Random question, why are there voice lines for getting caught in the Heart of Deimos stealth section?

Kitsune-Orrion

It instantly kills you. Yes, I assume they're supposed to be abiding by the laws of physics and shouldn't be shooting you through several walls, but let's say that it's not a bug causing it and someone just gets caught by the roaming necramechs. Why is the voice line there, again? Do they actually just drag you back to the Heart and wait for you to wake up, patrolling around? Considering how [REDACTED] is behind everything including the necramechs, it would make some sense... but wouldn't it be less of a coarse experience to implement that into the questline and have people be like "Hmm, why are they dragging me back into the Heart?" only for it to click later once [REDACTED] is revealed to have been behind it all? You're introducing a form of a mechanic that foreshadows parts of the story through gameplay, and it wouldn't take much effort at all to implement either. Not only does it seem like a missed opportunity if this was supposed to be the case, but if it wasn't then adding a voice line and literally nothing else serves to call attention to how strange it is.

15 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Last time I did that... the mission didnt failed when the mechs saw me, they instead started to shot. So I just raw behind a wall and tried to avoid combat... somehow arcane aegis proc'ed there to save my life lol

and I got shot through several walls. I have to wonder why other people get to enjoy a bug-free experience while I'm forever bound to end up suffering through these segments. It would be great if I could just skip the missions so that I don't suffer. With The War Within I get the invisible Golden Maw bug and I had to go through it entirely, 100% with sound because it was invisible. With The Second Dream I get to enjoy the quality gameplay of logging in and out until my sentinel stops firing at me. With The Heart of Deimos, I had to just rush the objective market as fast as possible hoping none of their wall-piercing attacks hit me because they can see and fire through walls. I just can't wait for The New War. It never ends.

Obviously, looking at gameplay videos for The Heart of Deimos, I'm envious. They have necramechs that both take time to arm their weapons and their necramechs don't see or shoot through walls. It must be great having fun with these missions, but I can't relate and that honestly makes me kind of mad.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

how'd you even get spotted lol? I literally just ran without looking and made it past all the mechs in one go. and usually I suck at stealth. 

Ah yes, the old "I didn't have a problem so how could you" response. Cool. Now, I don't know if you know this because it's some long-lost sacred knowledge, but different people have different loadouts and do things differently, which can have unintended side-effects. I brought this thing named a 'companion' which, like in The War Within, has a few... bugs that need squashing apparently. What's the point of your response?

8 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Why does the topic title have nothing to do with the OP's complaints?

It actually does. The complaint is mostly about how they've wasted a good opportunity for storyline characterization, and the complaint about the #*!%ing, irritating bugs are totally separate and a direct response to someone else. It is annoying, experiencing a majority of bugs games have to offer while people like you and the person I previously responded to experience relatively bug-free gameplay.

Whether you deserve a bug-free experience is irrelevant (because everyone does) though I wish someone else would suffer so they can relate to how anti-fun it is to be forced to finish quests you know will just make you miserable because of these glitches. On some level I may just quit and spend my time in a less buggy game, really, because nothing annoys me more than dying to bugs or poor mechanics.

3 hours ago, Kitsune-Orrion said:

It actually does. The complaint is mostly about how they've wasted a good opportunity for storyline characterization, and the complaint about the #*!%ing, irritating bugs are totally separate and a direct response to someone else. It is annoying, experiencing a majority of bugs games have to offer while people like you and the person I previously responded to experience relatively bug-free gameplay.

Whether you deserve a bug-free experience is irrelevant (because everyone does) though I wish someone else would suffer so they can relate to how anti-fun it is to be forced to finish quests you know will just make you miserable because of these glitches. On some level I may just quit and spend my time in a less buggy game, really, because nothing annoys me more than dying to bugs or poor mechanics.

You're assuming a lot there. I experience plenty of bugs in the game. My whole Call of the Tempestari quest was bugged out so much that I didn't even get to preview Sevagoth like I was supposed to be able to. What I was asking in my reply, though, was why is the title complaining about voice lines and the topic post complaining about bugs? I'm not seeing the connection.

Archived