Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pre and post-rework blast, which is more useful?

Ariel19_98

I know blast has never got much love from the community for some reason, but I particularly enjoyed this type of damage for its procs.

Having an enemy waste their time in a long animation standing up was very useful for survivability. If you can't kill a level 80+ heavy gunner (which I can't even with a good build), at least keeping them on the ground NOT shooting you or your team actually justifies adding this proc to a gun with enough status chance.

Now, is there any reason to build blast? The damage is mostly bad against enemy resistance types across the board, and the new proc is nigh useless at my view. Reducing enemy accuracy? What's that gonna do in the sea of bullets that are fights in Warframe, besides turning it into a sea of stray bullets? Enemies are still shooting at you, or at your vicinity, so they WILL still hit you eventually.

What would you have? Pre-rework or post-rework blast?

Cold procs slow the enemy down so slower rate of fire, movement, easier to hit the head/weak spot.

Heat procs set the target on fire so they stand there flailing around well screaming "AH I'M ON FIRE!". They aren't attacking at all or moving plus they take a bit of damage and a bit of armor gets stripped.

Either are far superior to "The enemies random weapons fire that may or may not hit you is now slightly more random." that current blast is.

1 hour ago, Ariel19_98 said:

What would you have? Pre-rework or post-rework blast?

neither really. explosives are always fun, especially in copious amounts, but in warframe, blast is probably the worst damage type there is: it's rubbish vs shields and armor, and it doesn't hurt flesh any more than any other damage type. 

1 hour ago, Ariel19_98 said:

If you can't kill a level 80+ heavy gunner (which I can't even with a good build), at least keeping them on the ground NOT shooting you or your team actually justifies adding this proc to a gun with enough status chance.

your builds can't be that good then... 80+ heavy gunners die pretty quick to a proper setup, especially now with Galvanized mods: Steel path enemies are weaker than ever. if you want a proc to keep them off your team, I find radiation is better: they take more damage from it and while they might not actually kill their allies, they will still redirect agro towards them as long as another enemy is closer than you are to them.

I just wish that every damage type could be on roughly the same level: each with a purpose, each one effective in different ways. sadly I don't think such a thing is possible.

The only thing I really liked with blast was sonicor before the self damage/knockback changes just because I'd love watching enemies get thrown into the skybox. (though I like the self damage being changed to knockback as a whole it's just really awful using the sonicor now with my playstyle)

26 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

I thought enemy blast procs still do this?

they don't anymore they just reduce accuracy, you can easily tell by letting a bombard or a hellion shoot you with their rockets. Get enough bombards and you used spend nearly the whole mission knocked on your butt, now you can just run through an entire volley with no worries of knockdown.

The old Blast was useful for crowd-control because it was guaranteed knockdown.  I couldn't tell you what Blast does now, but from reading the thread it sounds like it reduces enemy accuracy?  Which I don't care about.  I don't want to roll a dice to see if my debuff actually effects whether I die or not.

If Blast still did its old effect, I could maybe see a reason to use it in certain builds?  But as things are now, why would you waste Cold and Heat making Blast to maybe get shot less when you could instead make Viral and Heat and definitely melt your enemies?

Pre-rework Blast was the only element that could applies 2 unique status effect from a single attack(blast effect+knockdown). So it was popular for CO back then.

I am aware of 200% status chance can apply 2 different status now, but these were added later.

5 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

I suppose Handspring/Prime Surefooted don't really need to be equipped nowadays huh?

not unless you are running directly up to grineer heavy units (their slam), blitz eximus (slam), arson eximus (fire ring),  scorpions and their subtypes, leapers or ancients. Probably keep it on if you want to use explosives yourself. It's not absolutely mandatory anymore in long running void missions at least.

Old blast: Can stunlock enemies, but they constantly tumble on their butts making harder to hit headshots/weakspots

New blast: Enemies dont tumble anymore and their accuracy is lowered but this accuracy debuff effectiveness is questionable

You choose. By all odds I prefered old blast, now its only useful to proc Condition Overload/Galvanized Shot/Aptitude

you know what if blast didn't knockdown them down and still had it's accuracy loss but it also "stunned' the enemies for like a second or two. Just make enemies stand still with little sparks coming off their heads or something. That would give the CC back without disrupting other players (a common complaint about old blast) and without ragdolling them into the stratosphere causing game breaking bugs.

I dunno, I liked blast before actually? I used to *@##$ and complain about Blast knocking enemies to floor, making me aim at guys lying on the ground, instead of just casually sweeping crosshairs in a direction. But now I kinda miss it, was kinda funny seeing groups of enemies flopping to the ground. 

New Blast sucks. It doens't look cool, and is actually a nerf from Old Blast. Old Blast would reduce enemy accuracy to zero because on the ground

The old blast was meh at best. It was mandatory on some launcher weapon for some odd reason like ogris. Enemy accuracy in warframe is stupid. They have aim bot with 100% hitscan weapons. Having 99 of their bullets hit you instead of the 100 with aim bot isn't going to help much. I much prefer if Blast jam enemy weapons for a certain intervals per stack. 

Archived