for a video game lol

3 hours ago, MasterBQ said:

Rhino is a favorite of new players and putting his prime in conclave would encourage new tenno to play conclave.

Well, no because It doesn't need incentive, it just needs to get fixed. It's never a good idea to add anything PvE related to conlave and the reasoning is illustrated in previous replies.

As for mag prime, she's not really an upgrade. There's little to no reason anybody should farm for her unless you just like seeing "PRIME" in your loadout.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

It's never a good idea to add anything PvE related to conlave and the reasoning is illustrated in previous replies.

Hard disagree, this is a bit of a hot take, but you shouldn't be able to get everything in a game if you want to ignore a major portion of it and conclave has the potential to be a much larger part of warframe. Even then what the previous replies and you failed to remember is that right now there is literally no way to mag or rhino when they are vaulted outside of trading. I am not suggesting that they become only accessable through conclave, they will always be tradeable. In addition to this I mention in my post that the new unvaulting of nyx and rhino means that even evergreen frames like nyx can be included in prime accesses, meaning that even if you didn't want to play conclave or trade for conclave primes, you could wait for your desired frame to be unvaulted.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

As for mag prime, she's not really an upgrade. There's little to no reason anybody should farm for her unless you just like seeing "PRIME" in your loadout.

This is factually untrue; Mag Prime has direct stat upgrades and an additional starting polarity, while most players are unlikely to care about stat upgrades saving a forma is always great. On top of this, the whole "only farm her if you like seeing prime" is a flawed statement. You completely disregard the importance of fashion in warframe, even new players may chase after mag prime because they prefer the way she looks over regular mag.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

Well, no because It doesn't need incentive, it just needs to get fixed

lastly, could you please specify what needs to be fixed? I already know about weapons with broken stats/mechanics (mentioned in long post) and console lacking dedicated servers, but if there is something else major, please enlighten me

1 hour ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

Well, no because It doesn't need incentive

PvE players stop playing anything, even PvE modes after running out of incentives on them, so it's safe to assume that any mode without am incentive is doomed to be omitted by the reward-hungry warframe community. What even are you on about?

it just needs to get fixed.

Yeah, but the thing becomes a catch 22 where players claim not to play because it doesn't get fixed and DE doesn't fix it because players don't play it. And to top it off, the mere mention of conclave in patch notes seems to trigger the hardline PvE players to start raging on the devs.

It's never a good idea to add anything PvE related to conlave and the reasoning is illustrated in previous replies.

Previous replies are just negative players gatekeeping stuff that's already widely available in the game without doing any  actual point other than "no cuz peeveepee".  Using the unreasonable response from that tiny little groupette of players to make a point is just as unreasonable as their negative.

Get off your high horse. Who are you to dictate what others should or shouldn't care about.

3 hours ago, MasterBQ said:

ah crap you've gotten me

I was going to wait until an hour passed to give a more serious response, but now that you've called me out I feel obliged to elaborate now.

This is pretty much my exact idea, but moreso now that DE have revealed Nyx as unvaulting in regular missions alongside Rhino despite being a perma drop in railjack I figured that like with Nyx, where now it appears you have the option to grind out railjack OR wait for a typical unvaulting,  you could grind out conclave to obtain relics for conclave primes, or you could wait for a prime access and obtain such primes from normal missions. As always rhino and mag are still tradeable and you could still grind out plat to buy them as would now.

as for this, rhino could be replaced with any frame and while volt fits the starter frame theme, I feel like his pseudo unvaulted state with baro is probably enough to make him somewhat accessable, while rhino is comically rare for such a new player friendly frame.

1 hour ago, MasterBQ said:

Hard disagree, this is a bit of a hot take, but you shouldn't be able to get everything in a game if you want to ignore a major portion of it and conclave has the potential to be a much larger part of warframe. Even then what the previous replies and you failed to remember is that right now there is literally no way to mag or rhino when they are vaulted outside of trading. I am not suggesting that they become only accessable through conclave, they will always be tradeable. In addition to this I mention in my post that the new unvaulting of nyx and rhino means that even evergreen frames like nyx can be included in prime accesses, meaning that even if you didn't want to play conclave or trade for conclave primes, you could wait for your desired frame to be unvaulted.

Sorry for assuming on my part. I have very little patience left when it comes to forum PvE players' opinions on Conclave. 

I really don't have much to disagree on your suggestion. I think as long as these perma-unvaults go with both Conclave and Railjack or some other PvE mode, there shouldn't be any issue. In the Void Key days, some older Primes would be "demoted" and moved out of Void to Orokin Derelicts (now Deimos)--Ember Prime parts for example spent much of later Void Key years in ODD and ODS. There are still plenty of places for DE to spread out older Primes, and like how they did with Railjack to add incentive I think adding these newly-evergreen relics to Conclave would help out. After all, there's still open world and Railjack and Void nodes for PvE players to farm if they don't want to play Conclave. 

tbh I have my own Conclave hot takes on how copy-pasting PvE Syndicate structure on it doesn't really work that well and should have its reward & progression paths revisited, but that's a rant for another thread. Just let Teshin handle Volt Prime relics for a bit, he can't possibly fail worse than Baro. Like, Baro can still have Volt relics but with how rarely he brings them he might as well not have them. 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

For all intents and purposes, I hope it doesn't. Either true dedicated servers for the whole game, or nothing. 

Really? That's quite selfish, especially keeping in mind that, as someone who has actually played on servers hosted under the current system, i can tell that some of these are miles better than anything DE or even some AAA games can offer while being available for free.

Also, for the whole game? That's just delusional.

I guess it's gonna be all about moving goalposts once that happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This would just cause more people to come into conclave to boost and not really play the game mode properly. Which would probably upset all 4 conclave players so it wouldn't be the worst thing but those 4 players may not see it the same way. Even if you put good rewards behind it the game mode is still a turd and it wont be any better with primes locked behind it. If anything it would cause alot of outrage and they would have to backtrack on it or also put them out to farm forever in PvE as well XD. You would not attract anyone who actually wants to play, they would just abuse boosting to reach the top and get the primes...

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Zweimander said:

This would just cause more people to come into conclave to boost and not really play the game mode properly. Which would probably upset all 4 conclave players so it wouldn't be the worst thing but those 4 players may not see it the same way. Even if you put good rewards behind it the game mode is still a turd and it wont be any better with primes locked behind it. If anything it would cause alot of outrage and they would have to backtrack on it or also put them out to farm forever in PvE as well XD. You would not attract anyone who actually wants to play, they would just abuse boosting to reach the top and get the primes...

Haven't you permanently stopped playing the game? You've mentioned that often enough in previous posts.

If so, why do you care? Especially as someone who was staunchly opposed to PvP. 🤔

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Haven't you permanently stopped playing the game? You've mentioned that often enough in previous posts.

If so, why do you care? Especially as someone who was staunchly opposed to PvP. 🤔

I don't anymore, I am just pointing out the obvious reaction that would be had and what DE would have to do after the outrage occured to recover. Unless PvP gets a complete redo PvE players will not accept such meaningful things being locked behind a quarter baked game mode. I would know since I like most the playerbase was staunchly against PvP as a whole and if they put good rewards behind such a crappy game mode It would of been outrage even back then. Atleast the other crap game nodes are connected to PvE unlike PvP so they seem to get a pass for the most part but conclave is a rotting corpse at this point with no chance of saving with just rewards. Gotta reimagine it and make it actually fun to play first, I say this as a gamer in general not just a former veteran.

Archived