Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aren't the Plains supposed to be scarier at night?

Darthplagueis13

Having played both day and night a fair bit now, I can 100% say that going there at night is a lot easier, safer and more relaxing. Like, sure, there's the Vomvalysts and there's the big Eidolon and the magnetic water, but all those are really easy to avoid.

The plains during the daytime on the other hand... You got high level, heavily damaging grineer in every corner. They spot you from a mile away, send up one of those bloody beacons and constantly harass you on those flying scooters which are borderline impossible to take out without a hitscan weapon.

During the night I usually have the feeling that I can go about my business undisturbed, but during the day it feels like I can't go three steps without a world war breaking out and once it's broken out, it's nigh impossible to get away from because you keep getting shelled from above.

I think just in terms of difficulty there's a bit of a disconnect between what should be and what actually is the case.

Personally, while I wouldn’t mind seeing a more dangerous night in action, I really enjoy the current state of it.

The day feels so busybusybusy and chaotic, and when the sirens sound and night falls, it’s a really nice contrast. Surrounded by the dark, gentle night sounds punctuated by the frantic fighting of some outpost in the distance being invaded by Vomvalysts. It’s particularly nice when it’s raining and I can hear the far-off call of the Teralyst as I go about my business like a thief

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Personally, while I wouldn’t mind seeing a more dangerous night in action, I really enjoy the current state of it.

The day feels so busybusybusy and chaotic, and when the sirens sound and night falls, it’s a really nice contrast. Surrounded by the dark, gentle night sounds punctuated by the frantic fighting of some outpost in the distance being invaded by Vomvalysts. It’s particularly nice when it’s raining and I can hear the far-off call of the Teralyst as I go about my business like a thief

True. I actually quite like the night. I only wish that the day was a little less dramatic. Like, I don't mind having tough enemy encounters (though it feels strange that bounties are infinitely harder than actual missions in the same level range) but it's kind of annoying how omnipresent the enemies are. Like, the combination of almost every single grineer being able to call for reinforcement with the seeker drones and with the Dargyns flying overhead all the time means that it becomes really difficult to not be in combat.

... I'm sorry... I have a hard time picturing lvl50s as "high level" after living in Steel Path up to the hotfix that disabled the alarm subsystem in Steel Path...

... so~, unless you're entering the Plains in Steel Path... well...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Uhkretor:

... I'm sorry... I have a hard time picturing lvl50s as "high level" after living in Steel Path up to the hotfix that disabled the alarm subsystem in Steel Path...

... so~, unless you're entering the Plains in Steel Path... well...

Well... I just so happen to be a relatively new player and right now lv40 is already a little above my paygrade. And all I can say is the plains are a much more dangerous, stressful and obnoxious place during the day and I just want to knock out some bloody wildlife with a tranq rifle without getting assaulted by some jerk on a flying scooter, is that really asking too much?

2 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

I just so happen to be a relatively new player and right now lv40 is already a little above my paygrade.

... Ah... Well, if you're a relatively new player then yeah, lvl40+ is indeed a bit difficult to deal with...

Agreed.

• The grind of leveling the Quills makes the vomvalysts more like the game flinging coins at you than a threat or nuisance
  • Not being interrupted, in whatever you're doing, by the annoying tusk thumper, is pretty nice
  • Those gentle giants the Eidolon mind their own business to a Shadow of the Colossus degree

All in all, it seems nicer at night than many neighborhoods where people are safely ensconced in their homes playing Warframe at the moment.

Archived