Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pathocyst Heavy Attack Damage cut in half

FA22_RaptoR

This bug has been around since the release of Sisters of Parvos. Heavy attack on CHARGED THROW damage has been cut in half, as well as the REGULAR THROW's heavy attack.

The regular/quick attack was supposed to have it's damage cut in half, however the Heavy Attack on the charged throw (the heavy attack explosion) has been cut in half from it's previous stats.

Obviously I have double checked to make sure I didn't have something like an extinguished dragon key equipped.

Before the charged throw Heavy attack did 1572 viral damage, it's now doing 786, which is the exact same as the regular attack "explosion". So BOTH the charged and regular throw got their damage cut in half, instead of JUST the quick throw heavy attack (explosion).

XSUC3Od.jpg

• Like 15

• 4 weeks later...

Pathocyst is still doing half it's damage in the charged throw's heavy attack.

Supposed to do 1572 and it's only doing 786 (the same as it's normal throw)

I HAVE TESTED THIS IN THE SIMULACRUM, and it's NOT a visual bug, it's only doing 786 damage on the explosion (on a stripped weapon, no mods)

• Like 4

I mean, glaive prime (forced slash proc) Cerata and Halikar wraith are all MUCH better than the pathocyst right now. It was a solid melee weapon but nothing meta breaking. I mean the Glaive prime does forced slash which is why it was so good, but more than possible to balance with riven dispo changes alone.

In any case this really needs to be dealt with, I've already gone back to using other melee weapons. It took like 6 months to get the Kuva Ayanga fixed; but that wasn't a strait forward issue. This should be no more difficult than changing an entry in an XML spreadsheet.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow I can't wait for New War! My weapon of choice is ----

Actually my weapon of choice has been bugged for almost 5 months now and is suffering from half of its intended damage  for no reason. Please fix this, numerical value fixes like that should not take this much time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well,I got a reason for this.I checked the wiki page of pathocyst,and its patch history said,in Update 29.5,when glaive family got a buff,the heavy attack explosion damage of pathocyst has been  accidentally doubled,this is an undocumented change,which means non-mentioned in update notes.And then,in Update 30.5,when glaive family got a nerf,DE finally discovered this,and fixed it.So seems the damage should be 756.Though is completely DE's fault,this thing is over now.Just blame them,maybe we can call a buff for pathocyst?Well,I don't think it will work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this again, hoping it'll get some attention now that new war is out and some things have calmed down. What was said on the wiki doesn't make sense (if it was unintentional, the update makes it sound like it was meant to be 1572 and it was not buffed correctly after the glaive rework), as the quick throw was cut to half the damage for ALL the glaives, but the pathocyst does 756 for both the charged throw and and the quick throw heavy attack explosion.

The pathocyst has always had the highest damage of all the glaives for the heavy attack, but now it's doing the same as the regular glaive's heavy attack. The fact that it does 1 (one) viral proc only gives it a whopping 50% extra damage bonus to health at the expense of not doing a physical damage proc like impact for CC or slash for DOT. It's also the slowest throwing of the glaives IIRC. This thing is NOT over powered, even with an exceptional riven it was still taking 2 heavy attack explosions to kill a steel path lancer, unlike the Glaive prime taking everything out in 1 hit with slash procs.

If it's only supposed to be doing 756 damage, then it's quick throw explosion is doing twice what it should... I'm sure this is a case of an accidental nerf, because it's useless compared to the Glaive prime, or any other heavy attack melee. Just based on what I was reading, i'm pretty sure it's still supposed to be doing 1572 damage for the charged throw heavy attack (and the wiki does still list the "Charged throw recall explosion" as 1572)

Edited by FA22_RaptoR
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...